Pattaya Baht Bus

Davai

5 minutes ago, Pattaya28 said:

3 months at 10 baht a ride.

1 random ride 20 baht.  OK. It's not a scam. 

3 months at 10 baht gave 50% discount each ride for no reason. :cheesy:

OK, I'm listening. Coming from Jomtien, 

where do you generally get off in North Pattaya?

If it's right after Pattaya Klang, it doesn't count.

Can you estimate approximately HOW MANY rides in total you took in those 3 months?

Thank you. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most times when I get off by Central Marina shopping I only pay 10 baht, there have been times when I've walked quickly away to circumvent any possible feedback.  Out of the dozens of times, there have been probably a handful of times the driver has asked for 20 baht.  

There was a time when the driver did get hostile with me at Central Festival and demanded 20 baht which I paid.  I then took a picture of his truck as he was pulling away.  He got back out waving his arms and shouting "fare gone up!".  I just shook my head and walked away.  I posted this a couple of years ago here.

In Bangkok where fares even Songthaews fares are regulated you only get fixed fare no matter the ride, but some might be in odd number like 16 or 18 baht, but they normally only travel up and down the one soi

the non-round number for the fare is probably  due to moderate increase each time... if we had that in Pattaya maybe another complaint might be that another group of people is annoyed at the small change they get from Baht bus, and 3-7 baht is not worth anything 'back home'

Most times when I get off by Central Marina shopping I only pay 10 baht, there have been times when I've walked quickly away to circumvent any possible feedback.  Out of the dozens of times, there have been probably a handful of times the driver has asked for 20 baht.  

There was a time when the driver did get hostile with me at Central Festival and demanded 20 baht which I paid.  I then took a picture of his truck as he was pulling away.  He got back out waving his arms and shouting "fare gone up!".  I just shook my head and walked away.  I posted this a couple of years ago here.

Glad you mentioned that. As I've said before I'm confident that over 99% of drivers will accept 10 baht from Jomtien to Central. So I'm sure any of them demanding 20 are scammers. So in such very rare instances I have just ignored them and walked away. They know they're scamming so very unlikely they'll push it.
I can't say the same thing to North Pattaya road. If they demand I strongly suggest paying and without any lip either.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 06/12/2017 at 6:16 PM, Jingthing said:

OK, I'm listening. Coming from Jomtien, 

where do you generally get off in North Pattaya?

If it's right after Pattaya Klang, it doesn't count.

Can you estimate approximately HOW MANY rides in total you took in those 3 months?

Thank you. 

Zero rides.

I quoting what the OP has said.

11 hours ago, Pattaya28 said:

Zero rides.

I quoting what the OP has said.

Thanks for the clarification.

Yes, most definitely, the correct fare from Jomtien to Central Festival is TEN baht. People can pay that correct fare to there with confidence. Of course if you ask questions or want change, anything can happen. 

On 06/12/2017 at 8:34 PM, Roger Lee said:

Similar situation with me 

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Report : Happy New Year everyone 

On Monday after new year I've got a spraint ankle again so I decided yo go to look for as pharmacy in the city 

Baht bus arrive the driver saw me limping and offered me to sit with him on the front. 

A very nice driver he keepp on talking about Thailand and himself 

He told me he made thb 15k + on new year Eve,  I asked him today many people no bus,  he said because most of the drivers are drunk and made a lot of money so they skip work the next day hahah 

Since he can speak with English well i asked him why he can speak good English he said he was working as a private driver for a wealthy Australian businessman 10 years ago 

Anyway I decided to ask him a very important question. 

Q : why sometimes driver ask me 20 to 60 baht go central marinade or any place 

A: Driver no good he think you tourist,  all driver see foreigner as tourist big money and try cheating them.  Many farang pay 20 baht if farang wait for change driver give 10 baht, if farang go driver take 20baht 

Q:How much is price from Jomtien to central marina? 

A:All price same 10baht 

Q: why somwtimea driver not follow route ?

Answer : driver very lazy 

I hope this information is valuable 

In the end there is nobody in the back seat anymore he offered me if I want to go to Banglamung hospital I said yes why not. I asked him how much he replied Up To You 

I arrived at the hospital gate he asked the security guard to get a wheel chair for me 

Because of his kindness amd very helpful I gave him 100 baht,  and he thank me 

On 29/11/2017 at 7:20 AM, keithpa said:

I always pay 50, I get a big smile and a thank you. 50 is nothing to a farang the means a lot to a baht bus driver. Perhaps I only do it for selfish reasons, it makes me feel good about myself.

Would have thought there would be a better causes around Pattaya to donate 40B to than the local mafia. 

1 hour ago, keithpa said:

The Italians dont run ;the baht buses.

The Mafia is not an exclusive Italian Club...

I am sure anyone in authority who proposes clamping down on the Bhat Busses or Pattaya Meter Taxi's should be prepared to share their bed with a horses head    ...or worse.

• 3 weeks later...

I boarded a baht bus yesterday from jomtien and I was the only one in then a group of passenger stop the bus asking for a direction to the Big Budha driver said 200 baht,  they boarded the bus. Driver drove fast direct to the  big budha in pratamnak,  the Russian family alighted and paid 200 baht off goes the bus continue towards, picking up normal passenger,  then I stopped at central festival,  I gave him 10 baht he said,  we went to big budha dropping the tourist and because of that he wants 40 baht from me because he said good sign seeing,  I smiled at him and said Chair yen yen you very sanook,  hahaha he was clueless and I left him only 10 baht he keep on calling me Mr Mr 40 baht I ignore and on my way waiving at him smiling and bye bye 

21 minutes ago, Davai said:

I boarded a baht bus yesterday from jomtien and I was the only one in then a group of passenger stop the bus asking for a direction to the Big Budha driver said 200 baht,  they boarded the bus. Driver drove fast direct to the  big budha in pratamnak,  the Russian family alighted and paid 200 baht off goes the bus continue towards, picking up normal passenger,  then I stopped at central festival,  I gave him 10 baht he said,  we went to big budha dropping the tourist and because of that he wants 40 baht from me because he said good sign seeing,  I smiled at him and said Chair yen yen you very sanook,  hahaha he was clueless and I left him only 10 baht he keep on calling me Mr Mr 40 baht I ignore and on my way waiving at him smiling and bye bye 

Chair yen yen?

50 minutes ago, Davai said:

That's a new one even to me. I've been detoured before like that, of course, it's very annoying, but even demanding 20 baht getting off at Central Pattaya Beach is extremely rare, like less than 1 percent chance. What a funny driver! You were right to ignore him.

23 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That's a new one even to me. I've been detoured before like that, of course, it's very annoying, but even demanding 20 baht getting off at Central Pattaya Beach is extremely rare, like less than 1 percent chance. What a funny driver! You were right to ignore him.

Not sure but it may be Russian humour.

Archived