Any discount on a new car this time of year ?

madox66

When models of many types are on show at exhibitions, events or big stores you tend to get a better deal than in the Main Dealer showrooms.  I have been offered 30,000 baht cash discount on several models plus free insurance for one year.  Toyota appear stubbornly to try not to offer the cash discount claiming that "Toyota Number One in Thailand" !

I let others comment about their statement.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Postmaster said:

When models of many types are on show at exhibitions, events or big stores you tend to get a better deal than in the Main Dealer showrooms.  I have been offered 30,000 baht cash discount on several models plus free insurance for one year.  Toyota appear stubbornly to try not to offer the cash discount claiming that "Toyota Number One in Thailand" !

I let others comment about their statement.

Perhaps they go by their sales volume numbers  ...?

They probably call the current Honda the 2018, and when we're actually in 2018 they'll call the next one 2019 (if they follow standard habits).

I just bought a Honda for my girl.  No discount on that, despite apparently a new model being due out next year (that was the Civic, not sure about rest of the line up).  There's a modest car show here in Central Plaza in Udon at the moment, and most dealers were offering around 10% off showroom prices (except Honda is what we wanted and they weren't present).

A friend bought a car at the show, and said he got 30% off.  I said no way.  Turns out they gave him softer finance, rather than a discount on the car.  I was a cash buyer which doesn't get discounts as easily, but still cheaper than discounted finance.

So I guess it depends on your situation, and whether finance is involved.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shiver said:

They probably call the current Honda the 2018, and when we're actually in 2018 they'll call the next one 2019 (if they follow standard habits).

I just bought a Honda for my girl.  No discount on that, despite apparently a new model being due out next year (that was the Civic, not sure about rest of the line up).  There's a modest car show here in Central Plaza in Udon at the moment, and most dealers were offering around 10% off showroom prices (except Honda is what we wanted and they weren't present).

A friend bought a car at the show, and said he got 30% off.  I said no way.  Turns out they gave him softer finance, rather than a discount on the car.  I was a cash buyer which doesn't get discounts as easily, but still cheaper than discounted finance.

So I guess it depends on your situation, and whether finance is involved.

I hope that you bought your girl the RS. The 10th Generation Civic has only been out less than two years so about eight to go before 11th Gen ...maybe a face lift coming ...you should have got a load of freebees inc insurance...so really it's a sort of discount ...

By the way a good choice ...

16 hours ago, transam said:

Perhaps they go by their sales volume numbers  ...?

Yes, so they think Thais will buy their cars regardless of how they treat their customers. Actually, excluding taxis, the honda civic outsells the Toyota altis. 

2 hours ago, DavisH said:

Yes, so they think Thais will buy their cars regardless of how they treat their customers. Actually, excluding taxis, the honda civic outsells the Toyota altis. 

Toyota does well in LOS because of it's known reliability, Honda much the same.

We have a Civic which is a better ride than the Toyota equivalent...

23 minutes ago, transam said:

Toyota does well in LOS because of it's known reliability, Honda much the same.

We have a Civic which is a better ride than the Toyota equivalent...

I don't disagree, but I do see a strong 'sheeple' effect here regarding toyota...."toyota good, ford bad, etc"....even though they really don't know much about the cars they purchase. For me, I'd rather buy something like a mazda 3 with good driving dynamics as opposed to a boring people mover altis....I'll take the lower resale and higher maintenance on the chin.  

I was offered 50,000 baht discount on last years Toyota pickup. I was financing the vehicle. When I looked closer it was actually off the down price, but you still paid in the long run.....have to look closely as they are pretty clever and don't really want to give a discount.

• 7 months later...

Hi, I seem to have missed the boat in BKK with the autoshow and fast auto show finishing. Do you know if there are any more shows coming up?

Im looking for good cash discounts, new cars in the size of the Honda Jazz, MG, Yaris models.

Thanks in advance.

9 hours ago, swbaggies said:

Hi, I seem to have missed the boat in BKK with the autoshow and fast auto show finishing. Do you know if there are any more shows coming up?

Im looking for good cash discounts, new cars in the size of the Honda Jazz, MG, Yaris models.

Thanks in advance.

Google BITEC and Impact.co.th ...then look at 'whats on' each month.  Impact should have the Motor Show starting the end of November.

The Auto Saloon Fair started today at Impact ...

Detail:  Bangkok International Auto Salon 2018 will mark its 6th edition this year at IMPACT Challenger 2, showcasing top quality tuning products, after-market auto parts, accessories, and all kinds of body kits including SUVs, trucks, cars, and motorcycles from the world’s renowned manufacturers such as Mazda, Honda, Toyota, Suzuki, Subaru, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Porsche, and so much more. You will find a variety of promotion and special campaign.
Ticket is 100 baht

• 4 months later...
On 11/22/2017 at 8:03 AM, JAS21 said:

Definitely ...

Honda, Ford,Toyota even Mazda ...big discounts at the moment ... off on holiday now :smile:

i got from honda on a civic, full insurance,window film,full tank of gas,a honda jacket,and 10.000 tb discount if you can not get from one dealer go to a other it work! good luck!

2 hours ago, no deal said:

i got from honda on a civic, full insurance,window film,full tank of gas,a honda jacket,and 10.000 tb discount if you can not get from one dealer go to a other it work! good luck!

This topic is a year old ... next Motor Show is end of this month ... www.impact.co.th