Video: Millions view shocking school violence as teacher appears to attack student

webfact

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'The system' at work! THIS IS Thailand! No democracy to expect here till Buddhist year 3000, ...or there should be a revolution, but as 'the System' has made the general population lame, tame, weak, gullible for so many generations, I'm afraid it has creeped in the genes, and the 'Thais' are not able to come up for themselves anymore, stuck, very sad indeed.

6 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

No. 

It’s the person defending teachers who violently assault children. 

Have you not read the thread. It's been shown to be fake news 

It's not in Thailand, it's in some province of Malaysia. 

The boy hitting is student fighting with another student that upset him. 

There were no teachers in the room because it was breaktime. 

For goodness sakes people, get with the program. 

3 hours ago, greenchair said:

Have you not read the thread. It's been shown to be fake news 

It's not in Thailand, it's in some province of Malaysia. 

The boy hitting is student fighting with another student that upset him. 

There were no teachers in the room because it was breaktime. 

For goodness sakes people, get with the program. 

I’m not referring to this story. 

I’m talking about your attempts to justify striking a child. 

Something you have also done on other threads where teachers have struck a child. 

On 11/9/2017 at 8:42 PM, Yme said:

Ahahaha. #FakeNews

Not what it appears to be at all.

‘Teacher Beating a Student Video’ Goes Viral in Thailand – But It’s Fake News (video)

https://aecnewstoday.com/2017/teacher-beating-a-student-video-goes-viral-in-thailand-but-its-fake-news/#axzz4wmc5RCH8

"Rather than being a Thai school, the classroom in the video above is actually in Indonesia. Rather than being a teacher beating a student, the video actually depicts a fight between two students."

And that is why I told all the monks and saints in this thread that we need more details before making any conclusions. But so many people believe only what they like to believe. (And all those moral judgements made me wanna puke. )

Edited by Zikomat

FAKE NEWS AGAIN:

If it was elsewhere the news agency editor quoting this to be Thai news would be behind bars.

Rather than being a Thai school, the classroom in the video above is actually in Indonesia. Rather than being a teacher beating a student, the video actually depicts a fight between two students.

Quoting West Kalimantan Police Chief Inspector General Erwin Triwanto, Medeka.com reported on November 7  that the video above was recorded at a Vocational High School (Sekolah Menengah Kejuruan or SMK) in Pontianak, the capital of Indonesia’s West Kalimantan Province.

of course schools especially primary centers have gone to the dogs in most Asian countries from Pakistan to Indonesia and Thailand TO Philippines..government budgets are just not enough to offer what is required.

On 11/10/2017 at 9:14 AM, ray23 said:

Never got to see the video. When I was a kid punishment threatened was a the school principal applying a paddle to rear end in a rapid and forceful manner.

Truth is it never happened just the thought was enough.

As to kids behavior that is done by parents not teachers.

Punching a kid shouldn't happen.

I would like to see the video anyone got a link

The video and supporting proof -- guess that's called research/ journalism instead of trolling Facebook and copying and pasting to try and get clicks -- is still available here https://aecnewstoday.com/2017/teacher-beating-a-student-video-goes-viral-in-thailand-but-its-fake-news/#axzz4wmc5RCH8

Might stop a few more TV members from making fools of themself if they read the thread instead of just jumping on the comment bandwagon. (Not meant as a reply to the two comments quoted above).

Edited by Yme

9 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

I’m not referring to this story. 

I’m talking about your attempts to justify striking a child. 

Something you have also done on other threads where teachers have struck a child. 

What did I say that justified striking a child. 

My son got smacks on the hand and leg. 

He's a great kid now. 

The other parents have uncontrollable teenagers. They are always asking me what to do. 

But it's too late. 

Spare the rod and spoil the child. 

1 minute ago, greenchair said:

What did I say that justified striking a child. 

My son got smacks on the hand and leg. 

He's a great kid now. 

The other parents have uncontrollable teenagers. They are always asking me what to do. 

But it's too late. 

Spare the rod and spoil the child. 

Most of your replies to me have been attempting to justify/explain away/defend the actions of a teacher striking a child.

No teacher should ever strike a child.

It can never be justified. 

On 9.11.2017 at 2:42 PM, Yme said:

Ahahaha. #FakeNews

Not what it appears to be at all.

‘Teacher Beating a Student Video’ Goes Viral in Thailand – But It’s Fake News (video)

https://aecnewstoday.com/2017/teacher-beating-a-student-video-goes-viral-in-thailand-but-its-fake-news/#axzz4wmc5RCH8

I like this part of that article:

"Similarly, on one online English-language expat forum renowned for its bar stool legal expertise, armchair online crime scene investigators, and ‘hang-em high’ juries, the outrage and criticism has been equally fierce, the topic billed as ‘Millions view shocking school violence as teacher appears to attack student’.

However, things are not always as they appear and this video only serves as a warning on how fake news is spread.

Rather than being a Thai school, the classroom in the video above is actually in Indonesia. Rather than being a teacher beating a student, the video actually depicts a fight between two students."

It seems more people read TV than I thought...

Read more: 'Teacher Beating a Student Video' Goes Viral in Thailand - But It's Fake News https://aecnewstoday.com/2017/teacher-beating-a-student-video-goes-viral-in-thailand-but-its-fake-news/#ixzz4y879s8pw 
Please copy and share within the spirit of fair use. We protect our copyrights. Citation link required back to source material. 
Follow us: @aecnewstoday on Twitter

20 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Most of your replies to me have been attempting to justify/explain away/defend the actions of a teacher striking a child.

No teacher should ever strike a child.

It can never be justified. 

As you have said, you have never taught a class of 40 teenage boys with no assistant. 

The parents of the good kids are dependent on education for their children growth and wellbeing. They support reasonable discipline in class. 

The parents of the naughty failing sods that won't let anyone learn do not support discipline. 

In the video, the good kid was sat at the desk and the rotter laid into him. 

If the good kid were my son, I would support a cane on the arse to the rotter. 

If the rotter were my kid, I would not support a cane and support maybe some detention. 

It's all a matter of perspective Bluespunk.

Just now, greenchair said:

As you have said, you have never taught a class of 40 teenage boys with no assistant. 

The parents of the good kids are dependent on education for their children growth and wellbeing. They support reasonable discipline in class. 

The parents of the naughty failing sods that won't let anyone learn do not support discipline. 

In the video, the good kid was sat at the desk and the rotter laid into him. 

If the good kid were my son, I would support a cane on the arse to the rotter. 

If the rotter were my kid, I would not support a cane and support maybe some detention. 

It's all a matter of perspective Bluespunk.

For my teaching experiences read the rather extensive resume i gave you in a prior post.

I have dealt with very challenging students and adults in a variety of situations and have never once needed to or contemplated striking one.

Mainly because I am a teacher, not a thug. 

Any teacher striking a child in the classroom is a disgrace to the profession and has no place in it.

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

For my teaching experiences read the rather extensive resume i gave you in a prior post.

I have dealt with very challenging students and adults in a variety of situations and have never once needed to or contemplated striking one.

Mainly because I am a teacher, not a thug. 

Any teacher striking a child in the classroom is a disgrace to the profession and has no place in it.

I have read your extensive and commendable resume. The one that you used to avoid the question. And you Continue to avoid the question. 

Have you taught 40 teenage boys with no assistant all day with no breaks. Because that is the standard day for many Asian teachers. 

A simple yes or no will surfice. 

59 minutes ago, greenchair said:

I have read your extensive and commendable resume. The one that you used to avoid the question. And you Continue to avoid the question. 

Have you taught 40 teenage boys with no assistant all day with no breaks. Because that is the standard day for many Asian teachers. 

A simple yes or no will surfice. 

Read what I have done again. 

You may notice I at no point mention having assistants. Ponder on that. 

The numbers are clear. 

And it is irrelevent anyway. 

No teacher should ever strike a child. 

Violence is always unacceptable in the classroom. 

Nothing justifies it. 

Nothing can explain it away. 

Strange thing... though I can't make out specific words, the students don't seem to be speaking Bahasa Indonesia ... does sound more like Thai (I know enough of both languages to know the difference, and I suspect most of us could tell the difference between Chinese and German without knowing either language). 

11 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Read what I have done again. 

You may notice I at no point mention having assistants. Ponder on that. 

The numbers are clear. 

And it is irrelevent anyway. 

No teacher should ever strike a child. 

Violence is always unacceptable in the classroom. 

Nothing justifies it. 

Nothing can explain it away. 

I have just seen that video for the first time. I don't know about your utopian world. But I prefer to stay on the topic of this particular case. Clearly it is not a teacher. I saw that all of the children are well behaved . In this case the good boy was sitting at the desk and horrendously attacked for saying the wrong thing.then the other boy nicely asks the attacker to hit more softly, then he is attacked. These days all manner of agencies  and yourself are defending the rights of A.D.D children, violent children and plain undisciplined children. What about the rights of the child being beaten? I am sure you take very good care of all these low level no hopers. Our best high level achievers are constantly being denied their right to a safe and nurturing education. Those rotten sods take 90 percent of teachers time with the pathetic new rules. Time out, hours of talking, hours of extra help, hours of parent meetings, hours of disruption to class. 

And no time left to assist the good kids to pass exams. 

In the past when there was caning on the hand we didn't have any of these problems. 

10 hours ago, Docno said:

Strange thing... though I can't make out specific words, the students don't seem to be speaking Bahasa Indonesia ... does sound more like Thai (I know enough of both languages to know the difference, and I suspect most of us could tell the difference between Chinese and German without knowing either language). 

I can't make out all of it, but when the boy walks up to stop fight he clearly says bow bow. 

In thai language that means softly softly. Often used to tell someone to calm down or lighten up or stop yelling. The uniform also looks thai with the patch on the arm used on scout day. It could well be a Thai school. I think the teacher comes in at the end. I am wondering why everyone did not intervene and since everyone is sat there I am assuming the class is in session. Nowadays since teachers are not allowed to discipline children, the new tactic in Thailand is the teacher will get another kid to beat up the one they are angry with. 

It might be the case here. Very sorry to the small boy that was beaten. 

18 minutes ago, greenchair said:

I have just seen that video for the first time. I don't know about your utopian world. But I prefer to stay on the topic of this particular case. Clearly it is not a teacher. I saw that all of the children are well behaved . In this case the good boy was sitting at the desk and horrendously attacked for saying the wrong thing.then the other boy nicely asks the attacker to hit more softly, then he is attacked. These days all manner of agencies  and yourself are defending the rights of A.D.D children, violent children and plain undisciplined children. What about the rights of the child being beaten? I am sure you take very good care of all these low level no hopers. Our best high level achievers are constantly being denied their right to a safe and nurturing education. Those rotten sods take 90 percent of teachers time with the pathetic new rules. Time out, hours of talking, hours of extra help, hours of parent meetings, hours of disruption to class. 

And no time left to assist the good kids to pass exams. 

In the past when there was caning on the hand we didn't have any of these problems. 

Violence is not discipline and teaches nothing except violence is justified if you are stronger.

Teachers are supposed to support, develop and guide children, not violently assault them.

Nothing justifies striking a child.

Nothing.

On 11/9/2017 at 4:12 PM, djayz said:

As I've said a few times already on this thread, violence isn't acceptable. That's my take on all forms of violence - domestic, child, women, etc. The teacher is 100% in the wrong - no ifs or buts, but we will continue to see and hear about other cases of teachers beating students until something is done to tackle the problem. The only real way to solve the problem is to get to the root of it. What's causing these "professionals" to go into meltdown? Over crowded classes? Over worked? Untrained to cope in today's teaching environment? Unmanagable students? What's causing these outbursts? How can they be prevented? How many other cases of abuse go unrecorded and unreported? 

This is a serious situation and calls for drastic measures before some student ends up paralised or beated to death. 

Ill agree here, the system is hopelessly flawed, teachers are teachers only in name, curriculum is laughable, ans students know it.

Accountability does not exist. 

Sadly the junta is not going to change that. 

A more progressive government is required, though im uncertain of the likelihood of that.

On 11/9/2017 at 4:33 PM, Zikomat said:

We don't know details. Under some circumstances, I could act the same way this teacher did. Maybe this "innocent" student just raped the teacher's daughter? So many hypocritic comments I want to vomit.

Firstly hypocritic is not a word. 

Secondly, Students raped his daughter? Really? 

Dont you think that is a bit of a stretch?

55 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Violence is not discipline and teaches nothing except violence is justified if you are stronger.

Teachers are supposed to support, develop and guide children, not violently assault them.

Nothing justifies striking a child.

Nothing.

Whatever. 

You are a fighter for the undisciplined underachievers of this world. With a mamby pamby approach on how to deal with it that clearly is not working. 

I am a fighter for the high achievers and their rights being protected rather than being ignored all the time. I With a support of strict discipline including reasonable force, that may include a smack on the hand with a cane or ruler. Or fine have it your way and remove them from the school. 

I will agree to disagree. 

29 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

Ill agree here, the system is hopelessly flawed, teachers are teachers only in name, curriculum is laughable, ans students know it.

Accountability does not exist. 

Sadly the junta is not going to change that. 

A more progressive government is required, though im uncertain of the likelihood of that.

I agree with you, however you'll find teachers have been made powerless the world over. 

Every avenue of discipline they try,They are told they cannot do that, then never given an alternative. Nobody wants to teach anymore. 

1 minute ago, greenchair said:

Whatever. 

You are a fighter for the undisciplined underachievers of this world. With a mamby pamby approach on how to deal with it that clearly is not working. 

I am a fighter for the high achievers and their rights being protected rather than being ignored all the time. I With a support of strict discipline including reasonable force, that may include a smack on the hand with a cane or ruler. Or fine have it your way and remove them from the school. 

I will agree to disagree. 

My saying is 2 sides to every story Teachers do have rights also They just lack support Have to be rules in place to deal with this as most schools do but headmasters in Thailand at pvt schools look at parents as the customers Keep the customers happy and dont upset the kids and the money keeps flowing

On 11/11/2017 at 9:35 PM, Jonah Tenner said:

I like this part of that article:

"Similarly, on one online English-language expat forum renowned for its bar stool legal expertise, armchair online crime scene investigators, and ‘hang-em high’ juries, the outrage and criticism has been equally fierce, the topic billed as ‘Millions view shocking school violence as teacher appears to attack student’.

However, things are not always as they appear and this video only serves as a warning on how fake news is spread.

Rather than being a Thai school, the classroom in the video above is actually in Indonesia. Rather than being a teacher beating a student, the video actually depicts a fight between two students."

It seems more people read TV than I thought...

Read more: 'Teacher Beating a Student Video' Goes Viral in Thailand - But It's Fake News https://aecnewstoday.com/2017/teacher-beating-a-student-video-goes-viral-in-thailand-but-its-fake-news/#ixzz4y879s8pw 
Please copy and share within the spirit of fair use. We protect our copyrights. Citation link required back to source material. 
Follow us: @aecnewstoday on Twitter

im actually just relieved it didnt happen here.

that said, i believe it easily could.

thanks for clearing it up.