Quiet island for five young girls.

FarmerJoe

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is worth a read.  Lots of choices.  As mentioned above, some are VERY quiet.  The more remote islands are also becoming quite expensive.

Try Koh Lanta.  Or, stay on the mainland and try Khao Lak.  Koh Mak or Koh Kut are also quite nice.  But not cheap.

http://tezza-thailandbeachesandislands.blogspot.com/

Edited by craigt3365

My recommendation goes to Koh Kho Khao Island, Takua Pa district, Phang Nga province.

Ask your girls to read this report, all the info they need is there:

https://www.gt-rider.com/se-asia-motorcycling/threads/koh-kho-khao-paradise-island-in-phang-nga-province.12950/

p2020019-jpg.90448

dsc_6936-jpg.91726

Edited by BMW Overlander

6 minutes ago, BMW Overlander said:

None of the above.

There is nothing like Koh Kho Khao Island, Takua Pa district, Phang Nga province.

Ask your girls to read this report, all the info they need is there:

https://www.gt-rider.com/se-asia-motorcycling/threads/koh-kho-khao-paradise-island-in-phang-nga-province.12950/

It's OK, but I wouldn't rank it above the best islands here, nor some of the better beaches.  It is quiet!  Here's a good review. 

https://www.travelfish.org/location/thailand/southern_thailand/phang_nga/ko_kho_khao

4 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Phangna would be my choice, consider Raillay, whilst technically not an island it has all the attributes of an island and is only accessible by boat.

With respect, we didn't like Railay at all.  The beach disappears at high tide, the other side is a mangrove swamp.  And that's where all the backpackers hang out.  Kinda strange place.  Quite a bit of nightlife also...

55 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Phangna would be my choice, consider Raillay, whilst technically not an island it has all the attributes of an island and is only accessible by boat.

Railay is beautiful but is not in Phang Nga province, but in Krabi. Accessible by long tail boat from Ao Nang and from Ao Nam Mao.

Koh Phayam out of Ranong. Beautiful island, no cars - just motorbikes. A few bars and restaurants - so its possible to have a good meal and a beer or two if possible. Most resorts along the beaches also serves food/drinks but all are very low-scale. No masstourism at all. If you cant get relaxed there - you never will...

1 hour ago, quandow said:

OK, I'll say it - Anywhere BUT Koh Tao.

I don't like to say it, anywhere but Thailand. Unfortunately it has become a very dangerous place, especially for 5 young girls. Just going for dinner last night incurred problems with a parking attendant and M/C taxi. These could easily have escalated due to their arrogance and rudeness but I know better to just keep quite.

i think it would be good to know how far they are prepared to travel, where will they be starting the journey from, (upon first arrival in Thailand, or are they heading somewhere else first) is it their first time in Thailand, their ages, do they snorkel, or do they just want to lie on a beech all day. a lot of travelling could be involved if for example they land at CNX and the recommendations, like some have posted are for deep south locations.

I think recommendations without knowing a little of the girls travel experiences or requirements, are just posters personal choices that they enjoy.

1 hour ago, aonangkrabi said:

Railay is beautiful but is not in Phang Nga province, but in Krabi. Accessible by long tail boat from Ao Nang and from Ao Nam Mao.

And from Krabi beach with a proper sized boat.

Unfortunately, Railay has really gone downhill over the last 10 years.  It's very busy.  Lots of new, downmarket shops/restaurants.  Rock climbers everywhere making a nuisance of themselves.  OK if you stay at Rayavadee away from the hordes, but otherwise, personally I'd give it a miss.

I liked Koh Kradan, fairly expensive as there are only 5 resorts on the island but stunning white beaches and clear blue waters. Flights to Trang are cheap too. 

Koh Lanta is nice too, beaches aren't the stunning white sands and clear blue waters but it's still fairly quiet but as a big island a bit more to explore. 

2 hours ago, Mangkhut said:

Koh Phayam out of Ranong. Beautiful island, no cars - just motorbikes. A few bars and restaurants - so its possible to have a good meal and a beer or two if possible. Most resorts along the beaches also serves food/drinks but all are very low-scale. No masstourism at all. If you cant get relaxed there - you never will...

Agreed, tell them to check out Sabai Sabai Resort

14 hours ago, Jip99 said:

I quite like Koh Chang ...... enough to do without being manically busy.

White Beach is a favourite.

Sounds like a good option, without being too remote. Also remember to check usual weather conditions on the chosen island compared to travel period.

15 hours ago, FarmerJoe said:

They're not into full moon parties or clubs.

And by the way, the Full Moon Party island also have beautiful remote, and very quiet Bounty-island-style-coconut-palm-beaches far away from any party zone, for example take a look at Thong Nai Pan Yai and Thong Nai Pan Lek...:smile:

Try Kamala beach Phuket.

It is a relatively quiet family oriented place, with one of the best beaches on the island, and only 15 minute taxi to busy Patong should they feel the need for a day of shopping.

Easily accessible with local and international flights.

No party scene, but lots of local and international restaurants, with a bunch of them right on the beach boardwalk.

A full range of hotel accommodations  to chose from.

Lots of activities available in addition to the beaches.

Just like to add- people have a bit of misconception of Koh Phanghan.

It's a big island- so away from party zone it's actually really nice with lots to do. Most of the backpacked haad rin crowd never leave- so there's tonnes of unspoiled beaches.