Non B Teaching Visa

38 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

OP, will you be teaching English, or subjects? Government school, or private institution? 

Considering that an associate degree consits of 60 credit hours only, you do not seem to qualify. 

A BA, ( usually 120 hours) is needed, no matter in what field.

If you're not a NES, you'll also need a TOEIC examination test score of not less than 600.

23 minutes ago, sananeamk0715 said:

Teaching English at government school.

It often happens that the school superiors do not know much about foreigner's degrees.

You can't apply for a Non-B without the paperwork from your school, the educational area the school belongs to, copies of degree and transcripts, etc..

See Thailand as a country with a fence around and there's always a door opening for those who want to start teaching.

Schools can also hire you being a teacher's assistant, a trainer, or a similar, often fancy title. Then you bypass the Teacher's council of Thailand's regulations and you don't need a provisional teacher's license and you'll be able to receive a Non-B visa to be legal.

If I were you, I'd not work on a tourist visa, because it seems that the immigration is currently doing a sort of a crackdown on foreigners.

Talk to your school and see what they will tell you. Best of luck!!

11 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

It often happens that the school superiors do not know much about foreigner's degrees.

You can't apply for a Non-B without the paperwork from your school, the educational area the school belongs to, copies of degree and transcripts, etc..

See Thailand as a country with a fence around and there's always a door opening for those who want to start teaching.

Schools can also hire you being a teacher's assistant, a trainer, or a similar, often fancy title. Then you bypass the Teacher's council of Thailand's regulations and you don't need a provisional teacher's license and you'll be able to receive a Non-B visa to be legal.

If I were you, I'd not work on a tourist visa, because it seems that the immigration is currently doing a sort of a crackdown on foreigners.

Talk to your school and see what they will tell you. Best of luck!!

Yes I know it all but I mean can I get Non B visa and work permit with associate degree. For teaching not trainer or something same as teacher.

1 hour ago, sananeamk0715 said:

Yes I know it all but I mean can I get Non B visa and work permit with associate degree. For teaching not trainer or something same as teacher.

No.   You will not be able to get either with an Associate's Degree.   

OP, you might want to look into an upgrade of your Associate somewhere in Thailand, where you can work, study online and attend a few one day face 2 face classes. Once you've signed up and started the course, I guess you'd get a provisional license good for two years. 

Please see: http://pinoythaiyo.com/2016/04/10/enrollment-is-now-going-on-at-st-roberts-in-thailand/

Just now, Scott said:

No.   You will be able to stay in the country legally, but a Work Permit will be out of your reach for jobs in the formal education system.  

I see. I asked because some people told me if you have marry visa you can work legally and get work permit even have associate's degree.

Not with schools under the OBEC.   Where you live may make a difference because there is a great deal of inconsistency in how the labor department operates from province to province.    If you work as a teacher, it will technically be illegal. 

Archived