Clampdown on Cafes Straddling Streams

snoop1130

Clampdown on Cafes Straddling Streams

by CityNews

water2-1024x768.jpg

At a meeting of the Chiang Mai’s government administration, Pawin Chamniprasart the governor of Chiang Mai, reportedly addressed the Local Administrative Organisations and Marine Office 1, tasking them with inspecting entrepreneurs who have set up tables and chairs on streams around Chiang Mai.

Full Story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/clampdown-cafes-straddling-streams/

changmainews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang City News 2017-12-1

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Oh!,someone is doing something different and making

money at it,and the customers seem happy,better clamp

down on it,quick.

Obviously they only set the tables up AFTER the rainy season.

regards Worgeordie

went to one of these near Rayong, rubbish and filth all over the place, they are not a good development!

On 03/12/2017 at 5:54 PM, toofarnorth said:

If I mailed the mother lode ( England ) and said I was going to have lunch today at the  ' Straddling Stream Cafe ' they would be quite jealous. Must be better than ' The cafe by the Pond Coverd in ice '

Maybe it's just my mind but people I know in UK would say 'didn't your Mum tell you to stay away from places like that'

??

2 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Maybe it's just my mind but people I know in UK would say 'didn't your Mum tell you to stay away from places like that'

??

Really......I remember being halfway up a mountain in  the Lakes with one of our teachers leading a small group of us 16-year-olds when we came across a stream and started to drink, the teacher said, be very careful of doing that, rat urine in water can kill - we were 2,500 feet up Scafell for gods sake!

13 hours ago, Dipterocarp said:

Often see dried rat urine on top of soda/beer cans.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Every can bottle whatever we buy my wife sticks in a bucket of water with a little bit of chlorine bleach in it.

Just a good habit anywhere to be honest.