Bank account scam

20 hours ago, fanjita said:

Agreed, but not 300 baht monthly.  Too small for a scam.  Sounds like a recurring subscription and absolutely certain about this now that I've digested the thread.

Not really because some scammers take a small amount from many accounts and they go undetected because people do not notice .

If a large amount went out at once , people are likely to notice and question it

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Not really because some scammers take a small amount from many accounts and they go undetected because people do not notice .

If a large amount went out at once , people are likely to notice and question it

But very rarely for a few months in a row.  I still reckon the OP has inadvertently signed up for a recurring subscription.  

OP - you will now have to contact your bank and put a stop to the debit.  Simple.

Edited by fanjita

When I thought about it, I am sure that when I bought a phone the guy left the counter with my card in his hand, easy to be wise in hindsight.

Since the CVV number is only needed for "card not present" purchases, just ink it out and note it elsewhere. Thus, when that waiter disappears into the back room, your CVV number is safe.