Arriving is Official

Just now, Just Weird said:

Well, I was asking that question of you but as you asked it back,  IOs speak enough English to do their job (have you come across any that don't?) and they would always tell an applicant what was required of them, obviously!  How else could they do their job?

Perfect. Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, BritTim said:

There is no need to worry as long as (unlike too many poor souls) you know when it is needed.

The lack of a re-entry permit is never going to cause anyone to be fined, or "called", as she refers to it, and that is what she wrongly thinks will cause a problem.

4 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I mostly agree. However, if not aware of the requirements for an extension, difficulties can arise. That is especially true for people from countries like India where you cannot simply hop across the border and get a new visa in a neighboring country. For instance, failing to have funds in the bank for long enough when applying for an extension can lead to major complications.

There is no need to worry as long as (unlike too many poor souls) you know when it is needed.

Re the underlined, does this mean one must have a bank account in Thailand and season funds before applying for an extension of visa. But what if the extension needs to be applied before the seasoning period has been achieved ( three months or something?). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

The lack of a re-entry permit is never going to cause anyone to be fined, or "called", as she refers to it, and that is what she wrongly thinks will cause a problem.

The Shiela I am doing this for will have no use for re-entry permits because she is Indian and for all her runs she will only get 7 days to leave the country. 

Edited by Aditi Sharma
edit

Just now, Aditi Sharma said:

The Shiela I am doing this will have no use for re-entry permits because she is Indian and for all her runs she will only get 7 days to leave the country. 

So why are you trying to suggest in your posts that she will have a problem in relation to it?

Out of curiosity, what is "a Shiela"?

5 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

So why are you trying to suggest in your posts that she will have a problem in relation to it?

Out of curiosity, what is "a Shiela"?

There will be a problem if she is not aware of the problem. Ignorance cant be an excuse.

Shiela is a name. She is an ignoramus like myself who is trying to suggest to folks like your good self that she wants to know things before she is called out or fined.

The TM30 etc seemed to her to have been a precursor to more baffling things to come until I said lets find out all about it over here.:signthaivisa:

Edited by Aditi Sharma
edit

Just now, Aditi Sharma said:

There will be a problem if she is not aware of the problem. Ignorance cant be an excuse.

Shiela is a name. She is an ignoramus like myself who is trying to suggest to folks like your good self that she wants to know things before she is called out or fined.

The TM30 etc seemed to her to have been a precursor to more baffling things to come until I said lets find out all over here.:signthaivisa:

There will be no problem with being fined (maybe you should explain what "called out" means) for not having a re-entry permit, it's an option.

The TM30 situation has already been explained to you but was never a precursor to more baffling things [sic].

8 hours ago, Aditi Sharma said:

Somebody who only knows that she needs a visa to arrive and who has not heard of this website is in for defaults 'for no fault of her own' when she arrives in Thailand on a non-tourist visa. 

There is no "non-tourist visa"

If you have any visa questions regarding your trip to Thailand, state your nationality the purpose of your trip and planned duration of your stay and you will receive much useful information here.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Aditi Sharma said:

Re the underlined, does this mean one must have a bank account in Thailand and season funds before applying for an extension of visa. But what if the extension needs to be applied before the seasoning period has been achieved ( three months or something?). 

Most of the time, a one-year extension of stay requires funds seasoned for 2 or 3 months. You may, if you are very lucky, find an immigration official willing to waive funds seasoning, but that is unusual. Proof that the funds came from overseas, and there is plenty more where it came from might help. Lack of seasoned funds does, not infrequently, cause problems. Sometimes, an alternative is being able to show a minimum income, with a stipulation to that effect by your embassy.

• Thanks 1