BBJ

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 12/1/2017 at 9:37 AM, JonnyF said:

Thanks for the pics. That 2018 Fatboy looks awesome (not really into HD but credit where it's due) but 1,629,000 Baht?

They're about 650,000 in the US. That's crazy pricing.

What's the price in US got to do with prices here?

2 hours ago, bheard said:

Great pics BBJ!
Last time I went to the show there were 'pretties' draping themselves all over the bikes.
Can't see even one in your pics.
Are they a thing of the past?

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The government don't like it. But it's ok for 10 poor girls to get killed in the back of a truck. 

3 hours ago, ajahnlau said:

What's the price in US got to do with prices here?

It highlights the amount that HD are overpricing their products in Thailand. Other imports are nowhere near 2.5 times the price so it appears HD are fleecing their customers. If you are considering one of their bikes in Thailand, it’s useful to know you are getting ripped off.

Why is it NOT relevant? Unless you are a brand loyal fanboy that is happy to get screwed by the HD corporation because you love the HD image.

8 hours ago, bheard said:

Great pics BBJ!
Last time I went to the show there were 'pretties' draping themselves all over the bikes.
Can't see even one in your pics.
Are they a thing of the past?

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I was at the press event.  The girls tend not to be there unless it's a manufacturer announcement and the doors being open to the public.  I usually ask them to stand to one side, politely of course, which they don't like.  Photos are ok.  All snaps from my Sony action camera.  Thanks though.

Edited by BBJ

On 12/3/2017 at 3:54 PM, JaiLai said:

Dunno about anyone else that's visited but all the so called 'hotties' were a funny looking bunch, way too plastic, very bad look IMO.

Always preferred women myself.  Other than the plastic look, they've certainly toned the clothing down a little.

On 12/1/2017 at 9:37 AM, JonnyF said:

Thanks for the pics. That 2018 Fatboy looks awesome (not really into HD but credit where it's due) but 1,629,000 Baht?

They're about 650,000 in the US. That's crazy pricing.

Harley will produce in Thailand. If you can wait, they will be a lot cheaper.

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

It highlights the amount that HD are overpricing their products in Thailand. Other imports are nowhere near 2.5 times the price so it appears HD are fleecing their customers. If you are considering one of their bikes in Thailand, it’s useful to know you are getting ripped off.

Why is it NOT relevant? Unless you are a brand loyal fanboy that is happy to get screwed by the HD corporation because you love the HD image.

Take it easy, the prices are due to import taxes and excise tax. Most of the Japanese bike makers, as well as Ducati, assemble their bikes in Thailand, which leads to lower taxes. Ducati produces here for the world market and only imports the engine and gearbox, AFIK.

11 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Well said

2 minutes ago, luis888 said:

nothing, the guy is just pointing out what a rip off bike prices are in Thailand

Actually not all brands. The Japanese bikes are not too overpriced now, maybe 20 or 30% over US prices (if imported) depending on the model. European brands are a bit more as they don’t have the asean agreement but Ducati have found their way around that by assembling here. An s1000rr at 7xxxxx baht is a lot but isn’t too offensive.

Then you have HD Fatboy. 1,6xx,xxx Baht. Clearly overcharging.

I think he was trying to use the old “we are not in the US” argument. Of course we all know that, but there is still no justification for a 1.6 million price tag for that bike. Import taxes or not, it’s a pisstake just on price, before you even get into the technical flaws of HD. A lot of Americans think they’re overpriced at 650000 baht.

Obviously if you drink at the local hog bar every night then you need one to fit in with The Bros, but that doesn’t mean their overpricing is irrelevant.

I’m in the market for an MV Agusta Dragster RR but I’m still coming to terms with the 1mil฿ price tag. 

Huge Ducati fan but the Streetfighter has been discontinued and the Monster just doesn’t do it for me unfortunately. 

Seriously considering a Z900 for price and ease of servicing.

An absolutely wasted use of a topic which might have had relevance to Expats in the market for a new bike/scooter.  I'll bet that over 90% of the readers/viewers of this post have no intention, nor the funds to purchase these types of bikes you photographed.  We are living in Thailand for Gods sake and using these bikes in the ity only or on the highways is just plain idiotic.  Unless of course your bike is a reflection of your manhood or lack thereof.  Not enough photos of the "Pretties" as one person wrote, go online and pleasure yourself you pathetic earsling.

39 minutes ago, idman said:

An absolutely wasted use of a topic which might have had relevance to Expats in the market for a new bike/scooter.  I'll bet that over 90% of the readers/viewers of this post have no intention, nor the funds to purchase these types of bikes you photographed.  We are living in Thailand for Gods sake and using these bikes in the ity only or on the highways is just plain idiotic.  Unless of course your bike is a reflection of your manhood or lack thereof.  Not enough photos of the "Pretties" as one person wrote, go online and pleasure yourself you pathetic earsling.

Why do people continue with the ‘extension of your manhood’ opinion when discussing anything more than a 50cc scooter?

personally I’m not trying to make up for anything. I appreciate quality machinery and the improved handling and build quality that comes with that. 

I’m a a large person (height & build) and I’m quite comfortable with the size of my manlihood and find it I’m trying to impress someone I feel I need much more than a bike to do so.

As for the pretties, I as actually enjoying a picture thread minus the plastic and fake tarts. I can see girl, naked or clothed, modified or not, every single god damn day in Thailand. This is a unique event showing new model bikes that we don’t get to see every day. 

Don’t you guys get sick of constantly having to see and talk about girls, something that is constantly on tap here?

Relevane? I do believe he’s not attempting to assist anyone in finding a new scooter he’s just taking some pics of some great looking bikes for everyone’s enjoyment 

6 hours ago, idman said:

Someone got out of the wrong side of the bed,BTW I have a cb500x :passifier:

8 hours ago, idman said:

I'll bet that over 90% of the readers/viewers of this post have no intention, nor the funds to purchase these types of bikes you photographed.  We are living in Thailand for Gods sake and using these bikes in the ity only or on the highways is just plain idiotic.

You sound remarkably like my 84 year old mother...she doesn't like 'real' bikes either

And you have missed the point entirely...

tumblr_lubvpphJgJ1qivwxbo1_400.jpg

No, this is great.  Thanks for the report/photos.

I haven't been able to get there myself and there are very limited dealers for these bikes where I live so it's great to see what's available and plan for my next purchase.