Tourist Police inspect Pattaya boat operators

Rimmer

Tourist Police inspect Pattaya boat operators

image.png

PATTAYA:--The Tourist Police led an inspection of Pattaya boat operators to make sure their vessels were seaworthy and all licenses up to date.

Pol. Sr. Sgt. Maj. Sarawuth Aipsitsophon of the Tourist Police Division’s Marine Security Control section joined marine police in soldiers in the Nov. 21 check.

Officers checked to ensure all the boats were free of leaks and engines were running smoothly.

They also warned boat captains and crewmembers against drinking on the job, threatening to revoke licenses and throw offenders in jail.

Authorities said they received good cooperation from the boat operators, but said they need to do more work on the public relations front to remind passengers to use life jackets and swim in safe areas.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-12-01

Just circus....my personal boat is inspected every year for boat licence renewal. 5 mn just check life jackets and nothing more.Nothing about my licence,fire prevention, rescue material,radio,engine security and maintenance, hull condition, anchorage systems,waste water systems etc..etc.. Same inspection in my country of origin takes 2 hours and no mercy if you are missing any legal point. And this is not commercial operation, just private one..when I quickly look at these boats on trailers with not even a little rope to secure them while the tractor is racing in Jomtien streets, I wonder how they could be floating...amulets miracle surely

Edited by decca60

2 hours ago, decca60 said:

Just circus....my personal boat is inspected every year for boat licence renewal. 5 mn just check life jackets and nothing more.Nothing about my licence,fire prevention, rescue material,radio,engine security and maintenance, hull condition, anchorage systems,waste water systems etc..etc.. Same inspection in my country of origin takes 2 hours and no mercy if you are missing any legal point. And this is not commercial operation, just private one..when I quickly look at these boats on trailers with not even a little rope to secure them while the tractor is racing in Jomtien streets, I wonder how they could be floating...amulets miracle surely

Welcome to SEA..... Enjoy

10 hours ago, decca60 said:

I was once on the overpass (flyover) coming from Bali Hai headed towards Sukh some years back.

Toyota Tiger truck apparently had to slam on his brakes (which amazingly did not fail). Only problem was the 30 foot boat he was towing didn't have any trailer brakes AND the boat wasn't tied down.

The truck/trailer were all jack-knifed up, with the boat laying alongside it on the road.

Som Nam Na

16 hours ago, Gandtee said:

What do the police know about a boat's seaworthiness? :saai:

Nothing but they sure know what brown envelopes are Inspection would go like this Police/  Hello here to do boat inspection  Operator/ ok Here is my Envelope  Police/ Price has gone up people starting to make big noises about unsafe boats/   Operator/ok no problems here is another envelope Police/ ok boat safe bye

The pointy end is: ?

A) the Bow

B) the Stern

C) Starboard

D) Port

If you get it right, you have passed the Tourist Police Marine Navigation exam. 

Examination fees, 500 baht

Well done, you are a qualified skipper!!!