Police re-enact Health Ministry car accident

webfact

Police re-enact Health Ministry car accident

By The Nation

f09c1647bf4d5edfc19147138e60401b.jpeg

Police on Wednesday planned to conduct a simulation of the incident in which Public Health Ministry senior official Dr Yorn Chiranakhon’s car hit a security guard in the ministry compound in Nonthaburi’s Muang district last Friday, said acting national police deputy chief Pol General Weerachai Songmetta.

Yorn and ministerial officials have suggested the lighting was poor at the scene, but Weerachai said an initial inspection on Tuesday at the same time of night found the area was well lit.

Weerachai said the second inspection would use Yorn’s car and be based on interviews with automobile experts, as well as include analysis of data recorded by the vehicle regarding whether hitting a person would be felt by the driver.

Weerachai also said Yorn had been within his rights to refuse a breathalyser test but such a refusal could lead to police assuming that he had been drunk driving, which a trial judge could take into consideration.

The second inspection was deemed necessary because the first simulation did not use Yorn’s car.

Meanwhile, the security guard, Somchai Yamdee, 22, who was seriously injured in the crash, remains in stable condition after being treated at Phra Nang Klao Hospital’s intensive care unit.

On Tuesday, Yorn surrendered to police over charges linked to the crash including reckless driving causing serious injury, driving while being intoxicated and attempted murder.

An unnamed eyewitness told police that he was following Yorn’s car and saw the gate was closed, but the car crashed into the gate, knocking the guard to the ground.

The car stood still for 20 seconds before moving forward to run over the guard and dragged him along for nearly 30 metres, the witness said, adding that he flashed his lights to alert the other driver of a problem.

He also used a mobile phone to record what happened, which he submitted to police.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30331665

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-15

If the driver was not a Doctor,they would not be doing a recreation like this,

he was pissed,the guard had a high Viz jacket on,who would not know they

had run over someone.they are looking for excuses to protect the Doctor.

which is wrong,very wrong.

regards worgeordie

why do they do this Simulation. the security cameras and the guys mobile video

should be enough evidence. this doctor should have his licence revoked and be made 

to pay for his wrong doings.Good to hear the guard is stable.

15 minutes ago, oldgent said:

why do they do this Simulation. the security cameras and the guys mobile video

should be enough evidence. this doctor should have his licence revoked and be made 

to pay for his wrong doings.Good to hear the guard is stable.

I think he should keep his license and do a few hundred hours of community service,providing healthcare for poor people.

Putting someone who has a lot of knowledge for years in jail is not helping anyone.

21 minutes ago, jvs said:

I think he should keep his license and do a few hundred hours of community service,providing healthcare for poor people.

Putting someone who has a lot of knowledge for years in jail is not helping anyone.

i disagree about keeping his license, but take your point about community service

he can always walk or go by bicycle

They seem to be throwing more charges at him which gives the appearance that they're going to nail him. Call me a cynic, but I feel this is a ruse to calm the public down initially until they quickly forget. Then they can get to the real business of 'helping' this charlatan out. Not for free of course. It's a business. 

I hope I'm completely wrong. 

as well as include analysis of data recorded by the vehicle regarding whether hitting a person would be felt by the driver.

It does not need analysis of anything to know whether hitting a person would be felt by the driver. Is a reconstruction really necessary when the video evidence appears to be conclusive?

"Weerachai said the second inspection would use Yorn’s car and be based on interviews with automobile experts, as well as include analysis of data recorded by the vehicle regarding whether hitting a person would be felt by the driver.

Weerachai also said Yorn had been within his rights to refuse a breathalyser test but such a refusal could lead to police assuming that he had been drunk driving, which a trial judge could take into consideration.

The second inspection was deemed necessary because the first simulation did not use Yorn’s car."

What utter bullshit!  Biggest load of crap that I've read in a long time!

He's just another idiot Thai driver who thinks he's above the law.  Doctor or no doctor, just bang him up where he belongs!

21 hours ago, jvs said:

He is a doctor who's job is to save lives. He just tried to kill someone. I think he should be locked up for many a long year.  And even worse he was drunk. 

You should be in the police force or government here. They all think like you. If you got 20 years for this sort of thing it wouldn't happen so much. But let 'em get away with it as per your thinking. Who cares.

3 people killed in a bus crash, 14 kids injured in a van crash, 20,000 people killed on the road yearly. Whats the point of putting anyone in jail. I'm sure they are all very nice people who cause these accidents when sober and not stoned, so let them all get away with it.

Clueless doesn't begin to describe some people,

14 minutes ago, berybert said:

I know I am. Maybe if he stays out of jail he can run your wife and kids over after a heavy session. Another 200 hours community service should be enough to satisfy you I guess.

You have your views,i have mine.No need to guess what satisfies me.

Why the hate?Just because you think i am clueless?That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.Have a nice day and be careful on the road.

2 minutes ago, jvs said:

You have your views,i have mine.No need to guess what satisfies me.

Why the hate?Just because you think i am clueless?That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.Have a nice day and be careful on the road.

Need to be careful out on the roads. When you have people who have no problem with drunk murderous bastards driving around. 

There's no hate from me. Just common sense.

8 minutes ago, berybert said:

Need to be careful out on the roads. When you have people who have no problem with drunk murderous bastards driving around. 

There's no hate from me. Just common sense.

Please tell me who the people are who have no problem with drunk drivers.

Just now, jvs said:

Please tell me who the people are who have no problem with drunk drivers.

You for one. He was drunk. Tried to kill someone. You have no problem with either of those things.

Just give him 200 hours community service and forget about it. 

"But it doesn't say he was drunk" " It just says he was allowed to refuse a breath test" 

Probably something else you have no problem with. 

Move on. 

1 hour ago, berybert said:

You for one. He was drunk. Tried to kill someone. You have no problem with either of those things.

Just give him 200 hours community service and forget about it. 

"But it doesn't say he was drunk" " It just says he was allowed to refuse a breath test" 

Probably something else you have no problem with. 

Move on. 

Please show me where i stated i have no problem with drunk drivers.You assume a lot.I do have a problem with drunk drivers and i hope he will have to pay for his wrongdoing.

I do not think however that the best punishment for him would be to

go to jail for a long time.I happen to think his dept can be paid in part with serving the community.

I am perfectly willing to discuss this with you in a civil manner but lets just agree to disagree.

On 11/15/2017 at 5:55 PM, jvs said:

Did the keyboard type this without any input from you.

point 1 = lots of taxi's and point 2 = I'm speechless.

On 11/15/2017 at 5:55 PM, jvs said:

way off base; too many groups here think they are above the law ; rule of law indicates that No One is above the law and here you are suggesting that we add yet another group to that misguided group of groups

2 hours ago, jvs said:

Please show me where i stated i have no problem with drunk drivers.You assume a lot.I do have a problem with drunk drivers and i hope he will have to pay for his wrongdoing.

I do not think however that the best punishment for him would be to

go to jail for a long time.I happen to think his dept can be paid in part with serving the community.

I am perfectly willing to discuss this with you in a civil manner but lets just agree to disagree.

He should absolutely be in a prison for a long time. He's a doctor who was on work premises. He was clearly drunk (we don't need to know this - he refused a sobriety test so it's moot).

I wouldn't want this man anywhere near me or any people who I care for in any capacity. Maybe he can examine prostates in prison. 

He could be the best doctor in the world. That shouldn't mean you get to avoid prison just because of your abilities. The precedent should be, 'we don't care who are you. Behave like this and you'll receive the same punishment as anyone else'. That will save far more lives than any single doctor can.