Thai Embassy In Singapore

Hi,

I travel to Singapore on Monday to get my B Visa, heard conflicting stories about the staff there.

My last B Visa was issued in the UK with no problems, however since then i have left my previous employers and handed my work permit in within the 7 day deadline.

What papers will the Thai embassy need in Singapore to issue me my B Visa, as in the UK a letter from my prospective employer sufficed.

Also, we will be staying in "Marina", does anyine know how far away this is from the Thai embassy there?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Angie :o

I never went to the Singapore embassy, all the 'news' only from in here, so better I do not comment further, although I would imagine, you need the usual application and especially a letter from a Thai company. Subsequently up to the mercy there.

Marina, believe Marina Square where hotels like Marina Mandarin, Pan Pacific are located? My Singapore friends would say, far away lah...

Make it 10 min by taxi over to Orchard Road.

Don't forget, rush hour-traffic in Singapore is similar to 3:00 a.m. - traffic in Bangkok.

Good luck and post again how your reception was at the embassy.

Royal Thai Embassy

370 Orchard Rd

Singapore 238870

6737 2644

6732 0778 Fax

Use to have a web site ... but can't find it today ...

Or is it this one ? http://www.thaiembsingapore.org

Marina to the Thai Embassy : 10-15 minutes by taxi, you could take the MRT, and walk a little bit.

Where it is : Royal Thai Embassy Here

what paper you need to bring for a B Visa : Call them !

At the embassy, Smile, they won't bite !

Thanks,

Dr, By the book do you mean, letter from Thai company offering employment, VAT returns and accounts, or just the letter?

Much appreciated.

Angie

Take as much as you can. They can be pedantic. Make sure that the seal of the Thai company is on the letter.

Spoke to the Embassy in Singapore yesterday, they where really helpful.

Just incase anyone is interested, for B Visa there you need letter from Company, Company registration papers, your passport and 1 photo and of course 85 Sing$.

Going on Monday for 3 days, will let you know!!!!!!!

Just to let you all know,

I arrived back today from Singapore with my Non B Visa.

Was dreading it after all the hype on here.

They where great, 5 minutes queing to submitt, went back next day at 2 o'clock, and picked it up.

No hassels whatsoever.

the staff where really friendly too.

It has been said time and time again on this forum.

DRESS SMART AND BE POLITE, not much to ask!!!!!

Angie

• 2 weeks later...
The multiple entry number would have been more of a challenge.

Are these even available from the Thai embassy in Singapore? Last time I obtained a non-immigrant 'B' visa from them (admittedly a few years ago), they did not offer the multiple-entry variety. If one wanted more than a single entry, one needed to pay for each entry required, up to six entries if my memory serves.

• 2 years later...

Been searching for updated news on M visa from Thai Embassy in Singapore.

Does anyone have any recent news? How long does a visa take to be issued? If I go there in the morning for application- is it still next day to pick-up?

Hopefully there are no public hols anywhere next week (26-30 June 06) - as I need to get this as quickly as possible in Singapore in order to get back to BKK and deal with the bureacracy.

Cheers! :o

Been searching for updated news on M visa from Thai Embassy in Singapore.

Does anyone have any recent news? How long does a visa take to be issued? If I go there in the morning for application- is it still next day to pick-up? Yes, you are right, it's still the same for pick up time and date.

Hopefully there are no public hols anywhere next week (26-30 June 06) - as I need to get this as quickly as possible in Singapore in order to get back to BKK and deal with the bureacracy. If I'm right, no public holiday in the month of june.

Cheers! :o

Edited by Thaising

• 3 weeks later...