Are you drinking more alcohol in Thailand ?

Pik

19 hours ago, VBF said:

As a newbie (well so your signature says), you may not know that the penalties for possession of weed in LOS are draconian!

There is no concept of "just a bit for personal use", so I rather suspect that Thaiguzzi is being sensibly cautious.

I think the best advice to anyone considering weed, hash, dope, whatever you call it, is think....think..... think again..........and then DON'T

Just marking yer card there mate! :smile:

Cheers mate

Thanks for your comments

Yes I am very aware of the laws regarding this subject and have no intention of touching it there

Looking at moving over in about 6 months

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 5:48 PM, MaeJoMTB said:

I'm a borderline alcoholic in Thailand, I usually start around 2pm (from 20-50 in the UK hardly a drink.)

I drink to forget ...................

The frozen class in the freezer is a good idea.

I am confused, could you please explain the 20-50 bit for me?

Many thanks

30 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I would hazard a guess and say he means 20 years old to 50 years old.

Ha Ha thanks for that, I just couldn't put it into any context.

Me Anfield, you?? Or have we done this before?

Much more than uk.

1 beer a night about midnight outside in garden on my own. Brings my day to a close. I was in 711 the other day say 4pm and the heat had me staring at the beer fridge. I nearly talked myself into a small Leo and a bit of fresh air by the water but sensibly grabbed a cold coffee instead.

A little bit more but that is because i do  more social drinking. But i do find GOOD alcoholic drinks harder to come by or more expensive. But overall still drink very little and never if driving. Mainly beer with a bit of lemonade, or wine. On my annual trips back to the UK i sometimes buy a nice liqueur to bring back. 

I think it makes a difference if one lives in LOS as an expat or as a 2-week tourist. I think most people drink more on holidays.
I have an arrangement with the staff of my favorite watering-holes: After a heavy session, they take me back to the Hotel in a wheelbarrow while I whistle the yankee-doodle.
Ahhhh.....living life to it's fullest.
Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...