U.S. warns citizens against risks of travel to Saudi Arabia

webfact

2 hours ago, Naam said:

North Korean style! :giggle: young "Raging Bull" Mohamed bin-Salman can't implement all his ideas.

I don't know if exactly NK style - perhaps limited to some zones, with attractions elsewhere being a guided tour thing. Some quality beaches there....

Edited by Morch

1 hour ago, Naam said:

we haven't met for quite some time Craig. invite me to an icecold bottle of Singha and i will outline a simple way for your independent travel to S.A.

caveat: U.S. Department of Homeland Security is your problem.

You are always welcome to my home and I will make sure you have whatever your favorite libation is on hand! Conversations with you are always welcome.

But seriously, there's a few hundred of us trying to figure out how to tour Saudi Arabia. A tour was offered recently, but it was 5k for 5 days! Not including airfare!

I'll call when I'm back in town in a few weeks. Say hi to your lovely wife. Please. And Tee!

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 2:43 PM, Srikcir said:

Maybe need to update?

Many men of all nationalities both single and married without their spouses living and working in S.A. Unchaperoned S.A. women shopping in malls, driving cars.

I'm aware of that. I did live there. Western tourists tend to ignore the strictures in Arabia, hence the arrests of people in the Emirates for kissing or whatnot in public.

I went on many social club trips of men and women, but they were always chaperoned and we never wandered around as couples, which tourists are likely to do. Take an unmarried couple- are they going to stay separate while in S A?

22 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

You are always welcome to my home and I will make sure you have whatever your favorite libation is on hand! Conversations with you are always welcome.

But seriously, there's a few hundred of us trying to figure out how to tour Saudi Arabia. A tour was offered recently, but it was 5k for 5 days! Not including airfare!

I'll call when I'm back in town in a few weeks. Say hi to your lovely wife. Please. And Tee!

Tourists only stay in 5* hotels and they aren't cheap in S A. Plus the compulsory guide and chaperones.

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 4:48 PM, sebastion said:

Congrats captain obvious.
I'm talking about tourists, not oil workers and doctors. I never mentioned foreign workers.
Those people working there are well aware of the dangers so the government announcement actually is nothing but scare tactics that effect nobody as the average Joe can't get into the country.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

There are no tourists from outside S A. However, I was often a tourist within S A. Very interesting. I even saw some of the railway of Lawrence fame, with the Turkish forts along it, and carved rock tombs from hundreds of years ago, similar to Petra in Jordan.