Being Gay, if you were forced to leave Thailand, ....

Pawpcorn

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:
14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:
Personal insult not included.

What straight forums? There aren't any straight forums here.

# straight posts matter

The point is DUDE that there is no specific forum here of straight people, because straight people are the overwhelmingly majority of people here and all over the world. Excepting a few places like TEL AVIV. So there is no more need for a specific straight forum here any more than there is a need for "Straight Pride" parades. 

I mentioned TEL AVIV because I recently learned it was the gayest big city on the planet figured by percentage of the total population. 

The point is DUDE that there is no specific forum here of straight people, because straight people are the overwhelmingly majority of people here and all over the world. Excepting a few places like TEL AVIV. So there is no more need for a specific straight forum here any more than there is a need for "Straight Pride" parades. 

so it's win win for you. you get to play the gay card and called another poster a troll for replying in a gay forum. You sound old enough to come out from behind mommy's skirt to me.

toughen up dude

1 minute ago, InMyShadow said:

so it's win win for you. you get to play the gay card and called another poster a troll for replying in a gay forum. You sound old enough to come out from mommy's skirt to me.

toughen up dude

Stop lying. I did nothing of the kind. It was the content of his post and yes, I stand by that accusation. 

I'll ignore your moronic childish personal insult. 

Stop lying. I did nothing of the kind. It was the content of his post and yes, I stand by that accusation. 

I'll ignore your moronic childish personal insult. 
ok well then you just sit here for now wrapped in your protective bubble and sulk

see you back out in the real world where you are not treated like a troll

must be fun to be able to have an each way bet when it suits you

7 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

ok well then you just sit here for now wrapped in your protective bubble and sulk

see you back out in the real world where you are not treated like a troll

must be fun to be able to have an each way bet when it suits you

Are you done with your rant? Wow. You really have a lot of HOSTILITY about this stuff. Scary stuff. 

Obviously, the gentleman can return to his own country.  Perhaps the Philippines would be a low cost alternative. If he really is being discriminated against because of his sexual preference ( which I doubt ) he could apply as a refugee to Canada.  I would avoid most sub saharn countries in Africa or any Muslim country. Russia or Kazakhstan as the are not as embracing of homosexuality as western "enlightened" countries.

I believe the gentleman is limited to his choices not so much by his sexual preferences but by his lack of financial ability.  Usually in life choices have consequences. Perhaps the gentleman should have saved for his retirement on the other hand he may have felt that being a gay man he wouldn t live to retirement age.  I don t say this in jest, 30 years ago AIDS was a death sentence. 

54 minutes ago, greatwhitenorth said:

Obviously, the gentleman can return to his own country.  Perhaps the Philippines would be a low cost alternative. If he really is being discriminated against because of his sexual preference ( which I doubt ) he could apply as a refugee to Canada.  I would avoid most sub saharn countries in Africa or any Muslim country. Russia or Kazakhstan as the are not as embracing of homosexuality as western "enlightened" countries.

I believe the gentleman is limited to his choices not so much by his sexual preferences but by his lack of financial ability.  Usually in life choices have consequences. Perhaps the gentleman should have saved for his retirement on the other hand he may have felt that being a gay man he wouldn t live to retirement age.  I don t say this in jest, 30 years ago AIDS was a death sentence. 

You're right, the Philippines might be possible as far as their lower financial level retirement visas and similar living costs to Thailand.

I think you misread the OP. He didn't say the friend was kicked out for being gay. He had some story about 90 day reports. Most feel there is more to the story, but the focus here isn't visa issues but rather lower cost gay friendly alternatives if forced to leave (for whatever reason). 

I agree there is really a short list of nations in the world for expats to move to that are seeking doable visas, lower costs, and gay OK. I had mentioned Nicaragua and Ecuador before. Neither are really particularly gay friendly, especially Nicaragua. Costa Rica more so but higher cost than the other two. I didn't mention Mexico because contrary to popular belief, their visa financial requirements are quite high (compared to Thailand, not to Australia). 

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You're right, the Philippines might be possible as far as their lower financial level retirement visas and similar living costs to Thailand.

I think you misread the OP. He didn't say he was kicked out for being gay. He had some story about 90 day reports. Most feel there is more to the story, but the focus here isn't visa issues but rather lower cost gay friendly alternatives if forced to leave (for whatever reason). 

I agree there is really a short list of nations in the world for expats to move to that are seeking doable visas, lower costs, and gay OK. I had mentioned Nicaragua and Ecuador before. Neither are really particularly gay friendly, especially Nicaragua. Costa Rica more so but higher cost than the other two. 

Yes, you are quite right.  The portions of the op about the gentleman being expelled from Thailand for no valid reason were to elicit sympathy.  There are few countries that are both relatively cheap and gay friendly.  Acceptance of the gay lifestyle and the social problems that come with that lifestyle is primarily a western developed world trend.  

Philippines is cheap, corrupt and there are many young brown bums to be plundered there.  

19 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Seems the OPs only concern with life and what country to live in is down to sleeping around with cute Asian boys.  Does not care about culture, language, food, climate, health care, society, landscape, technology, living standards, etc etc.  

Maybe try thinking with the brain, not what's in the pants? Also, thinking the person he is 'married' to does not love him and would leave him if his money dried up....maybe says something about his choices in life.

As for his friend being deported over one late 90 day report... think the OPs friend did not tell him the entire story?

I'd think you could make this comment to the myriads of heterosexuals who only think about sleeping with cute Asian girls, thinks with the little head, and has not heard the entire story.

1 hour ago, smotherb said:

I'd think you could make this comment to the myriads of heterosexuals who only think about sleeping with cute Asian girls, thinks with the little head, and has not heard the entire story.

The difference is the cute Asian girls are mostly in their twenties, thirties and even forties. The "cute boys" are of indeterminate age.

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Total B.S.

What you're doing here is very clear and it starts with the letter T. 

Well, when I see references to young Burmese boys, cute Laos boys, and young brown bums to be plundered, what am I supposed to think?

9 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

Well, when I see references to young Burmese boys, cute Laos boys, and young brown bums to be plundered, what am I supposed to think?

First of all, the phrasing you cite regarding Burmese boys was not posted. You made that up to further your hateful agenda of conflating gay with pederasty. Saying boys or girls are cute is not age specific, and you know it. The young brown bums, again, you don't know whether young refers to underage, and it's my understanding that post was made by a non-gay member in the first place (based on his posting history, which he can correct if he wants).

Again, it's totally obvious you are trolling. You are trying to spread a propaganda agenda to demonize gays and acting like the same language from straights is innocent but when posted when gays definitely indicates pederasty. That's hateful, dude. 

There is no doubt that some gays and some straights are involved in underage sex crimes. That's a legitimate concern of course, but don't invent crimes or intended crimes out of thin air. 

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

First of all, the phrasing you cite regarding Burmese boys was not posted. You made that up to further your hateful agenda of conflating gay with pederasty. Saying boys or girls are cute is not age specific, and you know it. The young brown bums, again, you don't know whether young refers to underage, and it's my understanding that post was made by a non-gay member in the first place (based on his posting history, which he can correct if he wants).

Again, it's totally obvious you are trolling. You are trying to spread a propaganda agenda to demonize gays and acting like the same language from straights is innocent but when posted when gays definitely indicates pederasty. That's hateful, dude. 

There is no doubt that some gays and some straights are involved in underage sex crimes. That's a legitimate concern of course, but don't invent crimes or intended crimes out of thin air. 

If you go back to the OP, you'll find a reference to Myanmar = Burmese.

I know several gays, and I don't have a problem with them. In point of fact, I voted yes in the same sex marriage plebiscite in Australia recently.

You may think I'm trolling. I have no interest in demonizing gays. However, from the language used, I'm saying there's an undertone of pedophilia in the thread I am not comfortable with. And if you think that's hateful or unreasonable, so be it.

6 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

If you go back to the OP, you'll find a reference to Myanmar = Burmese.

I know several gays, and I don't have a problem with them. In point of fact, I voted yes in the same sex marriage plebiscite in Australia recently.

You also suggested STUPIDLY that saying cute boys is somehow more toxic than saying cute girls. Totally homophobic crap. 

You may think I'm trolling. I have no interest in demonizing gays. However, from the language used, I'm saying there's an undertone of pedophilia in the thread I am not comfortable with. And if you think that's hateful or unreasonable, so be it.

Again, you are playing sleazy games.

You specifically said that the phrase --

young Burmese boys

was said.

It was not. It's not about Burmese or Myanmar it's about your obvious TROLL agenda of saying this is about pedophilia.

You added YOUNG to the boys. More than once. You're busted. Stop with the games and lying. If you're going to continue with your attacks here, at least be HONEST about what you post. Again young boys was not said. YOU SAID THAT.

Just now, Jingthing said:

Again, you are playing sleazy games.

You specifically said that the phrase --

young Burmese boys

was said.

It was note. It's not about Burmese or Myanmar it's about your obvious TROLL agenda of saying this is about pedophilia.

You added YOUNG to the boys. More than once. You're busted. Stop with the games and lying.

Can I go now? You've obviously convinced yourself of your moral superiority.

4 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

I'm convinced that I know someone engaging into anti-gay TROLLING when I see it. You're not even particularly skilled  with it. Adding "young" multiple times when it wasn't even said.  Based on totally DISHONEST citing of what others have said. What you're doing is classic. Conflating gay with pedo. We've got enough Putins in the world without seeing that on a gay forum. Shame on you. 

36 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

I know many gay men but not one of them jumps on every perceived slight and willing to make a huge PC issue at every turn.  Just saying.

Certain posters don't do any favours to the LGBT community, in fact rather embarrass it.

6 hours ago, bazza73 said:

The difference is the cute Asian girls are mostly in their twenties, thirties and even forties. The "cute boys" are of indeterminate age.

Where did yo come across that bit of information? Seems to me cute boys and cute girls come in all ages--maybe a bit less cute as the years go by.

Hi, sorry I hadn't checked in here in a few days, since initially, for days, there were NO replies... NOW I see FOUR PAGES, big surprise.

SORRY if the term "boys" threw anyone, my gay Thai friends always use the word "boy" and "boys", and I'm relaxed with that common understanding that OF COURSE we are always referring to LEGAL AGE GAY guys... gads!!!  Would you prefer guys, or men?  Please, NOT an issue!!!

ANYWAY!!! My friend and I were equally perplexed at how this all came down, much as has been the common thread of wonderment expressed here.

This was Pattaya Imm. by the way.

My ONLY GUESS was ONE of TWO THINGS happened... or both.

He is rather a feisty old codger (early seventies) and it's his nature not to take shit from anyone... AND I'm guessing, that when he sent the two officers from Immigratioon away the first time (after showing proof of his recent re-arrival by air, in his passport) he did so, with his rather feisty nature, as he was really outraged, at the time... and THIS approach... (IF it happened like that, I really don't know!) would have been counter-productive, to say the least.

ME, I would have been ULTRA polite and apologetic, and been offering ANY sums of money they seemed to feel appropriate for what they had thought was the alleged violation (regardless of whether it was VALID or NOT). Our "Western Style" of "Sticking to your Guns" and becoming angry and indignant... and not budging... really can result in the worst possible outcome, in our Alien vs Thai Reality Environment. It NEVER works out to our advantage, here, to try to argue our point, eh?

The SECOND GUESS of what might have happened (behind the scenes)... was that one or both of the guys that originally showed up to complain about the 90 Day Violation... ended up LOSING FACE, when they returned to their headquarters... and most if not all of us know that simple "Loss of Face", be it for ANY reason, RIGHT or WRONG... can and certainly WILL lead to results that can be quite shocking and often even deadly.

So, yeah, anyway... he's back in the states, and seems to be "picking up the pieces", getting an apartment, buying a used car, and getting his old job back...  But he really misses his Thai boyfriend of 10 years...

He's fortunate to have had his sister to fall back on, initially, upon the forced return to the states.

ME? I wouldn't have ANY family to help (that I know of) and I would ONLY have Social Security, for income; I think he's got about twice that...

Nor would I have had ANY interest in living back in the states, after being here since 2006... I'm MUCH more comfortable in the company of Thais ( / Asians) ...thus my reasons and interests in originally posting this query about "Where Would YOU choose to live (if you had to leave TH)???"

Anyway! Thanks for the interest and insight (those who didn't try to hijack this thread into some pedophilia tangent) provided.

Take care,

Pawpcorn

Wow. Interesting and kind of disturbing immigration story.

I could be wrong but it sounds to me that the root of his problem was that he didn't report that he arrived back in Thailand after the trip. While it is true that resets the 90 days, it sounds like immigration not knowing about the return was investigating what was up. Keep in mind not so long ago there was a new boss there saying there would be investigations of everyone on retirement extensions. Very few people took that literally at the time, but maybe they should have. 

Indeed, I agree, 100%, and nice to see you here again, Jingthing!

The actual details of some Immigration rules... (some arcane, some actually unknown, on a common level) when taken LITERALLY... AND when chosen to be ENFORCED by the respective Immigration office... can be surprising and shocking.

I'm reminded of my first 90 report, after I had relocated from BKK (after living there 10 years) to ISSAN, and the "officer" there pointed out that I had been "required to report directly to the local police station within the first 24 hours! I was SHOCKED!

I had moved multiple times when residing in BKK, and had NEVER run across this issue... actually being enforced, at least.

BUT this "gentleman" happened to have a worn and weary copy of some "documentation" that said this is a MUST DO, and we were sent away to the nearest ATM to withdraw the 2000 Baht penalty.

Oddly enough (hey, this is Thailand, after all) upon returning, it seemed this "officer" seemed to "take a liking" to me and my boyfriend... and reduced the fine, on the spot, 50%, down to 1000 Baht, which I'm pretty sure that he just pocketed.

The next time we visited... the same guy had some imaginary fee (I think it was 200 Baht?) that he said he would charge my boyfriend, if he chose to do the 90 day notification WITHOUT MY PRESENCE, in the future.

Then the NEXT time we visited, this guy was GONE, and rumor had it that he had been swept up in some "corruption" cleansing...

NOWadays... the 90 day notice is handled (usually) by just my boyfriend, and natch... it's free, and hassle-free.

Never a dull day, in LOS, like saying no two days (of policy enforcement?) are ever the same.  Sorta keeps us on our toes, never quite knowing what to expect... NEXT time, eh?

Take care,

Pawpcorn

Jingthing, I was thinking about what you said here... today.

I DO remember my friend saying that HE WAS SURE that Immigration computers would be AUTOMATICALLY UPDATED upon his return... and his thinking was based upon that premise.

ME? I wouldn't trust that "automatic notification" of the Immigration computers... just based upon his return to Thailand.

I wonder... if this was an ASSUMPTION of his?  Or something he had heard, or been told??  OR based on prior experience?

In that LOS theme, I think we can't assume ANYTHING to happen consistently, automatically, repeatedly, or with reliability... when it comes to our security and protection, eh?

and getting his old job back...

I thought you said he was in his early 70's?  Glad to hear that he is still employable :)

I'll comment specifically about living in Myanmar, (where I live and work). Currently, there is no 'retirement' visa, Elite visa or long-term tourist visa.  You can get renewable tourist visas every month, work here on a 3,6 or 12 month business visa, or marry a local (no same-sex marriage).

On 11/26/2017 at 6:25 PM, simon43 said:

I thought you said he was in his early 70's?  Glad to hear that he is still employable :)

I'll comment specifically about living in Myanmar, (where I live and work). Currently, there is no 'retirement' visa, Elite visa or long-term tourist visa.  You can get renewable tourist visas every month, work here on a 3,6 or 12 month business visa, or marry a local (no same-sex marriage).

YUP! Early 70's, so that was a bit of a surprise to me too, yet the particular job category is particularly welcoming to all ages...

Thanks for the information update, regarding Myanmar; good to know!

Take care,

Pawpcorn

Archived