Windows Vista Business

george

Looking into Windows Vista Business for a new computer. Any good deals or promotions in the pipeline yet?

Will Vista be launched 30 Jan 2007 in Thailand as well?

Where to buy a genuine product in Bangkok?

It's a company buying so I need genuine Vista software - Can not buy copies of software. Do avoid comments on where Baht copies can be purchased, thanks!

Looks like they have an event planned for the 23rd in Bangkok but I can't read Thai so here's the URL:

http://www.microsoft.com/thailand/launch/

Microsoft has a program called "Cleanshop" of trusted retailers where you can be assured genuine products. The full list of outlets in Thailand is here.

One thing to note is that every Vista DVD contains all versions of the software and you can buy upgrades online to unlock the upgrades so there's no pressure to get the Ultimate or Premium versions right away.

The official launch is on January 30. 2007 for the public and at this day the packages should be by the reseller. But will be? Not sure yet because one of my friends, who's MS Reseller and also on the list at the MS site, have not get any info until yesterday!! He'll informe as soon as he know when the packeges arriving!

Looks like they have an event planned for the 23rd in Bangkok but I can't read Thai so here's the URL:

Microsoft has a program called "Cleanshop" of trusted retailers where you can be assured genuine products. The full list of outlets in Thailand is here.

One thing to note is that every Vista DVD contains all versions of the software and you can buy upgrades online to unlock the upgrades so there's no pressure to get the Ultimate or Premium versions right away.

Couldn't you also buy a baht copy and then purchase a perfectly legal license for it online?

I am testing Vista from MSDN and I think that's an option.

Couldn't you also buy a baht copy and then purchase a perfectly legal license for it online?

And what do you do for the 6 month validation (he asked for business not home so he needs the validation server access right) after that? I personally went back to tiger (OS X) after trying it out (yes real copy) as Vista would not run the most important app on my notebook being skype.

And what do you do for the 6 month validation (he asked for business not home so he needs the validation server access right) after that? I personally went back to tiger (OS X) after trying it out (yes real copy) as Vista would not run the most important app on my notebook being skype.

Maybe you didn't understand me.

1) Install pirate copy of Vista Enterprise (or whatever)

2) Buy new product key from Microsoft.com

3) Boom! Now your windows Vista install is perfectly legal

New product keys can be purchased here:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/e...6165661033.mspx

There are so many compromised pirate copies out there why would you risk introducing it to your network?

George,

I can remember that I advised a company to go with the latest MS Windows version back when Window XP was introduced. I had headache that I almost needed to see a shrink, and I not really got payed for my work. If I have it right they still try to get me into the courtroom for my advice.

My advice was based on accurate information provided by Microsoft Thailand, who of course did not understand anything..... Lucky all communication was in Thai and all contracts where in Thai...

If your customer needs a solid working computer, I will say go for MS Windows XP or even Windows 2000 Professional. This two versions a well supported for the next 5 years, after that the computer it runs on are so old that they need replacement.

After this replacement you can look again at what Windows Vista has to offer.

Skype works with MS-Vista very well! OIf you don't have administrator rights you'll need to set the permission for each user seperatly but this can be done from tha admin only.

Thanks for the links and discussion.

Here is what amazon sells.

genuine xp 130$ + Vista ultimate upgrade 250$ + office 124$ + office 2007 pro upgrade 300$= 800$

What do you think?

Will they sell it more cheaply in THailand?

Why would somebody get ultimate and office pro instead of a cheaper version? Infact, why get vista at all? Why not just stick with XP?

Talked today to an MS Reseller but the Price for Vista isn't come out from MS until today. May next week on 23. by the launch party from MS here in Thailand.

Thanks for the links and discussion.

Here is what amazon sells.

genuine xp 130$ + Vista ultimate upgrade 250$ + office 124$ + office 2007 pro upgrade 300$= 800$

What do you think?

Will they sell it more cheaply in THailand?

Why would somebody get ultimate and office pro instead of a cheaper version? Infact, why get vista at all? Why not just stick with XP?

Vista in its current state is more annoying than XP. But - big shiny!

For those who really do want it though, Microsoft is apparently going to let people download it.

Microsoft will also sell upgrade licenses - a copy of Vista can be upgraded to any other version at any time via MS upgrade tool - hand over some dough and get a new version.

For Vista, you should be able to download direct from MS if you so desire. They have a lot of faith in their WGA I guess.

I know our company isn't going to upgrade to Vista for at least a year to let the kinks get worked out. Too much history, and not that much in the way of solid improvements over XP. I guess if your existing XP isn't legit, it might be worth the hassle though.