Trump says Flynn's actions during presidential transition were lawful

rooster59

18 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Campaign finance reform won't happen as long as the Republicans get to appoint justices to the Supreme Court.

I'm sorry maybe I missed it. What was the most recent Democrat proposal? I know one of the Democrat candidates refused PAC money and averaged $27/donation. He did pretty well. How about a pledge by candidates to refuse PAC money.

Not sure what you're referring to about retirement.

Oh, what I'm referring to is how the country is turning into a corporatocracy in no small part because the financial interests of retirees have been made aligned with the interests of corporations. They've been co-opted and conditioned to be accepting of the notion that what is good for corporations is good for themselves. I'm sure most reasonable people don't believe that.

Most of the social cohesion problem stems from rising inequality in income. Republican plans will make that worse.

Yeah, that's one of the problems. Globalisation is another (see rising inequality and the rise of the corporate state). Social media is another. Media conglomerates another.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/3/2017 at 10:08 AM, DoctorG said:

There is nothing unlawful in a transition team having talks with foreign entities. Both Obama and Bush snr did this with no repercussions.

Do you think it would be reasonable to wait until you are actually in office before being ready to meet all contingencies? Only an idiot would go in unprepared.

You must back that up brother. Here, let me help shed some light  

"In January, Obama State Department spokesman Mark Toner stated  that the department had “no problem” with Trump’s transition team contacting Russian or any other foreign officials. None of these discussions occurred before the election or involved information on candidate Clinton. Not one. As President Trump has maintained all along, after months of allegations and investigations by both the FBI and the special counsel, there is still no evidence that the Trump campaign colluded with the Russian government to influence the election".

http://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/363070-this-investigation-into-trumps-campaign-is-way-out-of-control

On 12/3/2017 at 11:50 AM, lannarebirth said:

How about we start with a discussion about Campaign Finance Reform and Term Limits. That should be a non partisan issue.  I think a lot of the awful legislation that gets passed is because legislators are being paid by their sponsors not to do what they know to be the right thing.

How about a discussion on how a retirement system that rewards its participants in the short term if they rubber stamp the corporatocracy's goals against their long term interests and certainly those of ther children.

How about a discussion about the loss of social cohesion and how if it is not regained a once great nation becomes a footnote of history.

That ought to get us through the holiday season. :laugh:

This should be non partisan:

http://www.businessinsider.com/former-facebook-exec-chamath-palihapitiya-social-media-damaging-society-2017-12

Remember Marshall McLuhan's "the medium is the message"? Never more true than with todays (anti) social media.