Iran warns it would increase missile range if threatened by Europe

rooster59

2 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

Retarus has a certain point in that the US has been involved in several wars/actions over the last 70 years. In my mind, the only one that made any real sense is WWII and  Korea.  The rest were involvement because of America's belief it had to lead the World in intervention anytime the US or its Allies felt threatened.

However, ISIS is a real and existential threat and needs to be controlled.  Iran, while threatening countries is not a real threat itself but it is known to fund and train terrorist movements and thus has to be neutralized. However, as I mentioned, the US does not have to be involved in any of this. Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Egypt and  Israel can carry the loan and fund the resistance.

The real threat to include NKorea involves nuclear proliferation and the possibility of a nuclear weapon falling into the hands of a terrorist group like ISIS that would surely explode it in a Western city to destroy the 'infidels'.

As a American, I am tired of America continually expanding its military while its so called allies are willing to fight to the last American.  IMHO, it is time for America to get American military out of Europe and the Middle East.  America's destiny is in Asia.  Let Europe take care of its own defense and the Middle Eastern Nations do the same.

The problem with that is the U.S. is a global leader in business. We can't pull back and only worry about interests inside our borders. Our economy would be crushed. No different than the other leading nations.

What happens outside our borders can have a devastating impact on the global economy. Much to the dismay of the anti US posters.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We don't have to pull back everywhere but to what end does the US need to keep almost 70,000 troops in Europe or more while the European countries refuse to increase their involvement and their budget and provide cradle to grave social services for their citizens while Americans suffer. You ever wonder why there are so few Americans travelling. It's because they are all working and trying to survive.

America needs to get smart and use its economic prowess to stop subsidizing other countries and force those countries to take charge of their own welfare. Spending billions in Europe and the Middle East to include Israel simply places Americans at a disadvantage for economic growth. Ever wonder why Norway; Switzerland and Luxembourg are economic powerhouses. They don't send their military around the World fighting someone else's wars.

One outstanding characteristic of TV is how freely it allows dialogue. Almost like the old Hyde's Park tradition. We are all benefited by reading the thoughts of others-the delusional and the reasoned, the liberal and the conservative, the religious and irreligious.

We never truly solve the problems of the world, but we do enjoy jawing about them. And it is a gift inasmuch as freedom of speech seems in retreat in much of the world.

I have traveled in Iran. I have never met a more friendly and kind people anywhere. I dislike their government. It does seem best to me that we let their own people solve it. Making threats and rattling sabers does not affect fanatics. The people there have a long history of suffering but eventually they have enough. They are hesitant now (Remember Nada Soltani ?). From some friends there, I sense their anger is growing.

Let us encourage them to walk their own path.

What a bad sport the current Ayatollah is...Saudia compares him with Hitler,  and later the country is ranting with their killer toys against Europe !!!...really really boys, chill down on all sides....not to mention those fine iranian ladies that are just...georgeous !!

Edited by observer90210

4 hours ago, Thaidream said:

You ever wonder why there are so few Americans travelling. It's because they are all working and trying to survive.

More likely that the average American has very little knowledge of other countries and no gumption or world-worthiness to travel, plus of course you also have some good beaches, national parks and great scenery. :wink:

As to why US presence is maintained around the world. It ain't for the good of other countries, you know. As mentioned, aside from strategic access, it is good for business... you guys are making countless billions as a result through everything from arms sales and oil to BIG backhanders... so quit whining. :smile:

As for Iran increasing their missile range, whoopy doo. All posturing for internal consumption no doubt. As with NK, they try anything and they get cleansed.

7 hours ago, bedouin1990 said:

One outstanding characteristic of TV is how freely it allows dialogue. Almost like the old Hyde's Park tradition. We are all benefited by reading the thoughts of others-the delusional and the reasoned, the liberal and the conservative, the religious and irreligious.

We never truly solve the problems of the world, but we do enjoy jawing about them. And it is a gift inasmuch as freedom of speech seems in retreat in much of the world.

I have traveled in Iran. I have never met a more friendly and kind people anywhere. I dislike their government. It does seem best to me that we let their own people solve it. Making threats and rattling sabers does not affect fanatics. The people there have a long history of suffering but eventually they have enough. They are hesitant now (Remember Nada Soltani ?). From some friends there, I sense their anger is growing.

Let us encourage them to walk their own path.

Post of the year!

We're in a Muslim area now. Never been treated better, never seen so many smiles. Fantastic.

Your comments about Iran are the same as my friends who've visited there. Great people, terrible government. And they know it.

6 hours ago, dexterm said:

Iran is telling Macron quite rightly to MYOB.

....And if you threaten to poke your nose in our affairs, we are entitled to threaten to reciprocate.

I think the global community should take any and all actions necessary to prevent nuclear proliferation. This includes developing missiles capable of delivering them.

6 hours ago, dexterm said:

Iran is telling Macron quite rightly to MYOB.

....And if you threaten to poke your nose in our affairs, we are entitled to threaten to reciprocate.

If only Iran would limit its political affairs to domestic instead of supporting Middle East conflict such as in Lebanon, Yemen, Syria, Iraq and likely the Sinai Peninsula. The Iranian government insists on forcing acceptance as a Middle East political power but without any consequences such as condemnation and threats for its actions. What the Iranian government is getting is mere quid pro quo - you threaten us, we threaten you (Iran).

15 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

If only Iran would limit its political affairs to domestic instead of supporting Middle East conflict such as in Lebanon, Yemen, Syria, Iraq and likely the Sinai Peninsula. The Iranian government insists on forcing acceptance as a Middle East political power but without any consequences such as condemnation and threats for its actions. What the Iranian government is getting is mere quid pro quo - you threaten us, we threaten you (Iran).

As you say, Macron is minding his own business.

1 hour ago, craigt3365 said:

I think the global community should take any and all actions necessary to prevent nuclear proliferation. This includes developing missiles capable of delivering them.

Well, the nations that signed the deal with Iran should have thought about that before the ink was dry. Not try to shift the goalposts 2 years later.

Iran is complying completely with the agreement. It's the west who appears to be breaking their side of the bargain, with such statements as Macron and Trump's, plus  still some financial trade restrictions.

"Therefore, as Straw [ex UK Foreign Secretary] says, while there is “not a shred of evidence” that Iran is not implementing its side of the deal — as confirmed by the IAEA — it is the West that is failing to implement its side of the bargain by not providing adequate banking provisions to facilitate trade with Iran."

http://jfjfp.com/?p=96602

46 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

If only Europe and the USA would limit its political affairs to domestic issues instead of supporting Middle East conflict , as it has done for the last 100 years...the root cause of all the problems in the region. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sykes–Picot_Agreement

And it looks like they are at it again.

18 hours ago, billd766 said:

Actually the USA has 20 aircraft carriers available  and the carrier strike groups were here on August 4th 2017. https://southfront.org/us-carrier-strike-groups-locations-map-august-4-2017/

They were here on 23rd November

https://worldview.stratfor.com/topic/tracking-us-naval-power

Your post is not quite correct as there are more than 3 US carrier groups available.

And your post is completely uninformed.  You stumble across an article somewhere and think that makes you an expert.  Yes, thank-you.  I realize any bozo can look up carrier status online.  Did you happen to notice how many were actually IN PORT somewhere?  Do you have any clue as to WHY they might be in port?  Actually, the USA does not have 20 aircraft carriers "available".  Only three or at most four usually and under normal circumstances.  You should learn a little about your subject before broadcasting rubbish.  Carriers are not simply built, commissioned, and then "good to go" for the duration of their service lives.  And neither are their aircraft.  They require regular maintenance availabilities without which they degrade and become less & less capable of fulfilling the taskings for which they were designed. Crews are not continuously deployable either.  They require leave, training, reassignments (temporary & permanent), time with their families after the long (and becoming longer) deployments, and have medical issues, legal issues, etc., just like everybody else.   Carriers and their ships company, like most combatant ships, go through a 3-phase work-up/deployment/standdown cycle which essentially means that AT BEST, only one third of the total carrier force is deployable at any given time.  The rest of the time they are pierside in their homeports or locations where they are undergoing their upkeep periods.  And some that are actually underway are actually only working-up, undergoing trials and certifications, providing a ready deck for pilots who are working up, etc., and not on deployment.   Throw in an upgrade (fairly frequent for carriers), refueling (yeap, even nukes require refueling, and when that happens, it's a lengthy yard period), unscheduled maintenance, funding cuts (which cut short and cut corners on the maintenance availabilities and impact readiness in other ways far too numerous to mention; can you say se-ques-tra'-tion?), contingency (unplanned) deployments or repairs into the mix and that 1-in-3 availability suffers accordingly.  I know.  I've been there and have the coffee cups, ballcaps, t-shirts, patches, missed birthdays & soccer games, etc., to prove it.  And you obviously haven't. 

You just gotta LOVE the military "experts" here on TV.

14 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

funny how 'offensive' and 'defensive' overlap and can be interchanged 

Yes, it would be wonderful if all the region's players could sit down to enjoy a nice game of chess, where offensive and defensive are interchangeable.

But in an area bristling with offensive weapons and enemies, Iran would be foolish not to have the capability to defend itself. As they stated, their missiles are limited to 2,000 kms sufficient for their immediate needs.

44 minutes ago, dexterm said:

Well, the nations that signed the deal with Iran should have thought about that before the ink was dry. Not try to shift the goalposts 2 years later.

Iran is complying completely with the agreement. It's the west who appears to be breaking their side of the bargain, with such statements as Macron and Trump's, plus  still some financial trade restrictions.

"Therefore, as Straw [ex UK Foreign Secretary] says, while there is “not a shred of evidence” that Iran is not implementing its side of the deal — as confirmed by the IAEA — it is the West that is failing to implement its side of the bargain by not providing adequate banking provisions to facilitate trade with Iran."

http://jfjfp.com/?p=96602

Iran has lied before. And are a state sponsor of terrorism. Amazing some actually support them.

Statements ar breaking the bargain?  Seriously? LOL

Sorry. No respect for a government like that in Iran. Stop directly funding terrorism. And get rid of the murals showing violence towards the West.

2 minutes ago, dexterm said:

Yes, it would be wonderful if all the region's players could sit down to enjoy a nice game of chess, where offensive and defensive are interchangeable.

But in an area bristling with offensive weapons and enemies, Iran would be foolish not to have the capability to defend itself. As they stated, their missiles are limited to 2,000 kms sufficient for their immediate needs.

BS. Iran is the aggressive one.

11 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Iran has lied before. And are a state sponsor of terrorism. Amazing some actually support them.

Statements ar breaking the bargain?  Seriously? LOL

Sorry. No respect for a government like that in Iran. Stop directly funding terrorism. And get rid of the murals showing violence towards the West.

Words and labels are cheap.

I leave it up to the IAEA inspectors to assess the facts. Same as we should've done last time the west was itching for a fight.

14 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Such a peace loving government. The world would be a better place without them.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTumQJZezinVqpBNGOtm_w

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3mRvumvKsRoLOY98CnZ7

It's the old chicken and egg, ain't it. And all to do with money, oil and power.

Yes, I'm all for peace loving governments. 

Don't just listen to Fox Noise for your off the shelf opinions. Read a bit of history.

Mohammad Mosaddegh 16 June 1882 – 5 March 1967), was an Iranian politician. He was the head of a democratically elected government, holding office as the Prime Minister of Iran from 1951 until 1953, when his government was overthrown in a coup d'état aided by the United States' Central Intelligence Agency and the United Kingdom's Secret Intelligence Service.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad_Mosaddegh

Edited by dexterm

4 minutes ago, dexterm said:

It's the old chicken and egg, ain't it. And all to do with money, oil and power.

Don't just listen to Fox Noise for your off the shelf opinions. Read a bit of history.

Mohammad Mosaddegh 16 June 1882 – 5 March 1967), was an Iranian politician. He was the head of a democratically elected government, holding office as the Prime Minister of Iran from 1951 until 1953, when his government was overthrown in a coup d'état aided by the United States' Central Intelligence Agency and the United Kingdom's Secret Intelligence Service.

I don't read Fox news. And the topic is Iran's threat to use missiles against Europe.

Hard to believe anything they say. Here's a perfect example.

Iran long denied sending fighters to Syria to help President Bashar al-Assad in the fight against the rebels, and said the Revolutionary Guards' presence on the ground was advisory.

:cheesy:

19 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

I don't read Fox news. And the topic is Iran's threat to use missiles against Europe.

Hard to believe anything they say. Here's a perfect example.

:cheesy:

>> And the topic is Iran's threat to use missiles against Europe.

..it is indeed. So what are you doing rabbiting on about Death to America posters, and Iranian support for Assad?

I am saying there is a long history of European interference in the Middle East in a direct line from the sneaky British/French Sykes Picot agreement to carve up their spheres of influence there and to get their hands on oil and trade routes. Through to arranging coups to depose democratically elected Iranian Prime Ministers and installing pro western stooge monarchs in his place, through to arming Saddam Hussein to fight Iran. It all stinks quite frankly and I don't blame Iran for saying Never Again.

Macron's threat is a continuation of this. Iran now has the capability of making life difficult for the west if they repeatedly try to make life difficult for Iranians.

Edited by dexterm

24 minutes ago, dexterm said:

Ya learn something new every day. The coup was requested by the British government. The US initially refused, then Churchill pushed.

From your link.

The confrontation between Iran and Britain escalated as Mosaddegh's government refused to allow the British any involvement in Iran's oil industry, and Britain made sure Iran could sell no oil.

8 minutes ago, dexterm said:

>> And the topic is Iran's threat to use missiles against Europe.

..it is indeed. So what are you doing rabbiting on about Death to America posters, and Iranian support for Assad?

I am saying there is a long history of European interference in the Middle East in a direct line from the sneaky British/French Sykes Picot agreement to carve up their spheres of influence there and to get their hands on oil and trade routes. 

Macron's threat is a continuation of this. Iran now has the capability of making life difficult for the west if they repeatedly try to make life difficult for Iranians.

Macron is just trying to protect his country. Good for him.

7 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Macron is just trying to protect his country. Good for him.

Hang on a minute. Lets get this timeline right, before you go muddying the waters.

November 15  France threatens Iran
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-nuclear-france-eu/despite-eu-caution-france-pursues-tough-line-on-iran-missile-program-idUSKBN1DF23M

November 26 Iran threatens retaliation
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-missiles-europe/iran-warns-it-would-increase-missile-range-if-threatened-by-europe-idUSKBN1DQ007

15 minutes ago, dexterm said:

Are you supporting these guys? Why? Good for Macron. Iran is a threat and has been for years.

It's like trying to support North Korea!:cheesy:

13 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Are you supporting these guys? Why? Good for Macron. Iran is a threat and has been for years.

It's like trying to support North Korea!:cheesy:

No I don't regard Iran as a threat. I regard the USA, UK, France, Egypt , some of the Gulf States and Israel as a far bigger threat to peace in the Middle East...their track record is deplorable.

You seem to have this naive idea that our politicians are always the good guys and can do no wrong.

If the West focused more on peace making and detente in the region than saber rattling, Iran would do the same.

N Korea is off topic. But for the record, I hate all bullies, and that regime is one of them too.

Edited by dexterm