Swiss man gets bashed after turning off noisy bike

webfact

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say, violence is never the answ....... mmmmm...... I get nasty when I come out of the shop and some guy, unknown to me, is casually sitting on it...... That actually happens.... But I do have a devastating good bike............ Anyway, violence is OK in this situation as long as it isn't a true kicking!

4 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

A response easy to anticipate any country. The guys with noisy bikes are generally overcompensating and likely to be violent.

Transam being an exception of course I am sure he never left his ride rumbling and popping right were everyday folk were conducting business.

Like motorists with sound turned up too loud.   Supposed to be a sign of sexual inadequacy.

The Swiss guy needs to be deported because what other trouble is he going to cause, he does not like noise but he has gone to Pattaya, so now all the bars and music and other normal noise of Pattaya must stop just for him or he will go and turn everything off so it is quiet for him. What a flipstick

1 minute ago, Russell17au said:

simple answer   "NO"  it appears not

1 minute ago, Myshkin said:

According to the name, the accent and the attitude he is Swiss German, the Swiss French and Swiss Italian are much more wiser and tolerant.:stoner: 

I guarantee you I would not be so audacious as to  touch another persons motorbike and turn it off.    wonder though if there were possible other concerns as well besides the noise.    Was there excessive exhaust fumes?    

Whatever transpired between the Swiss fellow and the Bike owner,   the outcome seemed to be a pretty strong reaction.

Thai guy completely overreacted, but I wonder if the the Swiss guy would have had the nerve to open a car door and turn the engine off.  I’ve seen many cars running while numpty has popped to a stall or seven eleven. 

Don’t touch other folks stuff.  Simple!

Just for the record, my lovely sounding exaust and a couple of rev bombs stopped bike-guy selling critter snacks pulling out on me.  Would have been t-bone time otherwise.

1 hour ago, Myshkin said:

According to the name, the accent and the attitude he is Swiss German, the Swiss French and Swiss Italian are much more wiser and tolerant.:stoner: 

Hmmmm, reminds me of sun lounger stuff by the pool in Spain, suit cases reserving the best ones and no human to be seen till after lunch......

5 hours ago, transam said:

In farangland we do have noisy bikes and cars..I had both...:stoner:

Though the bike guy was inconsiderate in this case, NOBODY should interfere with another's transport..

Good for you 

Yes it is very important for buffalo

And on phuket you don't do the bike might have new owner 

Suspect this was a nutter just looking for an excuse to attack someone.  In Europe and US touching someone's bike may be the start of a fight, but in Thailand touching another person bike or car is an everyday occurrence.  Bikes are often parked in tight spaces, so they are moved about to let other bikes out, in car parks you need to leave your parking brake off so it can be moved to let other cars out. 

13 minutes ago, BBJ said:

Thai guy completely overreacted, but I wonder if the the Swiss guy would have had the nerve to open a car door and turn the engine off.  I’ve seen many cars running while numpty has popped to a stall or seven eleven. 

Don’t touch other folks stuff.  Simple!

Just for the record, my lovely sounding exaust and a couple of rev bombs stopped bike-guy selling critter snacks pulling out on me.  Would have been t-bone time otherwise.

Too bad your bike didn’t come with one of those, what are they called... oh yeah - horns. They work for avoiding t-bones too!

32 minutes ago, davidst01 said:

The swiss guy deserves a beating. He is not in the nanny state of Switzerland now. what a tool

No he didn't 'deserve' a beating, no one 'deserves' for something so harmless... He did not escalate a situation by using violence himself. He did however respond without thinking carefully. 

His mistake; he thought it could make a minor protest in an uncivilized country. 

His actions were not violent but 'touching' someone else's property in any country can incite a negative reaction. In countries where the consequences for violence are so insignificant his actions were risky and naive and he paid and unreasonable consequence.

The motorcycles overreaction was extreme and unwarranted but ultimately not understandable on some level.

In a perfect world the motorcycle rider would be considerate of those around him, he would have turned off the motorcycle.

The motorcycle caused the issue with his lack of consideration for others, the foreigner was silly to do what he did, but that does not warrant a beating and those who suggest that this is acceptable behavior are perhaps a little mad. 

22 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Too bad your bike didn’t come with one of those, what are they called... oh yeah - horns. They work for avoiding t-bones too!

You mean those horns that no car driver pays attention to?

A beep while nearly getting side swiped from a car driver that hasn’t figured that both mirror and turn signals are NOT optional extras! 

Doesn’t work, but a rev bomb does.  I’ll stick to not gettin side swiped as I have before and continue with the tried and tested method, thanks.

Unfortunately here, the attititude is lower class bikers on scooters.  But a rev bomb from a bike that costs the same a small car sends a different message in my experience.  Rightly or wrongly it works.  I didn’t create the attitude, I’m using the tools I have to protect myself regardless how obnoxious some might think it is.  

Archived