Mass overstay arrests on Koh Phangan

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, steve187 said:

new info Don't overstay

People have their own reasons. Some just can't afford. Some are just stupid. But they are not bad people. And don't deserve to be treated like animals.

It's easy being a salty old englishman when you're sitting at a warm home behind a computer screen. But remember that even you might be breaking laws. Having sex with ladyboys for example. Just saying.

Edited by ethaniel

26 minutes ago, ethaniel said:

People have their own reasons. Some just can't afford. Some are just stupid. But they are not bad people. And don't deserve to be treated like animals.

It's easy being a salty old englishman when you're sitting at a warm home behind a computer screen. But remember that even you might be breaking laws. Having sex with ladyboys for example. Just saying.

Where? In the east midlands?

Thanks for both the initial news and all the updates, and please keep them coming!

Although I am 100% legitimate in regards to immigration, I find it interesting to see what is going on in the country and (more specifically) on the island.

Time to ensure that the photocopy of my passport and current visa is up to date...

Cheers

14 hours ago, ethaniel said:

New info (unconfirmed). Police is rounding up people that depart on ferries.

They have been doing this for years on Samui. Not frequently, but quite regularly.

Hand  yourself in - pay a fine.

Get caught by the police or immigration - go to gaol

Better still, do as steve187 says.

14 hours ago, ethaniel said:

Have you stopped taking your medication?

45 minutes ago, carmine said:

Have you stopped taking your medication?

In case you don't know what Immigration Detention Center in Bangkok looks like from inside (filmed by a journalist from a hidden camera).

Edited by ethaniel

18 hours ago, ethaniel said:

????????????????????????

There has been no law against homosexual sex since 1956 in Thailand.

3 minutes ago, markaoffy said:

Round them up and dump them outside the country if they can’t pay for ticket to home country

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

:laugh: I'm sure Myanmar - Laos - Cambodia en Malaysia are thrilled to have some 200.000 illegal immigrants from Thailand; maybe you want to pay for their roundup and dumping ? :wink:

It's happening in Pattaya also , more than 900 arrested a few days ago. I am happy they are doing something about this , not all of them are bad people but some are just criminals been hiding in Thailand for too long. 

47 minutes ago, balo said:

I am happy they are doing something about this 

Then you must be extremely happy with mothers and children sitting behind bars in Bangkok's IDC in violation of United Nations Law. These are refugees that are registered with the UN. Children are kept in horrible conditions with their mothers (100 people on 1 cell). They don't see their fathers. Fathers are kept separately.

image.thumb.png.dfd603923c0346fb2f53d1025c1baa1c.pngimage.png.125a6bb091a72db5debd10a2f120536e.png

In my opinion this is nothing but a show of power by the prime minister trying to keep his place and postpone elections even further.

Edited by ethaniel