Isaan Love Triangle: Thai Men Found Lacking By Farang-Loving Women

webfact

Isaan Love Triangle: Thai Men Found Lacking By Farang-Loving Women

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

hed-2-696x544.jpg  

Surin net idol Supawadee Lailani Bouteleux and her French husband, Dimitri Bouteleux. Photo: Jessica Difford / Facebook

Sure, there’s a Robert and a Gerhardt living down that dusty Khon Kaen road with their Phim and Tukta. But how does the local Somchai – possily Tukta’s ex – feel about their union?

While men in Isaan assume women there marry foreigners for their money, the women say they are motivated by how farang men care for their families. Either way, while there are relatively few such marriages, they are challenging assumptions about masculinity in the Thai northeast and diminishing men’s marital prospects.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2017/11/30/isaan-love-triangle-thai-men-found-lacking-farang-loving-women/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-11-30

11 minutes ago, atyclb said:

the french guy is actually handsome, slim and young. what does he see in her ????????????

Because she tells him he is handsome man and good body and look young mak.  Law of probabilities that someone has to be right eventually.

Edited by Tilacme
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

The usual bunch of comments from TV readers who don't, or perhaps cannot, read as evidenced by boorish and meaningless commentary.
Perhaps it is just too much trouble to click the link?
Here is a precis for you. 
The article is written by a Thai woman, who admits it is a largely anecdotal account from informal chats and interviews.
The problem with Issan Thai men, according to the article, is that many have a habit of not being faithful or of supporting their wives/families, while many western men have been raised to do so. Money is an advantage but not the main focus.

Were you looking for intelligent life or entertainment ?

• Haha 1

I'm sure it is not all one way traffic, I know of a couple of Farang guys that were a little more into partying and drink than playing happy families with their wives. Had money aplenty too, but the the marriage hit the rocks, as the lady said, it isn't all about money.

56 minutes ago, ryane66 said:

There are two totally different types of Isaan women in Isaan with faring husbands. Those previously working in Pattaya or the likes and returning with their farang husband. And those from Isaan that were usually previously married to a Thai man. What the author is describing l think is mainly the second group. Many in this group are educated and come from a good family. They can be teachers, lawyers, nurses, business ladies. Most are looking for a stable happy life. They are tired of the Thai males attitude. My partner is in this group and on a regular basis friends and work mates are asking her to find them a faring boyfriend/husband. 

And, where exactly did the second type of women meet their farang partner ?

Let me guess........................ the internet. Same, same, and not different. 

• Confused 1

My experience (with two Isaan ladies), found them enslaved by their families who were enslaved by the local mafia (i.e., in debt).  The ladies were compromised and in constant conflict but did their damned best to satisfy everyone else's needs but their own. Both situations had no remedy, so I bailed after losing AUD > $60,000 --- that was 15-16 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Farang son-in-laws, on the other hand, are expected neither to cheat nor shy from financial responsibility for their Thai wives – even if they first arrived in Thailand as sex tourists.

“A woman married to a Chinese man will always be seen as the secondary provider, no matter how much she earns financially. Therefore, Chinese men see themselves as having the right to have extramarital affairs because they have responsibly provided for their main household,” Patcharin said. “Their cheating behavior is different from Thai men, who neither stay faithful to their wives nor provide for their families.”

“While farang men have shown themselves willing to change how they displayed their masculinity, changing from sex tourists to good son-in-laws, Isaan men have not, making them less desirable as marriage partners to local women,” Patcharin concluded.

In short. "Sex tourist Dingdong Farang" is the better husband because the Thai women can have a Gik Mia Farang, lose a lot of money in gambling, and the whole family will have cash, including Somchai Gik.

Money is closing their eyes, ears, and mouths, but opens their hearts. 

Attached photo from the original story is the best example why Thai women need a Gik Mia Farang.

Farang.jpg

Edited by jenny2017
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I know more than a few mid 20's to late 30's, very attractive, educated Thai women in Chiang Mai who swear they will never have anything to do with a Thai man ever again.  And from what they've told my Thai wife of over 9 years, most of their friends feel the same way.  It's got to be a farang, or nothing.