Swiss man gets bashed after turning off noisy bike

webfact

I saw this happening in Chiang Mai, where one Thai switched off the bike of another Thai guy, took the ignition keys and dropped them down the sewer. 
The owner came back, looked for the (missing) keys and had no clue what really happened. In Bangkok I witnessed a parked bike with a running engine; all of a sudden a bloke shows up, sat on the bike and drove away. Bike owner came out of 7/11 wondering what had happened to his bike. 

Next! 

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ye, don't touch my bike. I am from Liverpool and many years back I was standing at a bar in a pub when this guy from Birmingham came in and asked the bar tender the quickest way to this certain hospital, he had come to visit someone. The bar tender said.

"See that guy over their sitting at the table, Go and pick his pint up."

1 hour ago, ujayujay said:

Don't touch a Thai's Bike, if you're not armed.

Ho ho... ! That serious erh? I would like to modify a paper shopping carrier bag in such a way that I could drop all the specially made nails to puncture those bikes tyres. I will walk and pull a string with my little finger to open the hatch and all those nails drop in a row.

Then I will go to a cafe opposite side to watch the show. It would give me a nice feeling.

7 hours ago, greatwhitenorth said:

Why would you choose to live in a country that you have so little respect for the people?  sounds like grumpy old man talk to me.

No. Just old men trying to give sound advice for the future of Thailand who most of us love. I'm married to a Thai woman and am very happy. But Thailand needs comments from non Thais (Falang) to think about their future in the long term!

What a crude post from a Swiss citizen.  I might remind you that assault is a crime- be it Switzerland or Thailand. Your slap will cost you plenty if done in a Western country and in Thailand- if done to a Thai- you would end up in a hospital. It's not called political correctness- It's called the truth.

18 minutes ago, madusa said:

Ho ho... ! That serious erh? I would like to modify a paper shopping carrier bag in such a way that I could drop all the specially made nails to puncture those bikes tyres. I will walk and pull a string with my little finger to open the hatch and all those nails drop in a row.

Then I will go to a cafe opposite side to watch the show. It would give me a nice feeling.

Sounds all very convoluted

Best/simplest cure for inconsiderate motocyclists

Is a reasonable quality padlock

snap it shut through the brake disc

& leave em to it

3 minutes ago, Regyai said:

Sounds all very convoluted

Best/simplest cure for inconsiderate motocyclists

Is a reasonable quality padlock

snap it shut through the brake disc

& leave em to it

well if you get seen no one would be leaving you to it i can assure you

9 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

Don’t mess with people’s belongings. Fair enough it was noisy but you’re just asking for trouble doing something like this

Maybe an idea to "ask" the owner of the bike especially when you have the status as a visitor...;)

to make the bike noisy is to show off his bike, he likes to show off but the swiss does not know, he may think he helped to turn the bike off. No matter the Swiss was  stupid or not, in a smile friendly country , it is no need to hit someone like that.  It seems now it is a trend hitting foreigner.

Just now, jamesmith said:

to make the bike noisy is to show off his bike, he likes to show off but the swiss does not know, he may think he helped to turn the bike off. No matter the Swiss was  stupid or not, in a smile friendly country , it is no need to hit someone like that.  It seems now it is a trend hitting foreigner.

absolutely not. it's been the same for 20 years. upset a guy by touching their shit or talking bad to them then suffer the consequences. nothings changed really just more seen because of the beloved social media

23 minutes ago, jamesmith said:

The "Swiss" maybe thought he stopped the "clock" by turning the key in between 2 off them...;)

9 hours ago, Norrad said:

Swiss people really seem to hate noise. I had a similar experience with a guy from Switzerland while I was staying at a resort on Samui. I went to pick up a girl who was staying in a bungalow next door to the one a Swiss guy was staying in. I was on my unmodded CBR300 which is not a noisy bike, especially when idling, and the guy shouted at me to turn my f***ing bike off, rushed down and grabbed the front of my helmet and proceeded to try pulling me off my bike. He was about 70 years old, so I didn't get physical with him, but I did verbally lay into him. An American guy in another bungalow also came and let the old coot have a piece of his mind, as apparently the guy would run over to his bungalow and bash on the door and windows if the TV was too loud.

Sounds like the Swiss guy in JomTien Condo that didn't like the Russian neighbors watching noisy Russian TV, and superglued all the locks on their doors, then opened up the fire hose to flood the floor.  He went to the Monkey House for a few weeks, then came back and just hung around watching everybody............freaky, maybe they finally got rid of him, haven't seen him for awhile.

Archived