Best way to Phnom Penh from Thailand?

sbaker8688

Currently staying in Bangkok, Thailand.  A friend has invited me over to Phnom Penh.  I know I could fly, but honestly, I hate these asian airlines which drop out of the skies around here like flies.  The pilot training, airplane maintenance, etc. are just not up to western standards.  So my question is, is there a train option to Cambodia (and on to Phnom Penh)?  Or bus?  Or... [FILL-IN-THE-BLANK]?

Thanks.

There are also buses and vans to the Aran border.

The train schedule is infrequent

From Bangkok and heading to PP, any method other than flying is going to take a long time.

I'm just 2 hours from the Aranya/Poipet border and I still fly if going to Phnom Penh unless I need to bring my cat. When I do go overland it takes me 10-12 hours door to door and that is with private taxi from home to border and border to PP.

Currently staying in Bangkok, Thailand.  A friend has invited me over to Phnom Penh.  I know I could fly, but honestly, I hate these asian airlines which drop out of the skies around here like flies.  The pilot training, airplane maintenance, etc. are just not up to western standards.  So my question is, is there a train option to Cambodia (and on to Phnom Penh)?  Or bus?  Or... [FILL-IN-THE-BLANK]?

Thanks.
A plane is infinitely safer than in traffic. Air Asia has hundreds of planes in the sky at any given time and only every had one downed plane

• 3 weeks later...

You are FAR safer in the air. You obviously must know you're exaggerating to an absurd degree when you make a statement like "falling out of the skies like flies." Go ahead, name, say, 5 fatal accidents involving "these Asian airlines" which have "dropped like flies" within, say, the past two years. I'll wait.

Archived