Wedding Matters

Deter

Sawatdee krup,

I'm a foreigner from malaysia. i am interested to find out more about wedding in thailand, bangkok.

Had a girlfriend in thailand but doesn't wana check out this things from her directly, in order to propose to her soon, just want to keep it a secret for the time being. :o

Does anyone know about the cost to held a wedding banquet (dinner) in a 4 / 5 star hotel in bangkok??

Let's say for 30 tables, 10 course dinner. what will the cost be like normally?

Can anyone tell me from registering of a marriage in thailand to the dinner at night, is it normal to be held on the same day, or the dinner can be arranged at a later date? any suggestion?

Appreciate if u can tell me more.

Kop kun krup!

Sawatdee krup,

I'm a foreigner from malaysia. i am interested to find out more about wedding in thailand, bangkok.

Had a girlfriend in thailand but doesn't wana check out this things from her directly, in order to propose to her soon, just want to keep it a secret for the time being. :o

Does anyone know about the cost to held a wedding banquet (dinner) in a 4 / 5 star hotel in bangkok??

Can anyone tell me from registering of a marriage in thailand to the dinner at night, is it normal to be held on the same day, or the dinner can be arranged at a later date? any suggestion?

Kop kun krup!

not sure how much it cost for each table. but i know u can have wedding n dinner the same day.

i believe by now u should know about ur sinsoot and how much gold u need to buy hehehehe. this u need to check with her family.

Deter, traditionally, in Thailand, the groom and his family pay for the wedding so I doubt many ladies in this forum will know prices. Am moving this to the General Forum where, hopefully you will get better answers to your questions without the usual smart alecky comments.

You're looking at 5,000 to 20,000 Baht per table (10 guests per table). Depends on the hotel and then again how you adjust the menu to your tastes.

:o

Prices vary. Depends if you have a buffet style or brought to the table. The buffet is usually cheaper and that way people can pick what they want. Hotels do packages. Shop around. I paid 70,000 in Chiangmai for a hotel package. That was including food for 250 people and there was some left. Extras are booze and band.

Sawatdee krup,

Kop kun krup!

If Thai CHinese then assume you will serve high end CHinese food = about maybe 2,500 per head minimum including whisky and softdrinks. AS high as 5,000 per head, or as low as 1,000 per head.

Also allow:

5,000 - 20,000k for an MC (depending on whether the person is important)

flower display may be free

band - a singer + guy with electon is enough maybe 10,000b will be ample

dowry (sin sot)

If she is from upcountry or a non rich family, don't do all of this as chances are they will feel out of place, and enjoy it less than something a bit more in keeping with their lifestyle.