An alternative way to contact with condo owner for purchase?

yengec

Hi to all, 

Im in search of some specific condo units in Pratumnak area. I contacted with some agents but still couldnt find what ı wanted and dont want to pay extra for a poor service. Pls dont judge mefor this, I respect some real estate agents but most of them are not my type(for ex. I visit a unit without agent, he told me to take the keys from the juristic office and to check it by myself). I want to directly offer to the owner. An idea poped in my mind and I printed small notes by mentioning what I want to buy and my contact number etc. I put these note papers in the mail boxes of condo units.

My question is, while I do this I feel look like a guilty. Is it legal or not to do? Also some condo doors are secured and need key, If I tell this to the condo reception, do they warmly welcome and let me put this papers in the mail boxes? :)

Also Im open to advices how to contact with owners who is a potential sellers? I check Facebook, google,etc but they are all managed by agents and all the same posts. 

P.s Im not an agent and Im not trying to get listings etc. I just need one condo unit for myself. This is not for a sustainable business profit etc..

8 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

What u looking for ? Rooms? views? price? sqm? Maybe we can help and advise.how old? High floor?

I am looking for 35 to 60sqm in pratamnak maybe view talay 1 and 2 i can consider too. my budget is 18.000-22.000thb per sqm. its better if its up more than 3rd floor. it should be foreign quota. the inside can be as much as old and unfurnished even a shell because i will make a renovation and decoration.

At VT 1 A and 1 B lobbyarea there is a notice board where you can put your ad. Ask permission for this from poolhouse. 
I have a 32 sgm studio for sale there but not for that price. Good luck for your hunt, you are going to need that..

Btw VT 1 and 2 are not within Pratumnak area

Edited by thaitero

1 hour ago, yengec said:

I am looking for 35 to 60sqm in pratamnak maybe view talay 1 and 2 i can consider too. my budget is 18.000-22.000thb per sqm. its better if its up more than 3rd floor. it should be foreign quota. the inside can be as much as old and unfurnished even a shell because i will make a renovation and decoration.

Hi well i think u can find lots of those units but the sqm price might be very tricky but lets say u find several suitable units and u will only buy one then kindly send me a pm with the details as i might buy one too and give u a referal fee ok? Maybe Majestic and Jomtien beach condominium might be an option.

Edited by Destiny1990

1 hour ago, thaitero said:

At VT 1 A and 1 B lobbyarea there is a notice board where you can put your ad. Ask permission for this from poolhouse. 
I have a 32 sgm studio for sale there but not for that price. Good luck for your hunt, you are going to need that..

Btw VT 1 and 2 are not within Pratumnak area

I found some around 23.000thb per sqm in VT1 but I dont like the view. Also I dont expect a sea view for this budget but ım just pushing for a better one :) Btw I know VT1 and 2 is not in pratumnak and I mentioned them seperately from pratumnak. I just consider them in jomtien because they are the only good located and managed old condos..

1 hour ago, yengec said:

You will never find anything in that price per sqm range in that area or the mentioned buildings. Do you realize you are talking Nirun or Spanish condo prices?  Some owners might be upset having a nonresident put something in mailboxes. It does not speak well for a building's security (or lack of it) if an outsider can wander the floors and halls putting something in resident's mailboxes. 

19 minutes ago, ThaiBob said:

You will never find anything in that price per sqm range in that area or the mentioned buildings. Do you realize you are talking Nirun or Spanish condo prices?  Some owners might be upset having a nonresident put something in mailboxes. It does not speak well for a building's security (or lack of it) if an outsider can wander the floors and halls putting something in resident's mailboxes. 

I dont know what is your source on prices but I saw and heard many condos at this price range. Also its buyers market now and old condos market prices around here(by market price I mention the actual buy and sell matching price, no need to mention imaginary high asking prices which never being sold) Btw I sent you some of them by PM..

3 hours ago, yengec said:

I dont know what is your source on prices but I saw and heard many condos at this price range. Also its buyers market now and old condos market prices around here(by market price I mention the actual buy and sell matching price, no need to mention imaginary high asking prices which never being sold) Btw I sent you some of them by PM..

35 x 22,000 = 770,000 baht 

These are prices at the lower end of the market like Nirun. Pratumnak is generally an up market area.   I wish you all the look in the world in finding a unit a unit in VT 1 or 2 at that price. A Thai friend found a unit for 850,000 in Pratumnak area, a bank foreclosure from Krung Thai, but it was a dump and needed complete renovation. 

Edited by ThaiBob

2 hours ago, ThaiBob said:

35 x 22,000 = 770,000 baht 

These are prices at the lower end of the market like Nirun. Pratumnak is generally an up market area.   I wish you all the look in the world in finding a unit a unit in VT 1 or 2 at that price. A Thai friend found a unit for 850,000 in Pratumnak area, a bank foreclosure from Krung Thai, but it was a dump and needed complete renovation. 

this unit is in vt1 37sqm 850k thb foreign quota and the price is negotiable but i dont like the low rise floor and the view. the thing is for a long time the owner cannot sell this unit because there is an oversupply in the city. there are not full of buyers in queue in front of of viewtalay ?

52EC5A1B-A23E-4D7B-81DB-10826E306B5E.jpeg

752B5B6F-B378-4EA6-902C-0344F68F866C.jpeg

ECA21FE6-4B13-4A1B-9614-92062B08EF83.jpeg

Edited by yengec

Well, go for it I say. 

Prices in VT1 seem to be about 45k per sqm. 

https://www.hipflat.co.th/en/projects/view-talay-1-ffetcf#available-units

You can use hipflat to view projects by name. If I were buying, I would first determine which factors were important. For me it would be location, location, location. Next would be mid to high floor with a sea view in a project with a good reputation and active home owners association. Of course, everyone's priorities are different (buying a rental income unit). 

Hipflat isn't much of a guide as its "asking price", nothing to do with what Condos sell for. My condo block lists on Hipflat for 55,000 sqm, and has been as high as 65,000, they change hands for 30,000 sqm.

3 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Hipflat isn't much of a guide as its "asking price", nothing to do with what Condos sell for. My condo block lists on Hipflat for 55,000 sqm, and has been as high as 65,000, they change hands for 30,000 sqm.

yes, exactly! since i checked many condos, there are tricky prices too. Many times, I see the same condo unit different price in different real estate agents. before the purchase, you must be sure to check everywhere and compare prices..

15 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Which project is that? Of course these are asking prices and could include a 5% realtors commission. The picture yengec posted was a dump(holes in the ceiling probably from water damage, a kitchen?, failing vinyl floors, etc.)  and not representative as I am very familiar with VT1. I got lucky and recently flipped a unit at Jomtien Beach Condo so yes there deals to be had but I was also lucky. 

20 minutes ago, yengec said:

yes, exactly! since i checked many condos, there are tricky prices too. Many times, I see the same condo unit different price in different real estate agents. before the purchase, you must be sure to check everywhere and compare prices..

You appear to have realised that the real estate listed prices are indeed rubbish. The best approach is the Condo offices, although they are not really supposed to be selling, most do. They know the actual prices that Condos sell for and usually have the keys for a couple real priced condos.

Since i dont like the most condos design in thailand, its better for the inside being wrecked and rubbish. Therefore, i can bargain on lower price. If the building location is good, by renovation you can make a good place to live in it..

6 minutes ago, yengec said:

Since i dont like the most condos design in thailand, its better for the inside being wrecked and rubbish. Therefore, i can bargain on lower price. If the building location is good, by renovation you can make a good place to live in it..

Yes, I would tend to agree. I have friends who have gutted and redone condos for as little as 50k-100k.

9 hours ago, yengec said:

I am looking for 35 to 60sqm in pratamnak maybe view talay 1 and 2 i can consider too. my budget is 18.000-22.000thb per sqm.

even today with many very motivated sellers your budget per m² is a ridiculous wet dream especially when considering your desired area.

19 minutes ago, Naam said:

even today with many very motivated sellers your budget per m² is a ridiculous wet dream especially when considering your desired area.

Go check my previous message. I found for 23k per sqm in VT1 and many others even for 20k per sqm in pratumnak too. My wishes are based on the reality, I am not hunting for the impossible one..

20 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Yes, I would tend to agree. I have friends who have gutted and redone condos for as little as 50k-100k.

You have photos?

$1500 US sorry,  but it must look like crap.  New appliances will put way over that. But I know a "redo" to some is not the same for others.

Edited by bkk6060

Nurin I believe will be the place of the first major plague in Pattaya.

It already may be, everyone walking around there looks and sounds sick and ill.  Probably all the rats I saw running around and those infectious old aircon units.

Just a disgusting closterphobic  environment.