Fiber One - anyone use?

samtam

Our condo is looking at signing up with Fiber One, a provider of fibre optic cables for all ISPs in Thailand. They seem impressive from their blurb, but as they are a new company, there is not much to make that judgement call. Does anyone have any experience of using them?

Are there any other competitor companies in Thailand that pool ISP services into a fibre optic cable from the street to a condo?

I don't have any experience with them but your post fired-up my curiosity...went to their website and spent about 10 minutes on it.  Look at the majority of condos they support as to what ISPs are used.  I only saw three ISPs used by FiberOne which were AIS, TOT, and Planetcomm at the different condos.  And usually only 2 of the 3 aforementioned ISPs were used at any particular condo...sometimes only 1.  So, FiberOne does not provide fiber optics service from "all" ISPs in Thailand.

Sounds like FiberOne is basically a reseller of internet service and will outfit a condo to be fiber optics capable "all the way to your condo on the X-floor" where normally an ISP will not install fiber runs all the way to your condo on the X-floor; instead the ISP will only provide fiber-to-the-building and then the run up to your condo on the X-floor is via VDSL (copper/phone line already installed in the building) where the max speed available will probably be around 75Mb since that's a safe maximum for VDSL.

And you never know, FiberOne might not provide a fiber run all the way to your condo on the X-floor.  Instead they may just use the xDSL lines already in the building and FiberOne is instead just installing the fiber optics termination cabinet in the building (which ain't cheap) so they can become the reseller of internet service with exclusive rights to that building.

Thanks Pib. I have not been involved in the discussions with them, but AFAIK they will run a fibre optic cable from the road to the condo, and up to each floor and each of the 4 units on the 37 floors.

Are you aware of any other company that does such a thing? They appear to be the only one, but I imagine that their sort of service will be in demand as Bangkok switches from ADSL to fibre. That said, there must surely be many new buildings/buildings under construction that have fibre optic lines installed, and I wonder who did that for them. If anyone has information, that would be helpful.

download.jpg

download.jpg

Fiberone installs fiber optics cables but they will install in building as full project for all apartments and will not install for one apartment and they have contracts with several ISP such as AIS, True and TOT so they will manage the fiber network in building but you contact ISP for service directly and they will get some percentage of ISP charges ..so Fiberone doesn't offer internet service but only manage the fiber network and the quality depends on ISP

@carthaivisa thanks. I think I learned as much yesterday, in that the quality of the ISP service is reliant on the ISP. If in my case for True, their fibre optic service in Sathorn is compromised, it isn't going to make a blind bit of difference what fibre cable optic we have set up under the aupices of Fiber One within our building. However, it's difficult to determine whether True, (or other ISPs can provide a genuinely 100% fibre optic experience.) Does anyone have this service in Sathorn, or in Bangkok, and what is their verdict?

16 minutes ago, carthaivisa said:

Fiberone installs fiber optics cables but they will install in building as full project for all apartments and will not install for one apartment and they have contracts with several ISP such as AIS, True and TOT so they will manage the fiber network in building but you contact ISP for service directly and they will get some percentage of ISP charges ..so Fiberone doesn't offer internet service but only manage the fiber network and the quality depends on ISP

Looking at the 21 buildings Fiberone now provides internet service at they only show TOT, AIS, or Plantcomm as available ISPs to choose from.  And at each building only one or two ISPs is available to that building....sometimes only one....none of the buildings listed had all three aforementioned ISPs being available.

Yes..Pib..you are right about this..BTW, Fiberone was going to install in my building but the building management refused this project despite all my efforts to get Fiberone to the building as this is only option to have fiber optics in an old condominium ...Fiberone has TOT or/and AIS in most buildings and they informed me previously that True was in their future plan list.. 

Archived