Former intelligence officials say Trump is being manipulated by Putin

webfact

23 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

An average person of average intelligence would know that a presidents decision are made by his competent staff, and the president just announces them.

Sometimes, perhaps.  But the prez is supposed to have a mind of his own, and hopefully a modicum of wisdom.

You'll notice, every time it's shown that Trump made a stupid/harmful decision, he blames it on others.  He did it with the Comey firing.  Months later (present time), he's even blaming it on Kushner.

In the past 2 days, Trump made two statements (one each day) about Putin's involvement with the '16 election.  The statements contradict each other, while the second statement tries to walk back the prior day's statement (because his aides told him the 1st day's statement was stupid, and dissed all US intel agencies). 

Side note:  Trump's professor at College stated that Trump was probably the dumbest student he had ever had.  

Edited by boomerangutang

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, punchjudy said:

There are a lot of people in the USA with a big vested interest in keeping the cold war mentality.......they need bogeymen in order to justify their bloated employment departments.

Want to explain Trump's massive increase in military spending including a desire to make the US nuclear weapons program the biggest in the world? I'm sure the Military Complex is giddy over that. Not to mention increasing stationing of US armed forces and increased arms sales throughout the world.

There is a boogeyman and it's called "Donald Trump."

Edited by Srikcir
add arms

All these mentions of money, got sparked when I mentioned 'Trump worships money.'

He does.  And there's a difference between liking money or seeking to get rich, and 'worshiping money.'   People, like Trump, who worship money, will do/say anything/everything to get as much as possible.  They will try to exude 'richess' in everything about them.  Look at Trump's residences, for example, ....like Liberace, they have sequins and gold everywhere.  Trump also shouts from the pulpit, "I'm very rich!"   I don't care.    What's important, to me and the American people, is to what extent Trump worships money, and how that affects his decisions.

He worships money to such a degree, that the following happens.....

>>>>  he can be easily blackmailed by Russkies and others.  

>>>>  he admires and follows direction of people because they're very rich, even when those directions are harmful for the US.

>>>>  he doesn't give credence to people who aren't rich, even tho that advice could be the best/smartest for a given scenario.

2 hours ago, Rancid said:

If you can't trust the NSA, that spies on the American people, and the CIA, with a long history of overthrowing governments, assassinations and lying, then who can you trust?

I don't know, but certainly not the corrupt oligarchs on Trump's team("the best people"), and certainly not Vladimir Putin.

12 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Want to explain Trump's massive increase in military spending including a desire to make the US nuclear weapons program the biggest in the world? I'm sure the Military Complex is giddy over that. Not to mention increasing stationing of US armed forces and increased arms sales throughout the world.

There is a boogeyman and it's called "Donald Trump."

Conspiracy theories ?

Answering on behalf of craigt3365?

4 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Ok, but Czeckoslovakia was part of USSR East Bloc. Ivanna grew up within the USSR sphere, and left at age 24.

You claimed she was Russian. She's not.

Are you trying to equate all the former Warsaw pact countries as the same as Russian?

They all have different languages, cultures and customs. Try calling a Pole a Russian, then duck very quickly.

Why don't you just admit you were mistaken? You could have said Eastern European and that would have been accurate.

Edited by KarenBravo

1 hour ago, CGW said:

Wait for it! the Soros fanboys will be out in force soon..............

Soros fanboys? What the hell does George Soros have to do with anything? Really, you're grasping at straws. You don't need to agree or even have to know who George Soros is to see that Trump is a complete idiot.

2 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Trump worships money.  The more money a person has (regardless of how it's amassed) the more Trump adulates that person.  Putin is the richest man in Russia.  He's probably in the top ten ww. 

Just as important, Trump has a loving hard-on for Russia.  His first wife and mother of most of his kids is Russian.  He was bailed out of bankruptcy several times by tens of millions of dollars from Russians.  Trump has laundered over a billion $$'s of Russian oligarch money via Trump real estate.  There's no mystery, why Trump licks Putin's shoes.

on a side note:  Where was Trump's first foreign visit as prez?  Saudi Arabia.  Who did he meet with there?  Only the richest of the rich, and the top mafia royal boss there put a gold necklace around Trump's neck, for which Trump bowed and curtsied.   Money worship personified.

Putin and Trump are liars; I'll believe men in this video always.

45 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

You claimed she was Russian. She's not.

Are you trying to equate all the former Warsaw pact countries as the same as Russian?

They all have different languages, cultures and customs. Try calling a Pole a Russian, then duck very quickly.

Why don't you just admit you were mistaken? You could have said Eastern European and that would have been accurate.

I admitted my mistake.  I went on to qualify it by saying she grew up in the East Bloc, which at that time was highly influenced by USSR.   Lighten up Karen.  Trump's 3rd wife also was born and grew up in a region which was highly influenced by the USSR.  It's no coincidence that both speak Russian fluently. 

How ridiculous can Trump get.  Does he really think Putin is going to say- I did meddle and  now you are President.  At some point as President he has to believe all  of America's intelligence agencies and there are several and they all came to the same conclusion.

The reason Trump refuses to accept it is that if he does- it places his legitimacy as President at risk.  Trump did not win the popular vote and he narrowly won the rust belt states which put him over the top in electoral votes.  If Russia was able to manipulate the voting totals or even manipulate the media or provide 'fake news' regarding Clinton- this could affect the election results and Trump may not be President. His narcissistic personality cannot accept defeat and he believes the reason he didn't win the popular vote is because illegals in the millions were allowed to vote and that Obama bugged his phones. Utter nonsense!

At this juncture- I do believe he is being played by Putin and possibly Xi in  China. Trump lives on adulation and even Putin has stated that Trump is getting a raw deal by Americans and the media. What's interesting to me is that his speech in Danang at the APEC meet made a lot of sense and he kept on script. While I did not like the way he delivered the speech or his body language- he made good points about reciprocity in trade and fairness. However, when left alone- he goes off script and his own miserable personality emerges.

Trump is dangerous because of his personality defects and needs to be controlled by people like Mattis, Kelly and Mcmaster who clearly do not like the way Trump operates or who he listens to. I also believe Trump is being played by people like Bannon and his alt right agenda and that Trump is in contact with these people on a daily basis.

In addition, Trump has increased the defense budget by $70 Billion from the prior $630 Billion already the highest in the World and his bellicose rhetoric is causing potential flareups around the World.  In order to pay for all of this America still has no universal healthcare while its citizens go broke  or die and the so called tax bill which Trump considers wonderful will make the wealthy even richer and give some middle class citizens a $1000 a year tax break which amounts to an extra $2.75 per day or a whole 90 Baht. I  tremble with anticipation.

Trump and his minions are more than willing to finance their military misadventures;  massive deportation of hard working aliens; and a useless border wall off the backs of the poor and middle class while his wealthy elite friends order another bottle of Dom Perignon champagne. Good Lord, can it get any worse.

31 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

so, just a few point above Forest Gump :whistling:

Are you referring to Forrest Gump the fictional movie character?

One of the persistent characteristics of hardcore Trump supporters seems to be a willing substitution of fiction over reality no matter the evidence. I find that neither John Brennan nor James Clapper has such a fictionally-based personality.

However, there is POTUS Trump who "knows words and has the best words" and likens his experience at the New York Military Academy to active military service - that's a comparable Forrest Trump by your measure.

3 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

I admitted my mistake.  I went on to qualify it by saying she grew up in the East Bloc, which at that time was highly influenced by USSR.   Lighten up Karen.  Trump's 3rd wife also was born and grew up in a region which was highly influenced by the USSR.  It's no coincidence that both speak Russian fluently. 

Just tossing this in there - she was born in Slovenia. Bordered by Italy, Austria, Hungary and Croatia. She speaks English, French, Italian, and German, in addition to Serbo-Croatian and her native Slovene.

Humble pie and crow will be served in the outer hall shortly.

6 hours ago, CRUNCHER said:

Is this the same intelligence agencies that said Saddam Hussein was developing nuclear weapons and had chemical and biological weapons. Do you trust anything they say?

Those reports were developed by Haliberton and Dick Cheney. 

Gold rush.

16 minutes ago, Foozool said:

Those reports were developed by Haliberton and Dick Cheney. 

Gold rush.

Whatever.  They were guilty of putting intelligence into the public domain that proved to be wrong at the time.   Whether lies or incompetence is not relevant. They can't be trusted.

Perhaps the current intelligence was developed by the Clintons. Can't say it is not possible.

3 hours ago, Thaidream said:

At this juncture- I do believe he is being played by Putin and possibly Xi in  China

So do I.  Trump is way out of his depth with these boys and they are undoubtedly playing him.  Truly frightening that an American President can be so gullible. 

7 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

He did one thing right: he got born into an immensely wealthy family.

he used millions and parlayed them onto billions. there's no lack of wealthy children and or inheritors that squander fortunes.

21 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

So do I.  Trump is way out of his depth with these boys and they are undoubtedly playing him.  Truly frightening that an American President can be so gullible. 

truly frightening is how a % has been led to take what they see on mainstream media as if it were gospel. pol pot knew what he had to with the educated % of society.

Edited by atyclb