Military ‘has nothing to do with politics’: Prawit

webfact

1 hour ago, Sid Celery said:

It's inevitable. Promotion is based on years served and who your patron is (that is, whose backside you've been brown-nosing and who you've been passing brown envelopes to throughout your career).. Salary for life no matter how senile you get, and room at the trough for your snout. Grace and favour house for life if you're an old queen with appetittes, and a constant flow of younger, nubile aides de camp to keep your inclinations well satisfied. One of the reasons there is so much corruption in the armed forces; so many snouts to feed and selling army weapons and equipment on the black market will only go so far.

Yep if i had my choice again Sid i want to be a general in the Thai army 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

Yep if i had my choice again Sid i want to be a general in the Thai army 

Seems sensible. Lotsa money, no work, don't have to study, don't have to be smart.

On the downside, you'd have to brown-nose a lot of people before you find your sponsor. While a grunt, you'd have to do the gardening for a bunch of spoiled Mrs General brats.

And the kickings you'd get from the psychopathic non-coms... doesn't even bear thinking about.

In short, being a Thai is no picnic in the park whatever you do. Good job the weather's good eh?

21 minutes ago, Sid Celery said:

Seems sensible. Lotsa money, no work, don't have to study, don't have to be smart.

On the downside, you'd have to brown-nose a lot of people before you find your sponsor. While a grunt, you'd have to do the gardening for a bunch of spoiled Mrs General brats.

And the kickings you'd get from the psychopathic non-coms... doesn't even bear thinking about.

In short, being a Thai is no picnic in the park whatever you do. Good job the weather's good eh?

But at the end of the rain bow You turn 40 happy days Hey when i was a n apprentice i got all the crappy jobs but there was no end of the rainbow for me

7 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

Sid the Thai Army has  660 Generals  Not bad hey ? Maybe that is why they have so many coups They just get bored 

Only? I read of around 1700 (incl equivalent ranks in the navy and air force)? Is there any reliable source about it?