Angry man stranded at Suvarnabhumi for 24 hours launches furious rant at airport staff

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, todlad said:

One of the things that irks me about this forum includes the incessant attacks on Thai people ... most of us live in Thailand as far as i can tell and yet they write as if they despise everything and everybody here.

Secondly, Thai people are often attacked wrongly.

Thirdly, a tiny amount of research can go a long way.

Jetstar is not a Thai Airline, it is ultimately owned by Qantas although it is likely that this flight was managed out of a 51% Singapore owned subsidiary: 49% Qantas.

Apologies for all of the anti Thai libels now?

When you read Jetstar's customer guarantee, all 15 points of it, you will see that they give passengers the right to challenge their 7,000 staff at every level. I haven't watched the video but maybe the man at the centre of it wasn't the most diplomatic negotiator but he was empowered by that very airline to start the conversation there.

History tells me there is very little chance that anyone here will back track but it would be appropriate if the worst offenders would at least acknowledge that they are guilty as charged.

Good post I must say

4 hours ago, trogers said:

He wants a good meal, fly reputable airlines, not low cost. His return ticket probably only cost him Bt2,000.

IMG_20171203_160627.jpg

Irrelevant. This man paid for goods, and the vendor does not deliver. Time for legislation that forces airlines (including 'budget airlines') to pay proper compensation in the case that they are unable, or unwilling to provide the goods their custumers have paid for. Maybe then their performance magically improves...

2 hours ago, madusa said:

The poor Thai lady(I assume she is Thai) had to suffer the indignity of being shouted at. No wonder the Thais are getting sick of these tourists whether they are Farangs, Mainland Chinese, Singaporeans or Indians.

If I were in her shoes I would say to him, "Look here, since you are so rude I am taking back the meal voucher from you, because you don't deserve any meal. You go back to Singapore get a good lawyer to sue our airline for whatever you are not happy with ok? You are in Thailand and we have a polite culture" That may shut him up.

Third rate service does anger people. Maybe the Thai should move up and offer second rate service. Blame the foreigner even if he is dead right. 

On 12/2/2017 at 4:41 PM, trogers said:

Japanese ramen costs Bt360.

Thai-Chinese wontan noodles cost less than Bt250.

What did he choose?

At the airport? Don't think so...unless he was able to find his way down to the restaurant an the basement floor which most travellers would not know about. Even the 250BHT would not go far. I guess the real lesson here is, don't travel with budget airlines. Quite simple really. 

37 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Irrelevant. This man paid for goods, and the vendor does not deliver. Time for legislation that forces airlines (including 'budget airlines') to pay proper compensation in the case that they are unable, or unwilling to provide the goods their custumers have paid for. Maybe then their performance magically improves...

Legislation? The consumer already has two recourses: sue the airline, or stop using their service.

Senseless to take frustration on the airline staff.

Just now, trogers said:

Legislation? The consumer already has two recourses: sue the airline, or stop using their service.

Senseless to take frustration on the airline staff.

No, the second resource is not a valid one,he already paid for goods, that were subsequentially not delivered. Alltough I am sure he will indeed stop using their services, and others are prevented from using their services after this story. In Europe customers by law, are properly compensated when an airline messes up. Time to follow that logical example. 

23 minutes ago, Graemej100 said:

At the airport? Don't think so...unless he was able to find his way down to the restaurant an the basement floor which most travellers would not know about. Even the 250BHT would not go far. I guess the real lesson here is, don't travel with budget airlines. Quite simple really. 

Still can get a bowl of noodles and a drink at S&P on the third floor for Bt250.

1 minute ago, sjaak327 said:

No, the second resource is not a valid one,he already paid for goods, that were subsequentially not delivered. Alltough I am sure he will indeed stop using their services, and others are prevented from using their services after this story. In Europe customers by law, are properly compensated when an airline messes up. Time to follow that logical example. 

Logical Example? Are there air tickets for London to Paris at Bt900 in Europe?

1 minute ago, trogers said:

Logical Example? Are there air tickets for London to Paris at Bt900 in Europe?

No idea, don't see what the price of the goods have to do with anything. You apparently believe that selling transportation at cheap prices means it's perfectly okay for people to have substantial delays that might mean they incurr high costs.

By the way, even in Europe there are budget airlines. And they are not free to fleece their customers.

2 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

No idea, don't see what the price of the goods have to do with anything. You apparently believe that selling transportation at cheap prices means it's perfectly okay for people to have substantial delays that might mean they incurr high costs.

By the way, even in Europe there are budget airlines. And they are not free to fleece their customers.

It means more choices for the consumers. Low cost airlines are a choice for budget travelers where time is not critical. Business travelers would choose more reliable services and pay accordingly.

1 minute ago, trogers said:

It means more choices for the consumers. Low cost airlines are a choice for budget travelers where time is not critical. Business travelers would choose more reliable services and pay accordingly.

I don't agree, even budget airlines should get their customers from A to B on time. In Europe the compensation rules apply to all European airlines including Budget airlines.

15 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

I don't agree, even budget airlines should get their customers from A to B on time. In Europe the compensation rules apply to all European airlines including Budget airlines.

So, stay in Europe. We don't need Asia to be sterile like Europe. Any street food in Europe like they have in Thailand? Or should they make rules here similar to Europe too?

250 baht can get you fed downstairs to the left at the food court.  Good quality thai food at a great price.  The locals and airport workers eat there. I love it.  It is a slice of Thailand while I wait an hour or so for my bus connection. 

Reminds me of when our plane out of Chicago O'hare aborted takeoff due to some engine issue.  They re-booked us on a flight about 5 hours later in the day, and gave us $7.50 food coupon!  In Chicago?  OK.  Not much of a meal.  Hot dog and a bag of chips was about it.

2 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

250 baht can get you fed downstairs to the left at the food court.  Good quality thai food at a great price.  The locals and airport workers eat there. I love it.  It is a slice of Thailand while I wait an hour or so for my bus connection. 

Reminds me of when our plane out of Chicago O'hare aborted takeoff due to some engine issue.  They re-booked us on a flight about 5 hours later in the day, and gave us $7.50 food coupon!  In Chicago?  OK.  Not much of a meal.  Hot dog and a bag of chips was about it.

We love it too, Bht250 is a feast, always a last slice of Thailand before returning to NZ.

untitled.png.cfdc864dc7164d10750e247f9f184d20.png

1 hour ago, Paul Catton said:

We love it too, Bht250 is a feast, always a last slice of Thailand before returning to NZ.

untitled.png.cfdc864dc7164d10750e247f9f184d20.png

Yep.  many rice dishes with meat, even duck to choose from.  Is it as convenient as some of the upstairs eateries?  Probably not.  But if one has a 4 or 5 hour layover, time is not an issue and it helps kill the time instead of just sitting around.  Love those lovely asian airline attendants that eat there!  One warning about that sweet Thai tea they serve out of the mixer thingy.  It is really sweet! 

10 hours ago, trogers said:

So, stay in Europe. We don't need Asia to be sterile like Europe. Any street food in Europe like they have in Thailand? Or should they make rules here similar to Europe too?

Sterile ? So the concept of getting what you paid for should not apply to Asia ? I think this exchange will end, you are unreasonable. 

10 hours ago, trogers said:

:cheesy: ... oh yeah, that's indeed a good one, thanks ... 

He already checked in and passed immigration. The vouchers given can only be used for restaurants inside boarding area unless he gets a special pass to go out and re enter which means he is going in Thailand again.

11 minutes ago, shady86 said:
8 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

He already checked in and passed immigration. The vouchers given can only be used for restaurants inside boarding area unless he gets a special pass to go out and re enter which means he is going in Thailand again.

The voucher is given with the boarding pass. Not past immigration.

15 minutes ago, jollyhangmon said:

:cheesy: ... oh yeah, that's indeed a good one, thanks ... 

That secret ingredient that makes street food gourmet class...

It's a choice. You can choose to paid 4-5 times at restaurants in shopping malls. But we don't need to fly half a day to get what we can find in Europe.

18 hours ago, clashpie said:

We  have all been there so can relate to him to a degree, but his reaction and anger was way over the top and i lost any sympathy for his predicament when i saw how he spoke to that young lady who was trying to reason with him and probably explain a few things.

He's heading for a heart attack carrying on like that so needs to chill out big time.

Due to incompetence or technicalities or whatever airlines come up with in terms of excuses it is the staff on the ground who have to face the brunt of angry passengers such as this chap.

Managers at the top should be made to come out and speak to customers directly.

As regards the 250 baht meal allowance that should have been more .

Never flown with this airliner but thanks for the heads up as i shall not be using them if i ever do travel to Asia again. 

Funny