Finding home owner

spookysully

Hello,

This topic has likely been covered but I cannot find anything, I have a house near me here in Bangkok that has been abandoned for nearly 20 years and I was wondering if anyone had information on how to find this party? In the states, if you've got the address, you can use the tax assessment office but my Thai family knows nothing about how to even begin. Just want to find the owner to query about purchasing the property.

Many cheers and Merry Christmas

1 minute ago, spookysully said:

Thanks so much! I've already sent a message there and am waiting for a reply, I was fishing for a more direct way but this looks to be the answer. Many cheers!

Any chance of sharing your results

Ha ha! I've been walking by this property for almost 6 years now and have talked to every neighbor on the soi and not a single person knows anything besides the owner, an old woman, left around 97' leaving without notice or anyway of contact apparently.

I'll for sure leave any information I get, should I be able to track her down! Cheers!

9 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Have you asked neighbors?  Suspect one of them knows the owner and may actually be keeping an eye on it.  As there is no punitive tax structure here for residences people seldom sell unless for a good profit.

It's a beautiful little house but has literally not been touched by anyone since it was abandoned. Overgrown as the jungle has reclaimed it and garbage has been piled up on its perimeter for many years apparently. It sits in a nice area surrounded by nice homes but completely ignored by the neighbors and as mentioned I've talked to darn near all of them.. I walk by it with my daughter nearly everyday and curiosity has finally got me to ask this fine group for advice.