What is an API, and how do I download podcast list ?

oldcarguy

Hi All

HELP     I just found a site that lists 1000s of   Podcasts and the URLs ,  But it is stopping Nov 28th,

Here is the Website   https://www.audiosear.ch/docs   API COOKBOOK

Here is what they sent me :

"You can access lots of metadata about shows, including getting a list of episodes and the URLs to their audio files, by using our API: www.audiosear.ch/docs.

The show ID for Car Talk is 392, which should help get you started ......."

So how do I do it ?  First thing is the Car Talk info (

Once I get the Car Talk URLs  I would love to be able to DOWNLOAD the complete file with all the Podcasts locations they have sorted out , it looks like years of work that will be lost Nov 28th.....

PS:   Car talk is good for a laugh even if you  are not a Car Guy ,   Click and Clack , the tappet  Brothers has been on the radio for 20 years

Thanks for your help

API is an application interface.

Think of a big database that contains links and info to podcasts scattered around the web. The owner of this database now wants to allow other web sites and apps to use his data. To do this he opens a door in his system that allows other systems to send search requests and get data returned to their system. The API cookbook you are viewing explains how developers should talk to the system and get data returned.

I think you should look for another data source. There are some apps in the sites showcase.

Hi

thanks for this info ,

the people at the website have been helpful ,

but I needed to sign in but could not find a link ,  now they sent it to me ,

I am concerned that when they go offline Nov 28th all the websites using the info will go dark too ,

I wish I had found them earlier ,  its nice that it is all at one place ,

https://www.audiosear.ch 

Car Talk only Podcasts the last few shows , then they are 99cents each on Itunes

I just want the older ones to archive

The Best of Car Talk has been  going for the last few years after one of the brothers died at the age of 77

Thanks for your ideas

12 hours ago, 7000gods said:

Hey oldcarguy.Never laughed so long or hard..Cartalk Road trip of destruction 19 Oct 2013.Thanks man.
Tunein.com

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yeah , there are so many laughs in these shows ,  and good automotive knowledge too

they were on NPR weekend mornings all these years , but stopped earlier in the year and now only Podcasts on my local station ,

Easy way to brighten up your day :)

Cheers