Bali Hai work set for on-time completion

Rimmer

Bali Hai work set for on-time completion

image.png

PATTAYA:--A frantic last-minute push will see Bali Hai Pier’s renovation completed before next week’s international fleet show.

A Nov. 2 check on the South Pattaya jetty showed the work more than 80 percent finished with no indication it would not be done in time for the fleet review, which begins Nov. 13.

Electricity has already been installed and the new water fountain is coming to completion, with only minor details to attend to.

The pier work had been running badly behind schedule until Pattaya’s mayor visited contractors late last month and put his foot down that the overhaul must be done or there would be hell to pay.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-11-10

24 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

Rushed electricity and water  projects   ?  sorry does not sound  promising     please visitors

take care around that area

I've heard they're handing out rubber willies wellys at the gate. That'll protect all the sober visitors.

5 hours ago, Borzandy said:

But nobody talks about the unfinished and abandoned 20 floors building that dominates this ridiculous project. If you go there you only see it.

Make that 50+ stories.  I was hoping the fleet show would get the powers that be to finally make a decision to either finish it or remove it.

Drove by tonight with my daughter, stopped and walked to the fountain. She asked me "Where's the park and playground at?" Got to love a 5-year-old's perspective. 

What was the price tag on this project again...43 million USD...

On a positive note, the traffic flowed much smoother with 15 police patrolling the area, keeping the buses from double parking.

On 11/10/2017 at 3:19 PM, Destiny1990 said:

Nice congrete park.

Actually, its almost all asphalt with a layer of paint, 1000 Chinese tourists at any given moment, about 30 trees, 15 benches, 100 buses, fountain, and a toilet on wheels. Chinese tourist bus roundabout with a passenger drop off/pick up point painted blue for effect.

3 hours ago, Proud Father said:

Actually, its almost all asphalt with a layer of paint, 1000 Chinese tourists at any given moment, about 30 trees, 15 benches, 100 buses, fountain, and a toilet on wheels. Chinese tourist bus roundabout with a passenger drop off/pick up point painted blue for effect.

Its a pitty they not painted it green so atleast the color would be right now its all wrong.