Pack of Thai men on bikes "hired" to assault Kazakh guide in brazen Pattaya attack

snoop1130

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 04/12/2017 at 9:16 AM, whitemouse said:

Yes yes, dirty beaches and bad roads, nailed it! Traffic, you forgot traffic.

My (single guy, under 85) fun things to do in Pattaya? You know, I can't even come up with anything off the top of my head lol. Mini golf, maybe?

If you want to you can also join the 'buffet scrum' I'm not sure of the rules yet so I still only spectate.

LINE_MOVIE_1504672077730.mp4

10 hours ago, overherebc said:

If you want to you can also join the 'buffet scrum' I'm not sure of the rules yet so I still only spectate.

LINE_MOVIE_1504672077730.mp4

Guys half your age are enjoying Pattaya every day and every  night, Pattaya never closes.

Circumstances prevent you from participating,  I can only guess, but easy to guess, because the reasons of Pattaya haters don't vary much:

1. Wife ordered you to move to sticks, and keeps you there. This is by far the most common reason for unfortunate inhabitants of expats in  North East to despise Pattaya. Pattaya is a constant reminder that there is life out there, that it is possible to live your life to the fullest all the way to your 70s, 80s.  

2. Money. As pensions dry up, baht keeps being strong, expats can't no longer afford to live in Pattaya. They did live here in Pattaya for decades, being forced to move to North, or Cambodia, or, the true tragedy - move back to snow lands can make a former Pattaya dweller a sad, and bitter man. So they attempt to ease the pain by calling Pattaya every bad thing in a book.  Alas, they never post pics of the village of their 'lovely' villages in the Isaan, or photos of slush that covers northern  England 6 month out of the year. 

3. Getting older, old enough to lose mobility and becoming too old to live independently, old enough to be uninsurable. Yes, yes, of course, the culprit is always Pattaya.. I suppose bashing the town brings some solace.

Overherebc, you keep bashing Pattaya, would it be out of line of me to ask have you ever lived here at all? Have you even visited?

7 hours ago, whitemouse said:

Guys half your age are enjoying Pattaya every day and every  night, Pattaya never closes.

Circumstances prevent you from participating,  I can only guess, but easy to guess, because the reasons of Pattaya haters don't vary much:

1. Wife ordered you to move to sticks, and keeps you there. This is by far the most common reason for unfortunate inhabitants of expats in  North East to despise Pattaya. Pattaya is a constant reminder that there is life out there, that it is possible to live your life to the fullest all the way to your 70s, 80s.  

2. Money. As pensions dry up, baht keeps being strong, expats can't no longer afford to live in Pattaya. They did live here in Pattaya for decades, being forced to move to North, or Cambodia, or, the true tragedy - move back to snow lands can make a former Pattaya dweller a sad, and bitter man. So they attempt to ease the pain by calling Pattaya every bad thing in a book.  Alas, they never post pics of the village of their 'lovely' villages in the Isaan, or photos of slush that covers northern  England 6 month out of the year. 

3. Getting older, old enough to lose mobility and becoming too old to live independently, old enough to be uninsurable. Yes, yes, of course, the culprit is always Pattaya.. I suppose bashing the town brings some solace.

Overherebc, you keep bashing Pattaya, would it be out of line of me to ask have you ever lived here at all? Have you even visited?

Lived not far from the centre area of pattaya, just past where the old steam train used to sit on a big pedestal near the road ( jomtien )

Stayed there for about 3 years in the mid nineties.

After that a couple of years on the other side of the town.

90's and early 2000's was a regular in many of the places.

Never lived in the 'sticks', where is that?

Quite often drive to some of the nicer beaches east of Patt's where they have some nice eating places, one very good Italian place.

Over the past few years have stayed in some of the 'nicer' hotels in Patts, not sure what they cost as it was generally company paid.

Mobility problems are generally centred around which car to use more than anything else, although I do get a bit stiff in the mornings.?

General travelling around this part of the world, Japan and NZ not too bad as business class on most flights is quite comfortable. We limit that to anything longer than 3 hours though. Bit of a waste for Malaysia, Vietnam etc.

Can't decide if we are going to move to France or somewhere warm in Europe for a few years, sure as sh-t it won't be any close neighbouring country to Thailand. 

Never been interested in the Northeast of Thailand, probably that's where the 'sticks' is?????

Anyway, spending time sitting in a beach road or Soi bar with a bunch of BOF's and their screeching voice bad mouthed 'encumberences' ( is that a word ? ) has zero appeal to us. That seems to be the pattaya that many claim to be fun and I don't have the clothes to fit in anyway, all my shirts have collars.

Any spelling mistakes in the above will be there because I haven't had my second coffee yet.

Have a nice day. ??.

Violence as per the OP appears to be quite regular or seems to be, going by the reports.

Two guys having a fight after too many beers, that can happen in any bar in any city in any country. That's different from 5 or 6 guys on one. 

You could be an innocent bystander or passer by and end up getting hurt yourself or worse if weapons appear and if we believe the news it seems it happens a lot. Another report today about a Japanese guy and 4 or 5 guys and one female causing him grief.

I can live without it.

Edited by overherebc