Junta Deputy Head Sports Spendy Haute Horology

snoop1130

Junta Deputy Head Sports Spendy Haute Horology

By Pravit Rojanaphruk, Senior Staff Writer

download-696x435.jpg

Gen. Prawit Wongsuwan, at left, is seen sporting the same brand of luxury worn by tennis superstar Rafael Nadal, at right.

BANGKOK — There are fewer things in life to better cheer an old man up when things are tough than a nice new watch.

Deputy junta leader Gen. Prawit Wongsuwan, who’s already known for his flashy watches, was sporting reliable bling bling Rolex on his wrist Monday. Dressed to the nines for an official group photograph as part of the new cabinet, the man who’s also deputy PM was wearing what’s been identified as a Richard Mille.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/12/04/junta-deputy-head-sports-spendy-haute-horology/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-12-04

1 hour ago, Happy enough said:

where are you stephen tracy?? 555 the lads can't even buy themselves a decent watch without there being a story about it haha

I'm here. Don't know many people on a soldier's pay packet that can afford a million baht watch. I assume he's got more than one. 

2 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

I'm here. Don't know many people on a soldier's pay packet that can afford a million baht watch. I assume he's got more than one. 

my dad was on a soldiers pay packet but he wasn't an officer.  and well i remember the generals houses. so how much you reckon they get paid mate. over 100,000 pounds in UK for sure mate. whats the difference? 555

Just now, stephen tracy said:

What's that after tax?

that was just an estimate, prob's a hell of a lot more. 250? but the funny thing about the watches is a few photos even on the news here with police colonels doing their usual nonsense. just local ones i mean. and one had i kid you not what looked to me like a solid gold rolex. 5555 no fake mate. 

3 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

he saved up for it. nothing wrong with that mate. you know the thais love a brand. leave our lovely generals alone 5555

1 hour ago, klauskunkel said:

Nadal gets paid by Rolex to wear the watch,  Prawit... found it in one of the recent weapons caches, more proof that Taksin is behind it all.

Don't... some of the fanbois will actually believe that...

" Before his retirement at the end of September, the general received a 1.4 million baht ($43,000) annual salary as army chief. His assets include a Mercedes Benz S600L car, a BMW 740Li Series sedan, luxury watches, rings and several pistols. "  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/31/thai-prime-minister-an-ex-general-is-millionaire/  

I couldn't find information about Prawit's pay as a general, but I assume it was similar to Prayut's.

Thaksin owned flashy stuff too, but made his money as a business man.  The current crop has never explained its wealth.

" Before his retirement at the end of September, the general received a 1.4 million baht ($43,000) annual salary as army chief. His assets include a Mercedes Benz S600L car, a BMW 740Li Series sedan, luxury watches, rings and several pistols. "  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/31/thai-prime-minister-an-ex-general-is-millionaire/  

I couldn't find information about Prawit's pay as a general, but I assume it was similar to Prayut's.

Thaksin owned flashy stuff too, but made his money as a business man.  The current crop has never explained its wealth.

Business is business. You can make a very large amount of money if you control the access to the mobile phone network.

You can also make a very large amount of money if you control access to trade with a neighbouring country, especially when that countries government is fighting an invasion from a third country and is desperate for cash. Particularly when the nature of that regime means that they don't have conventional trade links.

Either way, they are both wise investments.

Sent from my KENNY using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

38 minutes ago, JAG said:

Business is business. You can make a very large amount of money if you control the access to the mobile phone network.

You can also make a very large amount of money if you control access to trade with a neighbouring country, especially when that countries government is fighting an invasion from a third country and is desperate for cash. Particularly when the nature of that regime means that they don't have conventional trade links.

Either way, they are both wise investments.

Sent from my KENNY using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Being a fan of (intelligently regulated) free markets, I don't approve of businessmen using government connections to maintain monopolies, duopolies, or assorted restrictions to free trade that benefit the well-connected at the expense of all consumers.  However this sad state of affairs that is common in many "developing" countries.

That being said, using the military to manage and tax illegal smuggling, including human trafficking, and dealing with genocidal armies is far worse.