Hands off our kids - joint PR campaign between FBI and Chonburi cops comes to Walking Street

rooster59

Hands off our kids - joint PR campaign between FBI and Chonburi cops comes to Walking Street

DSCN3610-1021x580.jpg

Image: Pattaya News

A joint campaign of the the US Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Thai police kicked off in Walking Street, South Pattaya, on Thursday.

It is designed to stop the sexual exploitation of children and further clean up the seedy image of Pattaya.

It coincides with the International Boat Show.

A banner was carried along the length of Pattaya's most famous street followed closely by deputy provincial chief of police Thitiwat Suriyachai. A man who looked like an FBI operative was in the entourage.

Tourists were approached though it was unclear as to what was said and whether any warnings were announced.

The Pattaya News story seemed to suggest that though it was a serious subject this was fundamentally a PR exercise as the boat show kicks off.

The campaign is being run by Chonburi police, Pattaya, cops, immigration, tourist police, the HIS office and the TICAC agency that deals with internet crime against children.

Source: Pattaya News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-11-18

1 hour ago, Colabamumbai said:

The more publicity about it is a good thing, like the way they do it or not.

Agreed!

However, why is it in so many cases brought to attention, there seem to be a foreign police force behind them?

41 minutes ago, BuaBS said:

The FBI should keep themselves to their own country ! Thailand is not a US state .

I think you miss that it's an opportunity for certain US law enforcement members to carry out an up close and personal investigation of the "seedy" side of LOS. 555555555555555.

I see that it's only about "sex" exploitation, which means that they don't have to deal with the economic exploitation of children that happens every night on Walking Street, right in front of the black uniformed crusaders for "justice" ( farang police volunteers ).

I find it ironical that the FBI were involved when just a couple of weeks ago there was an item on the BBC that stated 25 US statetes still allow child marriages. 

In fact the US should put its own house in order, on many levels, before telling other countries what to do. I 

anyone remember the back street brothels in udon thani and KK  around 4 years now they are all closed.   

word was that the cops run these establishments and the girls were all trafficked from lao.

i seen some myself and they did look pretty young

Edited by pumpjack

5 hours ago, BuaBS said:

The FBI should keep themselves to their own country ! Thailand is not a US state .

Yes indeed.... hence my surprise, many years ago, when I found myself sitting on a bench in Chiangrai, looking for the gold in the golden triangle, only to notice the sign on the bench proclaiming “ donated by DEA”

3 hours ago, BWPattaya said:

I find it ironical that the FBI were involved when just a couple of weeks ago there was an item on the BBC that stated 25 US statetes still allow child marriages. 

In fact the US should put its own house in order, on many levels, before telling other countries what to do. I 

There isn't any suggestion that the FBI are trying to tell anyone what to do. More a joint expression and showing working together.

That suggests the FBI believe there are American citizens exploiting under age children here for sexual gratification and sharing intelligence, if that's possible, with their Thai colleagues.

Maybe they should tackle the problem at source, take the kids out of the street... 

And instead of the FBI sending "good family men" on an all expenses junket and having to leave their wives at home, how about setting up a 3rd party web site where well intentioned people can report where it is happening and reports can be forwarded to the Thai authorities, including Government house if need be...

9 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I think the RTP should take their banner and campaign up to Mae Hong Son and a few other towns around Thailand. Perhaps it would help educate some of their brethren -- once they get released on bond from the trafficking/underage prostitution charges they're facing.

Walking Street is the last place where they are going to find underage sex activity.  It's simply too public.

The RTP and FBI should be focusing on matters like:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1011598-21-men-identified-in-girl%E2%80%99s-forced-prostitution-case/

and similar cases to:

Aunt caught selling sexual services of 15 year old niece while mother at work

http://pattayaone.news/en/sexual-services-15-year-old/

The RTP needs all the help they can get to undercover criminal activity, so I understand why the FBI is helping. Perhaps the FBI can educate and train RTP, after trying to do things the Thai way.

Edited by Banana7