Missing chief engineer found submerged in Fortuner after three days

webfact

Missing chief engineer found submerged in Fortuner after three days

6pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A section chief at a plastics factory in Nakorn Pathom was found dead at the wheel of his Fortuner after being missing since Thursday.

A man out walking had noticed the back part of a vehicle mostly concealed among thick vegetation in the Nok Krathung klong in Bang Len district.

The car was towed out and in the driver's seat was 41 year old Banthit Thathisa a chief engineer at the Sor Wattana company.

A relative said that Banthit, from Ubon Ratchathani, had been missing since leaving work at 7pm on Thursday.

Police said he was driving home when he failed to negotiate a bend in the road.

The front of the car had windshield damage and four airbags had deployed. It had lost a front fender.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-11-20

30 minutes ago, webfact said:

Police said he was driving home when he failed to negotiate a bend in the road

I that an eye witness? He should have come forward 2 days ago. I sincerely hope there is an inactive post available for negligence of duty.

41 minutes ago, seajae said:

will be interesting to see the results of a full investigation, seems just a bit too easily explained

full investigation - hahahahahahahahahaha.

The highly qualified investigation team are currently too busy with a Norwegian freezing to death to be worried about another road death, anyway - the local BIB experts already have it sorted.

Just now, Just1Voice said:

Speeding and lost control?
Drunk and lost control?
Heart attack and lost control? 

Yep, take your pick - but same outcome - dead. Just add it to the list as no one gives a rats arse except family and friends.

Just now, watcharacters said:

Was that Fortuner just dropped from a helicopter?        I sure can see any road he could have been using.

Shhhh, not too many difficult questions please ....

3 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Anyone looked at the picture in the article.

Seems as if he was holding the hand grip, which means he was conscious at the time of the accident, but couldn't get out.

He also has is foot raised and braced against the dash board as if he was expecting a crash....

why wouldn't what should be deep gouged tracks on the encroached wet grass, have attracted inquisitive eyes?

- like the pot at the end of the rainbow does?

surely the path is used more than by one man?

5 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Was that Fortuner just dropped from a helicopter?        I sure can see any road he could have been using.

The car fell from a bridge that cannot be seen on the picture, no offence but sometimes it helps reading the links for a better understanding ?

ah!! so the story, translated, appears to say:

hmm maybe? - there could have been an embankment, or raised approach???

surely if it had gone through elevated road guardrails, then it would have been earlier assumed something went over?

translated excerpt:

"...The area is curved before crossing the bridge. The dead driving home When arriving at the scene, it is expected that the dead may come at a speed and make the car fall off the curve into the pelican canal..."

7 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Sorry too late for an edit but I  meant I cannot see any road or semblance of a roadway or bridge anywhere within the vicinity of the Fortuner.

Any ideas how this vehicle landed where it is?

8 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Sorry too late for an edit but I  meant I cannot see any road or semblance of a roadway or bridge anywhere within the vicinity of the Fortuner.

Any ideas how this vehicle landed where it is?

all one can see, is what was written in the original news article, google-translated into English

7 hours ago, evadgib said:

Dashcam might provide answers or they could Sue Toymota re the bouyancy of the airbags(!)

RIP to the deceased.

I doubt many inside dash cams are water proof, but maybe the mini sd card survived and caught what happened, but that seems like an awful lot of work for those involved and xould take weeks and weeks to even think about taking that course of 

action. Unless someone can whip up a social media storm.

So if it was known he failed to negotiate a bend ( police jargon for speeding )  why did it take the police 3 days to find him ? I assume there must have been skid marks where he failed to take the bend ( police jargon for speeding gain ) .....Or is all this the usual police assumptions based on guesswork instead of facts ?