Coloured Songteow Routes

Konini

Breaking my self imposed exile here, 'cos I need a bit of advice.

Lease is almost up and we want to move to a house, preferably a basic one where we can get a long term lease and get it the way we want it to be, the money spent will be the money we save on rent in a not so perfect house.  Six months first of course to make sure we don't have the neighbours from hell or the local dog squad appearing every night. I've been doing a bit of hunting on the internet and there are plenty of such houses, 10,000 baht and under which could be ideal if I can get the owner to agree to a 10+ year lease, but the thing is we would like to be within walking distance, say 1km, of one of the coloured songtoew routes.  I've searched and google hasn't come up with anything.

Does such a map exist?  Also, a couple of years ago someone posted a map here of areas that are prone to flooding - have searched and can't find that either.

Will much appreciate any help. And would it be a good idea to approach a real estate agent and pay them to find and negotiate on our behalf?

Open - wide open.  Most of the ones we have been looking at online have been Saraphi (want close to the CM-Lampang road because we know white(?) trucks use that road), San Sai, Mae Rim and Mae Jo.  Haven't looked at Sankanpeng because we don't know which direction the (blue) trucks go, and I don't know what goes where to Doi Saket if anything so haven't looked there. Just want something a bit run down that we can make into a nice home on a secure lease. Hang Dong seems to be very busy.

We're really open to anywhere as long as we don't get airport/plane noise and we can get transport.  We have a motorbike, but I'm unable to drive (medically), and I don't really want to be dependant on Mr K every time I want to go somewhere.  If he wants a good night out, as he often does at weekends during the football season, he can ride into town and check into a cheap guesthouse and come back the following day.

If asking fails, we're going to have to follow one (or go for a ride) to check them out. Asking is more attractive.......

23 minutes ago, Genericnic said:

@Konini This is not a map but it does list the songtaeow routes. Might be of some help.

Thank you - I didn't realise that the yellows went to so many places.  I think maybe we'll have to put aside a couple of days next week and go for rides.  There are also the buses that go to Chiang Dao, Fang and other such places, I assume that they go along the 1001.

32 minutes ago, elektrified said:

As far as flooding goes, many parts of Saraphi are prone to flooding. Same with Nong Hoi. Sansai even flooded about 5 years ago but that was unusual.

Have you considered using Uber instead of a songtaew? It is much more comfortable and very inexpensive.

Thanks - I suppose anywhere near the river is a risk.  Not sure about the availability of Uber and Grab out in the wilds, I know that they're great in town, but going a way out of town might be an issue - anyone have any experiences with either of them?