Hiv

whiteshadow

Why should people not visit thailand, even  if my figures was right ?

Because people have hiv it don't make them dangerous or anything else.. they are just like you and any body else..don't worry..but stay happy :D

You are right..... :D You are only dangerous when you wont admit your mistake!

1 to 2 % of the "normal" population in Thailand are HIV infected. :D

Well i gues it is a little bit more than only 1-2, but okay i maybe went a little bit to far.. in this case..

But we do see television here where i live... :D

Sorry boys and girls... and sleep tight..night.. :o

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because people have hiv it don't make them dangerous or anything else.. they are just like you and any body else..don't worry..but stay happy :D

Well i gues it is a little bit more than only 1-2, but okay i maybe went a little bit to far.. in this case..

A massive misdescription is more apt than your guesses which you state as facts.

A massive misdescription is more apt than your guesses which you state as facts.

But still, Thailand don't aloud people with HIV to enter the kingdom.. ad the reason ? does eny one know the real reason that people with HIV should be treated different..?

Regardless of what the "rules" say, there is no one administering HIV tests at the border, and no one forcing you to have an HIV test to apply for a visa, work permit or residency. In other words, unless you admit to being HIV positive, there is nothing at all to prevent you from coming, staying, and working.

It seems whiteshadow is determined to ignore any facts. Firstly, only a couple percent, if that, of the population is HIV positive. You should apologize for making such outrageous statments. Secondly, you can come here. No one is going to give you an HIV test. All is well.

Okay, if that can make people happy..i'm sorry..for everything i have done..and said :D

But you tell me that i can come to Thailand and live work do what i want to do, but what if thay one day discover hey you are HIV positive.. then it is out of the country ?

I Love Thailand and i Love the people but i don't understand the law about hiv and that makes me sad :o

Recent figures in Phuket testing only a 18 (or 16 ??) - 30 age group of females (surely a massively high risk demographic on a tourist island like Phuket) has shown that HIV+ rates have risen from a little under 1.5% to a little over 2%.. this is a >25% rise and was considered a big increase...

When the rest of the population (lower risk) is factored in I am guessing a 1 - 1.5% infection rate for Phuket would be a reasonable estimate.

To state 85% of people are infected is quite frankly insulting and ill informed.

Thailand-AIDS: Thailand's HIV infection rate slows in 2000

Agence France-Presse - February 7, 2001

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BANGKOK, Feb 7 (AFP) - Thailand's HIV infection rate slowed last year but the spread of the deadly disease among prostitutes increased slightly, the health ministry said Wednesday.

Thailand is facing one of Asia's worst AIDS problems. Of its 60 million population, one million people have been infected so far and 300,000 of them have already died.

Despite the welcome news that efforts to halt the spread of HIV appear to be have been successful, health experts warned the figures may be just a statistical blip.

And they said it is essential that the country's successful awareness and prevention programs are maintained.

The Ministry of Public Health said that random tests performed on blood donors, pregnant women and men attending sexually-transmitted disease clinics last year found that incidence rates had fallen.

Among drug addicts, 47.2 percent were infected compared to 50.8 percent the year before and men being treated for venereal disease reported a 5.9 percent incidence compared to 9.1 percent previously.

In the group of brothel-based prostitutes, however, infection rates rose to 18.5 percent from 16.0 percent.

"It's difficult to say why the statistics are up in some categories and down in others. We plan to launch a study into the reasons," a ministry spokeswoman said.

She said the study also found that only 12,839 new HIV-AIDS patients reported for treatment in hospitals in first six months of 2000, while 22,267 were admitted in the same period the year before.

"However, it's possible that there are more patients who are not going in for treatment," she said.

Regardless of what the "rules" say, there is no one administering HIV tests at the border, and no one forcing you to have an HIV test to apply for a visa, work permit or residency. In other words, unless you admit to being HIV positive, there is nothing at all to prevent you from coming, staying, and working.

It might be nice if you IMMEDIATELY ceased telling people to break the laws of Thailand

Hello, what country does allow people openly HIV+ / AIDS in? It is a deadly disease. Most people and countries can't afford the medications to keep their immune systems strong.

The U.S. requires an HIV test when applying for immigration class visa like the fiance visa.

Hello, what country does allow people openly HIV+ / AIDS in? It is a deadly disease. Most people and countries can't afford the medications to keep their immune systems strong.

The U.S. requires an HIV test when applying for immigration class visa like the fiance visa.

As do most countries.

Whiteshadow: Aids is not singled out by immigration for deportation or denial of admission.

It is only one of most communicable diseases that prevent admisson or permit deportation by the immigration regulations.

SARS, thyphoid, etc. are some of the others.

One could say that HIV is not a communicable disease if one alwasy uses a condom, but then Sars wouldn't be either if the bearer wore a gas mask.

What bothers me more is the situation where one enters the country without the communicable disease and during a long stay, contracts one of the banned communicable disease without ever leaving Thailand and then is deported.

From the Royal Thai Consulate Vancouver http://www.thaicongenvancouver.org/reg.htm

Ministerial Regulation

Number 14 (B.E. 2535)

Issued in accordance with the Immigration Act B.E. 2522

Based on article 5, article 12 (4) and article 44 (2) of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522, the Minister of the Ministry of Interior issued this Ministerial Regulation as follows:

No. 1 Repeal the Ministerial Regulation, number 11 (B.E. 2529), issued in accordance with the Immigration Act B.E. 2522.

No. 2 Diseases in accordance with article 12 (4) are:

(1) Leprosy

(2) Dangerous step of Tuberculosis (T.B.)

(3) Filariasis (Step that causes disgust to the society)

(4) Drug addiction

(5) Third step of Syphilis

No. 3 Diseases in accordance with article 44 (2) are:

(1) Leprosy

(2) Dangerous step of Tuberculosis (T.B.)

(3) Filariasis

(4) Drug addiction

(5) Alcoholism

(6) Third step of Syphilis

Given on 20th February B.E. 2535

General Issaraphong Nunphakdee

Minister of the Ministry of Interior

Note: The reason for issuing this Ministerial Regulation is that at present, the situation concerning AIDS has changed immensely. Prevention of infected aliens or those who are HIV positive into or to reside in the Kingdom has no effect on the spread of this disease within the nation. Thus, AIDS should not be set as a disease for prohibiting aliens infected with such disease to travel into or to reside in the Kingdom as in accordance with the articles 12 (4) and 44 (2) of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522.

QUOTE (CTM @ Sun 2004-05-16, 03:33:51)

As do most countries.

not the uk. i believe you will be treated free of charge by the uk national health service if you enter the uk and tell them you have hiv and cannot get treated in your home country. this is starting to cause budgeting problems in the nhs as more and more foriegners come to the uk purely for free medical treatment.

Does this mean that all those Thais with HIV who travel abroad would not be readmitted to the country if Immigration were aware of their condition? What would happen to them? :o

Does this mean that all those Thais with HIV who travel abroad would not be readmitted to the country if Immigration were aware of their condition? What would happen to them?

As taxexile said if they end up in the U.K. would be given accomodation and a giro book.

In the U.K we have a post code lottery on some health treatments multiple sclerosis being one of them. this degenerative disease can sometimes be put in remission with a drug I think called Inerferon B.

A young friend of mine who suffers from this dreadful disease won't get that luxury of finding out as the health authority where he lives won't pay for it but all health authorities will fund HIV or AIDS treatment.

As an aside diabetics until HIV became endemic were supplied insulin free but had to buy the syringes so when the government started giving them to smackheads free the graciously started giving them free to diabetics as well.

Remember you will never see a fat smackhead down at weightwatchers.

As do most countries.

not the uk. i believe you will be treated free of charge by the uk national health service if you enter the uk and tell them you have hiv and cannot get treated in your home country. this is starting to cause budgeting problems in the nhs as more and more foriegners come to the uk purely for free medical treatment.

The countries who allow foregin people with HIV or HIV+..aids to enter the border is following..

Denmark, Sweden, Germany, U.K., Spain, Vietnam, Cambodia , Jamaica, Brasil, Aruba, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Belgium, Albania, Angola, Afghanistan, BArbados, Botswana, Burkina , Burundi, Came, roon, Cape Verde ISlands, Chad, Congo, Croatia, Czeh Republic, Djibouti, Eritrea, Estonie, Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gambia, Grenada, Guinea Bissau, Honduras, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Laos, Lesotho, Liberia, Liechenstein, Luxembourg, Macadonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar (Burma), Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippnes, Poland, Portugal, Rumania, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Singapore ( only if you earn more than $ 1250 pr. month ), Slovak Republic, Somalia, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Tuvala, Vanuatu, Vatican City, Venezuela,Zambia, Zimbanwe.

All those countrys welcome you.. with our any problem.

Since 1997 whre the combination medication arrived are no one died of Aids in the Western part of the world, if people remember to take the drugs then it is impossible to be HIV + and therefore also impoosible to get AIDS, so any one who say they are afraid of people who have HIV that is people who don't know what they are talking about.. or maybe need to read more about HIV to understand the situation.

In the Western part of Europe the Doctors say, HIV can you compare with diabetes take your drugs and you can live as other people if you don't take it you get sick..and..> die !

So dear friends before you say people with HIV are dangeruous then read about it..thanks..have a nice day :o

Does this mean that all those Thais with HIV who travel abroad would not be readmitted to the country if Immigration were aware of their condition? What would happen to them? :o

As far as i know, then in Europe and my own country there is many girls from Thailand who enter the borders up here and get help and permission to stay and marry a man in the country even that they are HIV positive, HIV are not like in the 80's where peole died after two years now peopel live a normal life ( if they remember to eat the medication ) as other peoples, so why should europe not help people from Thailand or other countrys.. we do help..!

We don't say if you are HIV + then you cannot get permission to stay..as other countrys say.

As do most countries.

I think it is okay that people come and want to get help in europe, remeber you never know when it is yourself who maybe get HIV or anything else..you never know and can never be sure, if you tell me that you or any one else never ever have be'n in bed with another person with out condom.. then i know you are lying, it is our nature to make Love with eachother and it is not always we think twice and shit happends.

You never know when it is your turn, but if you make Love to a person who are HIV positive and is on medication so the virus in very very low then the chance that you get HIV is also very low.. :o

whiteshadow, i am not saying people with hiv should not get treatment, but so long as some countries allow entry and others dont,and so long as the drug companies charge very high prices for the drugs until they are out of "copyright" or whatever it is called, then the cost burden on countries like the uk whos health service,already struggling to provide basic care to uk citizens, is now expected to care for literally thousands of people just turning up at the border and saying you cant send me back i've got hiv and need treatment, is just too high and is resulting in cutbacks for necessary treatment for its own citizens who actually pay taxes to fund the system. this leads to resentment against those people with hiv,tb,etc. and a rise in racism in the uk as the government is seen as putting the priorities of foriegners before those of its own citizens.

this is no good for anybody.

i dont know what the answer is, but its about time the drug giants looked at this whole problem from a moral rather than a business stance.

OK I get it you think Thailand's policy on this is unfair. Is there some other point?

YES Pepe, i think Thailand is very very unfair to people with HIV, Thailand say if you have HIV then we don't want you here in our country, but Thailand think is is okay if Thai People go to europe and get medication and help amd a better life..do you follow me..? :o

whiteshadow, i am not saying people with hiv should not get treatment, but so long as some countries allow entry and others dont,and so long as the drug companies charge very high prices for the drugs until they are out of "copyright" or whatever it is called, then the cost burden on countries like the uk whos health service,already struggling to provide basic care to uk citizens, is now expected to care for literally thousands of people just turning up at the border and saying you cant send me back i've got hiv and need treatment, is just too high and is resulting in cutbacks for necessary treatment for its own citizens who actually pay taxes to fund the system. this leads to resentment against those people with hiv,tb,etc. and a rise in racism in the uk as the government is seen as putting the priorities of foriegners before those of its own citizens.

i dont know what the answer is, but its about time the drug giants looked at this whole problem from a moral rather than a business stance.

I do undeerstand you, but still all people with HIV should have help no matter wich country they are coming from, i am also from Europe and there is not any country wich is more exspensive than my country not even U.K. so now you proberly know where i am from.

We have the drugs so why not help people..?

There is cheap medication on the market from India but they can only sell to countrys from the 3 world.. :o

I have to disagree with you on this one.

The UK taxpayer does pretty well out of HIV treatment.

GlaxoSmithKline probably pays out more in corporation taxes than it costs the NHS to treat people with HIV.

GlaxoSmithKline probably pays out more in corporation taxes than it costs the NHS to treat people with HIV.

"probably" is the relevant word there , we dont know how much they pay, so i cant say yes or no.

I do undeerstand you, but still all people with HIV should have help no matter wich country they are coming from,

is someone suffering from hiv more worthy of treatment than someone with breast cancer? what is so special about aids, if we take in aids patients then why shouldnt we take in heart patients from all over the world,or cancer patients from countries where threatment standards are not up to european standards.

your ideas and wishes, whilst admirable are just not practical

is someone who needs treatment for a brain tumour who has paid taxes on the understanding from their government that they will be taken care of when sick entitled to be upset when someone from another country who has never paid taxes takes the last hospital bed available?

would you give up the hospital bed that your child is in being treated for leukaemia in order that a total stranger from another country who has no moral entitlement to treatment there wants that bed in order that he/she may obtain treatment?

i'm afraid i subscribe to the view that charity begins at home.

aids is one of a hundred diseases around these days, it is neither more deserving or less deserving of treatmentm than any other, but the ways of the world have never been based on fairness and probably never will. it's impossible. but the hospitals of the uk cannot open their doors to the worlds sick and treat them for free, not whilst, for example,heart patients are having to wait 6 months to see a doctor,and another 3 months to get treatment.

the country doesn't have the resources.

"probably" is the relevant word there , we dont know how much they pay, so i cant say yes or no.

I do undeerstand you, but still all people with HIV should have help no matter wich country they are coming from,

is someone suffering from hiv more worthy of treatment than someone with breast cancer? what is so special about aids, if we take in aids patients then why shouldnt we take in heart patients from all over the world,or cancer patients from countries where threatment standards are not up to european standards.

your ideas and wishes, whilst admirable are just not practical

is someone who needs treatment for a brain tumour who has paid taxes on the understanding from their government that they will be taken care of when sick entitled to be upset when someone from another country who has never paid taxes takes the last hospital bed available?

would you give up the hospital bed that your child is in being treated for leukaemia in order that a total stranger from another country who has no moral entitlement to treatment there wants that bed in order that he/she may obtain treatment?

i'm afraid i subscribe to the view that charity begins at home.

aids is one of a hundred diseases around these days, it is neither more deserving or less deserving of treatmentm than any other, but the ways of the world have never been based on fairness and probably never will. it's impossible. but the hospitals of the uk cannot open their doors to the worlds sick and treat them for free, not whilst, for example,heart patients are having to wait 6 months to see a doctor,and another 3 months to get treatment.

the country doesn't have the resources.

Well,this is not about only hospital and medication, if you start reading from the beginning 4 pages, then you know what it is all about.

And HIV is nothin anymore if people get the medication they live as long as you and everybody else..

Good night.

Whiteshadow,

Thailand is a Buddhist country. What better place to remember that all life is suffering. believe it or not. Anyway that's core to the philosophy.

I understand. You want fair play and justice. Did you ever think that this world may be the wrong place to look for it?

Whiteshadow,

Thailand is a Buddhist country. What better place to remember that all life is suffering. believe it or not. Anyway that's core to the philosophy.

I understand. You want fair play and justice. Did you ever think that this world may be the wrong place to look for it?

Fair play and justice, well that is maybe asking for to much and not you or me or any one else can get justice but what we do can is to help with understanding a little bit so people open the eyes and one day look at people with HIV from another wiev what else can we do :o

Not so. A person with HIV + is not permitted to enter Thailand.

I would like to know what you base this statement on? Do you have the text of the regulation?

Everything that I have been able to find on the web, clearly states otherwise. The regulations are available on both the Los Angeles and Vancouver Consulate sites. I posted them here in an earlier message.

So where does your information come from?

• Like 1