Immigration open on monday_tuesday?

25 minutes ago, Expat Brad said:

I have to do my 90 day out / in Multi Non-O at Mae Sai on the 5th of December. Will they be processing since it's a public holiday???

Border crossings do not close on holidays or weekends. No problem to do a border hop for a new entry.

Is December 5th really still a public holiday?

As far as I remember the birthday of his majesty, the late King, is no public holiday any longer and July 28th, the birthday of his majesty King Vairalonkorn, has been installed as a public holiday instead.

5 minutes ago, thecaveman said:

As far as I remember the birthday of his majesty, the late King, is no public holiday any longer and July 28th, the birthday of his majesty King Vairalonkorn, has been installed as a public holiday instead.

Yes, December 5th is Fathers' Day

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thecaveman said:

December 5 has been renamed "National Day" and is still being recognized as a Government Holiday with the usual closures including Immigration Offices.

9 minutes ago, Sienti said:

I went to Imperial Lad Phrao last Tuesday 22nd to do my 90 day report.
All forms filled out in advance, same as ever.
Was told not possible. Must go to Chaeng Wattana.

That's what I suspected. I remember reading here someplace before that someone had "been told to do the next one at Chaengwattana." That was at least a couple of weeks before you last went, maybe more. Thank you. Will give it a go on Monday. Will also report back on the results if contrary to your experience. I'm sure they will be similar. I know the 'special window' hasn't been manned for a while. But I did my last couple by joining the queue with the migrants and it wasn't too bad; it always looked worse than it really was. Out in 45 minutes or less. Thanks for the update.

On 12/1/2017 at 3:17 PM, Sienti said:

I went to Imperial Lad Phrao last Tuesday 22nd to do my 90 day report.
All forms filled out in advance, same as ever.
Was told not possible. Must go to Chaeng Wattana.

On 12/1/2017 at 3:35 PM, Songlaw said:

That's what I suspected. I remember reading here someplace before that someone had "been told to do the next one at Chaengwattana." That was at least a couple of weeks before you last went, maybe more. Thank you. Will give it a go on Monday. Will also report back on the results if contrary to your experience. I'm sure they will be similar. I know the 'special window' hasn't been manned for a while. But I did my last couple by joining the queue with the migrants and it wasn't too bad; it always looked worse than it really was. Out in 45 minutes or less. Thanks for the update.

Update: It was actually a no-go. When I got to the front of the entrance queue, the Thai version of the most annoying man in the world (I call him, "the voice," as he seems to like nothing better than to hear it) told me, "90-Day Report? Go to Chaengwattana!" And, just like that, my hopes and dreams were shattered. I guess it is finally time to relent and give the online reporting a shot. I am not hopeful, as I do not own a printer. I will try an internet cafe. Anything has to be better than Chaengwattana. I swear, in this land, it is one step forward, followed by three steps (at least) back, as a matter of course. Especially when it comes to anything resembling convenience.

Edited by Songlaw
Missing preposition

9 minutes ago, Songlaw said:

Anything has to be better than Chaengwattana.

At least Chaengwattana will process your application for whatever service according to the published rules - not "made up extra rules," as many of us have to deal with at our local offices. 

I'd happily wait a couple hours (and save many more hours of my and other's time) by being able to just submit documents to meet the published requirements, instead of run-arounds - including unnecessary visa-runs (Non-O) when services are completely unattainable - due to made-up requirements.

2 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

At least Chaengwattana will process your application for whatever service according to the published rules - not "made up extra rules," as many of us have to deal with at our local offices. 

I'd happily wait a couple hours (and save many more hours of my and other's time) by being able to just submit documents to meet the published requirements, instead of run-arounds - including unnecessary visa-runs (Non-O) when services are completely unattainable - due to made-up requirements.

You are right, of course. But Imperial Ladprao office (which wasn't really the same as the satellite branches in, say, Samut Prakan or Chonburi), which only did 90-day reporting, (for non-migrants) was still nice while it lasted. It was the ordeal of getting there, coupled with the time potentially misspent waiting that made going to Chaengwattana such an aversive for me. When I was younger, I didn't mind so much.  I also usually had company when I went. If the online thing doesn't pan out, I guess I will have no choice but to "revisit the memories." Oh, joy.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You can also do your 90 day report by mail to Chaeng Wattana.

Thanks, Joe. Despite apparently having done that a couple of times in the past, I'd somehow managed to completely block it from memory. Just got to decide which is the dicier of the two and get on with it. Will try online at the cafe tomorrow. I am in the "two weeks before" period, so I still have a bit of time. Again, thanks.