Tv Adicted

cm-happy

Every day, spend hours and hours pouring through the threads. Usually learn something new, find something mildly amusing, or infuriating. I'm a junkie and dont feel right if I miss a day. Maybe I need a life or a hobbie. Is there professional help available :o

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Every day, spend hours and hours pouring through the threads. Usually learn something new, find something mildly amusing, or infuriating. I'm a junkie and dont feel right if I miss a day. Maybe I need a life or a hobbie. Is there professional help available :D

Yes you are addicted. If you do a search on the net you will find many others who are lovers of TV's. :o

Every day, spend hours and hours pouring through the threads. Usually learn something new, find something mildly amusing, or infuriating. I'm a junkie and dont feel right if I miss a day. Maybe I need a life or a hobbie. Is there professional help available :D

Yes you are addicted. If you do a search on the net you will find many others who are lovers of TV's. :o

Says the man with over 5000 posts! He should know :D

Oh, how embarassing. I just realized I am over 6,000 myself! :D

I was going to say something but decided to be polite. :D Seems my counter is about to roll over too.

Says the man with over 5000 posts! He should know :bah:

I was going to say something but decided to be polite. :o Seems my counter is about to roll over too.

Your softcore tywais, the Doc is way hardcore. :D

Am I addicted? I guess I am, I needed to get some work done once so I banned myself (true story) I needed another mod to unban me. :bah::D

Who, me, addicted? :D

pork-on-the-wing.jpg

Who, me, addicted? :D

pork-on-the-wing.jpg

How do you know I am addicted ??? :bah: .....actually, not yet, but come here everyday though.....

Am I addicted? I guess I am, I needed to get some work done once so I banned myself (true story) I needed another mod to unban me. :D:o

:D

Reminds kinda of a story from an Oxfordshire pub,

The pub owner tried getting a drink one New Years morning, but his tenant wouldn't let him in, saying they were closed!

So the owner went the two minutes to his own house and drove his JCB back to the pub and continued to wreck the joint, two walls and a roof later he stopped, almost killing the remaing punters.

Needless to say the owner is banned.

Don't know why it reminded of this little anecdote, but both kinda extreme and very funny.

Good Luck

Moss

It just shows that you are probably bored with your life, have very little going on and minimal direction. It could also be that you are unable to intergrate in to the society that you have decided to live amongst and so find yourself drawn ever more to here.

Try living more, it might help.

I started using TV for visa info. I thought the forum was for hosers and sex fiends. Then I signed up for breaking news story email alerts. I still thought the forum was for hosers and sex fiends. One day, I made the fatal error of opening general topics...

I wanted local Vancouver info so found vancouver forum. Omegawd. Racist, sexist, foul-mouthed postings is all you get with a few suicide pleas as punctuation. MODS, what MODS?

TV MODS, on the other hand, are witty, diplomatic superstars with PHDs (riotus applause from fourm members) :o

In my first postings, I was insolent and sullen. Members let me know their thoughts immediatley (TROLL!) I cleaned up my act.

I love getting to know the personalities and how members interact. Much comraderie among the geriatric membership. When I got replies to my first post I was ecstatic. That's also what keeps you coming back for more. A lot of helpful and supportive info here even if it comes with a light punch upside the head.

I am addicted. I read between assignments and even enter as a guest so members think I am just an occasional user. :D Is that like hiding the vodka in the bathroom laundry hamper? I do drink a lot of water. :D

Edited by Jet Gorgon

i started using TV a lot when i badly needed to get a B visa and work permit. I presumed that once I had those, I'd have no more use for TV.

Ironically, I now have a WP and a 12+3 month Type B multiple entry... yet i keep coming back to TV as an addict myself!

i plan to break this habit soon.

will try one step at a time. like one step tonight.

signing off now! bye! (i hope)

It just shows that you are probably bored with your life, have very little going on and minimal direction. It could also be that you are unable to intergrate in to the society that you have decided to live amongst and so find yourself drawn ever more to here.

Try living more, it might help.

Acquiesce, why hold back? tell the OP what you really mean...

ThaiVisa addictive? I don't know what your talking about, I can give it up anytime, it's not a problem, I just need to find out a few things and then I'm knocking it on the head, I'm thinking of doing stuff, you know got big plans and all that, once I give up TV I'll be ok I've got other thbings to do, really I do, theres more to life, I'm telling you it's not a problem, I'm gonna deal with it, I don't need help, who said I need help?... They won't shut it down will they?... I just need to check a few more things... :o

Edited by Robski

ThaiVisa addictive? I don't know what your talking about, I can give it up anytime, it's not a problem, I just need to find out a few things and then I'm knocking it on the head, I'm thinking of doing stuff, you know got big plans and all that, once I give up TV I'll be ok I've got other thbings to do, really I do, theres more to life, I'm telling you it's not a problem, I'm gonna deal with it, I don't need help, who said I need help?... They won't shut it down will they?... I just need to check a few more things... :o

Lithium might work.

Lithium might work.

Isn't that radio-active, JG? what are you trying to do to Robbo? :D

Good Luck

Moss

Your softcore tywais, the Doc is way hardcore. :D

Am I addicted? I guess I am, I needed to get some work done once so I banned myself (true story) I needed another mod to unban me. :D :D

:o

I pop onto thaivisa once in a bluemoon.

It's not bad...

I can't sleep,get clammy hands and cold sweats if i don't get my fix :D

ThaiVisa addictive? I don't know what your talking about, I can give it up anytime, it's not a problem, I just need to find out a few things and then I'm knocking it on the head, I'm thinking of doing stuff, you know got big plans and all that, once I give up TV I'll be ok I've got other thbings to do, really I do, theres more to life, I'm telling you it's not a problem, I'm gonna deal with it, I don't need help, who said I need help?... They won't shut it down will they?... I just need to check a few more things... :D

Lithium might work.

Isn't that radio-active, JG? what are you trying to do to Robbo? :D

Good Luck

Moss

Not THAT lithium, Mossfinn. I would never want to harm Robski, especially because he's probably from a good Ukranian family that grows ganga for salads in the fine town of Vegreville (home of the world's biggest pysanki). I mean THIS lithium:

Lithium is probably still the most popular mood stabilizer for people with idiopathic bipolar disorder and helpful in patients with obsessive compulsive disorder such as that exhibited by TV addicts.

THAT lithium is the chemical Li, atomic number 3:

Lithium is a Group 1 (IA) element containing just a single valence electron (1s22s1). Group 1 elements are called "alkali metals". Lithium is mixed (alloyed) with aluminium and magnesium for light-weight alloys, and is also used in batteries, some greases, some glasses, and in medicine (uhoh, see THIS above).

I dunno, is this key element radioactive?

:o

Jet...you a very smart girl...Hmmmmmm You must have paid attention in Chemistry class... :D

I paid attention too, but I was in cooking class across the hall :D

Thank you for the kind words, TLloyd, but me, smart? :o:D

No, I just do my research. FYI, I got kicked out of high school so I went to university instead. Much easier.

I thought 'hey, thaivisa, I can take it or leave it...' UNTIL A CRUEL, BRUTAL AND BULLYING MODERATOR banned me for a month...no access, not even to look at the posts...

I suffered withdrawal and contemplated mortality...

he has since been forgiven as tutsi is not one to cast the first stone...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

I thought 'hey, thaivisa, I can take it or leave it...' UNTIL A CRUEL, BRUTAL AND BULLYING MODERATOR banned me for a month...no access, not even to look at the posts...

Shoot, Tutsi, why did that MOD let you back on? Did you tell him/her that your estate would file a lawsuit if you did yourself in because of this egregious insult to your fine standup character?

Shoot, Tutsi, why did that MOD let you back on? Did you tell him/her that your estate would file a lawsuit if you did yourself in because of this egregious insult to your fine standup character?

please see edited post...mods, this gorgon woman needs investigatin'...

although I do admire that you were expelled from high school...that is a badge of honor. I kept trying to get expelled meself but well intended teachers kept trying to protect me from the footbal coach hooligan squad...

I was kicked out of Boy Scouts when I was 12...maybe that counts for sumpin'...

Every day, spend hours and hours pouring through the threads. Usually learn something new, find something mildly amusing, or infuriating. I'm a junkie and dont feel right if I miss a day. Maybe I need a life or a hobbie. Is there professional help available :o

Dum-dum-dum another one bites the dust! :D