So whats wrong with your home country

Once Bitten

1 minute ago, talahtnut said:

Its something about the UK women,  I'm never sure whether I should treat them as men or women. The Upset Enigma.

And what would the difference in treatment be?

Would it not be a lot more simple to treat everybody as people?

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, oldhippy said:

And what would the difference in treatment be?

Would it not be a lot more simple to treat everybody as people?

I agree entirely.  But some women like to be treated as special, and others get all titsy near men. there have been several 'waves' of feminism that hasn't been helpful.     It would be nice if they all had your social logic. 

But I don't think they have..

UK. Over regulated joyless sh##hole full of depressed politically correct morons and  creeping sharia law. Stupid laws from hate crime to drug laws. expensive. no nightlife. no available women.elf and safety insanity. yuman rites. lazy millennial slobs. Anti white male hate...Ageism. ...  crap pubs, expensive clubs. And whole areas ethnically cleansed of white working classes leaving Is!@#mic ghettoes spreading poison. England is lost.Full of bullies, jobsworths and touts. police and government and media corrupt to the core but in denial. I remember when The UK was a great place to live. It's been destroyed by Diversity, The EU, multiculturalism and immigration. Bad education by cultural marxist teachers..And fear. Most people are too scared to walk around after dark.  

Edited by The manic

24 minutes ago, The manic said:

UK. Over regulated joyless sh##hole full of depressed politically correct morons and  creeping sharia law. Stupid laws from hate crime to drug laws. expensive. no nightlife. no available women.elf and safety insanity. yuman rites. lazy millennial slobs. Anti white male hate...Ageism. ...  crap pubs, expensive clubs. And whole areas ethnically cleansed of white working classes leaving Is!@#mic ghettoes spreading poison. England is lost.Full of bullies, jobsworths and touts. police and government and media corrupt to the core but in denial. I remember when The UK was a great place to live. It's been destroyed by Diversity, The EU, multiculturalism and immigration. Bad education by cultural marxist teachers..And fear. Most people are too scared to walk around after dark.  

As a European I am so glad that we got rid of that fecked up hell hole that you so eloquently describe!  And as true gentlemen, we let you people think that you people wanted brexit 555 - if there ever had been a vote in Europe, even without having read the above, I am sure the brexit majority to give you people the boot would have been 90% - 10%.

:sorry:

37 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

As a European I am so glad that we got rid of that fecked up hell hole that you so eloquently describe!  And as true gentlemen, we let you people think that you people wanted brexit 555 - if there ever had been a vote in Europe, even without having read the above, I am sure the brexit majority to give you people the boot would have been 90% - 10%.

So why all the fuss about us leaving then? Why not just let us go, with a mutually beneficial trade agreement?

I do appreciate you finally expressing your true feelings though :thumbsup:

Just now, CG1 Blue said:

So why all the fuss about us leaving then? Why not just let us go, with a mutually beneficial trade agreement?

I do appreciate you finally expressing your true feelings though :thumbsup:

I am not in a position to distribute trade agreements. Sorry for that.

In the brexit discussion I express my own ideas, not what may be, or not, the ideas of others, including top EU politicians and bureaucrats. I am my own man, I own a brain.

I am glad that the UK leaves the EU, because they were a hindrance to the EU becoming one country, just like the US or Russia.

And just to avoid misunderstandings, while I am in favour of 1 tax system, 1 trade system, 1 currency, 1 social security system, 1 legal system, I also love cultural differences, such as food ( I love your national dish, curry - a vast improvement on the previous one, sweet spagetti on toast), music, humour, etc.

Why do you take everything in this discussion so personal? You are not really a Monty Python fan, are you?

You prefer  Benny Hill I guess?

9 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

I am not in a position to distribute trade agreements. Sorry for that.

In the brexit discussion I express my own ideas, not what may be, or not, the ideas of others, including top EU politicians and bureaucrats. I am my own man, I own a brain.

I am glad that the UK leaves the EU, because they were a hindrance to the EU becoming one country, just like the US or Russia.

And just to avoid misunderstandings, while I am in favour of 1 tax system, 1 trade system, 1 currency, 1 social security system, 1 legal system, I also love cultural differences, such as food ( I love your national dish, curry - a vast improvement on the previous one, sweet spagetti on toast), music, humour, etc.

Why do you take everything in this discussion so personal? You are not really a Monty Python fan, are you?

You prefer  Benny Hill I guess?

I guess some Belgians might have an inferiority complex about big countries like the US and Russia, and want to make a big gang to compete with them.  But the UK is quite capable of competing and surviving alone.

I think your one country dream is splitting at the seams with all the turmoil in Germany, Spain, Italy, Austria, Greece, Hungary etc., plus the UK's funding coming to an end...but good luck anyway.

1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

I guess some Belgians might have an inferiority complex about big countries like the US and Russia, and want to make a big gang to compete with them.  But the UK is quite capable of competing and surviving alone.

I think your one country dream is splitting at the seams with all the turmoil in Germany, Spain, Italy, Austria, Greece, Hungary etc., plus the UK's funding coming to an end...but good luck anyway.

I am not a Belgian. I was born there. That's all.

Ceci n'est pas un belge.

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

So you choose not to identify as a Belgian, but you would like to identify as a European in a united states of Europe?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Exactly!

(Actually, I would prefer to identify as an Earthling in the United States of Earth, but that might be a little over optimistic as yet).

34 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Exactly!

(Actually, I would prefer to identify as an Earthling in the United States of Earth, but that might be a little over optimistic as yet).

Ah, OH, I think you are being a bit more than overoptimistic with that idea.

History is something successive generations do not learn from.

All the great empires have fallen. The last serious attempts in Europe by Russia, Germany and France ultimately failed, for good reason.

The EU is little different in its pursuit of domination over Europe. They work in a way not too far removed from Germany from 1935 to 1939 when it forcibly took Poland; followed by Belgium, Holland and France, but not the big island off the coast.

The big carrot on a stick by the EU to gain the Ukraine's oil (and finally get revenue from someone other than the Brits and Germans) was enough to get the Russian Bear to invade in 2014 to secure their position.

I have a polite question: what passport do you hold?

I ask as the thread is "why you left your home country?"

Cheers G.

:wai:

5 hours ago, oldhippy said:

So, what is the problem?

If the vote by the other 27 EU member "states" (not countries) would have been 9 to 1 for the UK to leave, Brexit should be a doddle!

Thanks, stay friends and keep the trade going..?

:cheesy:

(see my last post #469)

11 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Ah, OH, I think you are being a bit more than overoptimistic with that idea.

History is something successive generations do not learn from.

All the great empires have fallen. The last serious attempts in Europe by Russia, Germany and France ultimately failed, for good reason.

The EU is little different in its pursuit of domination over Europe. They work in a way not too far removed from Germany from 1935 to 1939 when it forcibly took Poland; followed by Belgium, Holland and France, but not the big island off the coast.

The big carrot on a stick by the EU to gain the Ukraine's oil (and finally get revenue from someone other than the Brits and Germans) was enough to get the Russian Bear to invade in 2014 to secure their position.

I have a polite question: what passport do you hold?

I ask as the thread is "why you left your home country?"

Cheers G.

:wai:

Aha my passport...... I just checked.

The cover says in 4 languages (Flemish, French, German and English):

European Union - Kingdom of Belgium and all 8 in equal sized characters.

And I did not "leave" my home country (= Europe).

6 months Thailand - Chanthaburi

for the weather in the Thai winter

for our beautiful 3 rai garden

6 months Europe - mostly Madeira, Norway, Italy, a few days Belgium

for the weather in the European spring & summer

for the natural and cultural wonders of Europe

1 minute ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

So, what is the problem?

If the vote by the other 27 EU member "states" (not countries) would have been 9 to 1 for the UK to leave, Brexit should be a doddle!

Thanks, stay friends and keep the trade going..?

:cheesy:

(see my last post #469)

So you think that the European politicians and bureaucrats have the monopoly on incompetence, scheming and ego?

Also brexit is far more complicated than in or out. Some examples:

If the Polish are no longer welcome in the UK, what with the UK pensioners in Spain or Cyprus?

Is the UK going to be allowed to export to the EU without accepting the European product regulations, that were so often ridiculed by the brexiteers?

Will Europe have to prevent illegals from crossing the Channel?

Who will pay the lavish pension of Farage? (sorry, I couldn't resist)

2 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Kingdom of Belgium

Okay, I have friends in London with a similar view.

However you might be happy with that but there is an awful lot that are not.

Happy holiday tripping around Europe and winter in Thailand on a good pension isn't everyone's privilege.

My concern is not for myself, more for the coming generations that will see a growing discontent in the policies of the dictatorial EU.

You want a World Government with everyone equal.

That's just not human nature. Those that govern want to keep power, gain more power and more.

I do wish TV would not post unfinished posts until they are submitted...

About combining Thailand and Europe on a good pension.....

Yes I have a high pension as compared to UK citizens.

No I do not have a high pension as compared to Belgian citizens.

Maybe that is an issue that the British people should have taken up with their governments of the last 50 years.

PS. We have net 100.000 baht a month for 2 people to live off. In Belgium that is medium.

21 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

So you think that the European politicians and bureaucrats have the monopoly on incompetence, scheming and ego?

Also brexit is far more complicated than in or out. Some examples:

If the Polish are no longer welcome in the UK, what with the UK pensioners in Spain or Cyprus?

Is the UK going to be allowed to export to the EU without accepting the European product regulations, that were so often ridiculed by the brexiteers?

Will Europe have to prevent illegals from crossing the Channel?

Who will pay the lavish pension of Farage? (sorry, I couldn't resist)

Sorry OH, that's less than weak.

And 3 million EU subjects that live in the UK, the trade deficit where the EU sells the UK more than we sell them. The EU fail under their own laws with people trying to get to the UK as it is.

Trade standard laws and almost all EU laws is being encompassed in the bill now going through the UK parliament.

Pensions, they all get what they are entitled to, after 2019 the Brits should pay for there own, and only their own as a default. Paying up to the end of the current agreed budget in 2020 if fine, but the EU want much more.

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback

4 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

About combining Thailand and Europe on a good pension.....

Yes I have a high pension as compared to UK citizens.

No I do not have a high pension as compared to Belgian citizens.

Maybe that is an issue that the British people should have taken up with their governments of the last 50 years.

PS. We have net 100.000 baht a month for 2 people to live off. In Belgium that is medium.

Yes, so do I... and I have 5 years to wait for a state pension from the UK.

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback

23 hours ago, The manic said:

You've got the job!...UK tourist guide.

The answer to OP is as follows: 

The Muslims have taken over towns and stop non-Islamists walking on the mosque side of the street in London and Brum (it's easy just to cross the street to avoid confrontration). The ladies have put on a few pounds - or should it be kilos - lately, and they love to show the fleshy legs (well the girls in Essex do) when the sun come out. The 'friends of Israel' lobby is getting so strong it has monopolised sections of the media (as the US), and has infiltrated even the most seemingly benign UK organisations. The BBC, that bastion of fair and balanced reporting, refuses to tell the truth about the Royal Family and Israel particularly.

Drunks on the street in Kilburn. Teenagers knocking old people over by riding their bikes on the pavement. No go areas in Northern Cities and East London. Gun crime with teenages up, London overcrowded. Fundamental Christians, and Catholics moaning that there are not enough young people coming to their gatherings. Beer prices are through the roof; a pack of snout is a tenner; a train journey from London to Wales is getting on for 100 squids and the lotto is harder than ever to win.

But on the upside we have some good fishing and English footy is set to dominate Europe. And the Essex girls are letting their underarm hair grow longer and dying it also.

When's the next bus back!!??

15 hours ago, owl sees all said:

The answer to OP is as follows: 

The Muslims have taken over towns and stop non-Islamists walking on the mosque side of the street in London and Brum (it's easy just to cross the street to avoid confrontration). The ladies have put on a few pounds - or should it be kilos - lately, and they love to show the fleshy legs (well the girls in Essex do) when the sun come out. The 'friends of Israel' lobby is getting so strong it has monopolised sections of the media (as the US), and has infiltrated even the most seemingly benign UK organisations. The BBC, that bastion of fair and balanced reporting, refuses to tell the truth about the Royal Family and Israel particularly.

Drunks on the street in Kilburn. Teenagers knocking old people over by riding their bikes on the pavement. No go areas in Northern Cities and East London. Gun crime with teenages up, London overcrowded. Fundamental Christians, and Catholics moaning that there are not enough young people coming to their gatherings. Beer prices are through the roof; a pack of snout is a tenner; a train journey from London to Wales is getting on for 100 squids and the lotto is harder than ever to win.

But on the upside we have some good fishing and English footy is set to dominate Europe. And the Essex girls are letting their underarm hair grow longer and dying it also.

When's the next bus back!!??

When you get back, can I sign you up as another UK tourist guide...That's the second one today!

This is so so true, so true. We waste money getting our thai wives visas rejected for spiralis reasons, while east Europe gypsies walk in without a peep. It's a shame on UK gov.
Well your sister should get in fine then.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I love Python, thanks for that. However leaving the EU is essential for the future of the UK.

Nobody in the UK that voted Leave had any expectations that it would be easy.

I have studied the progress from the very start of the UK's reluctance to join in the 60s, the attempts to join and being refused, to the day we joined without a vote under Ted Heath and Wilson having a referendum.

Back then we thought we had joined a free trade agreement. I voted "stay".

Things have changed.

Supporting an expansionist, bureaucratic, hugely wasteful and semi democratic ideal of European domination isn't what we signed up for.

Only Germany and the UK are net contributors.

I expect the US, China, India etc will be very happy to make a trade deal making a bigger opportunity for export than the "Single Market" of the EU.

Don't forget, the EU are not happy (oh dear, where's the money going to come from) so will make leaving as difficult as possible. The German business leaders know they don't want tax on imports as they sell more to the UK than vice versa. (Check the latest on the political situation in Germany.)

Belgium can still sell us chocolates, but how many with 30% tax on top?

I have lots more to say, but I think you might have got my drift.

[emoji2] G

PS. Please don't confuse "peace in Europe" with the EU, it has been secured by Nato and the UN.

Peace in Ireland and UK was also achieved partly becauce of the EU backed good Friday agreement.Now they want to blow up that agreement by putting a border in.

Shocking ignorance of own country's backyard.

50 minutes ago, taipeir said:

Yeah it seems he's complaining that his sister can get in easily but his wife can't.

Didn't see him mention anything about his sister, seems you are imagining things.