Pattaya announces new public enemy number one - smokers and their deadly cigarettes!

webfact

14 hours ago, Parsve said:

True Mommyboy, but it also is true that the UK is not the world or even a leader of the world it is the main part of a small Island in Europe, and some other parts in the world that they have "stolen" from the native people. True is also, just as I said, that some countries have put a ban on e-cigarettes because that some researchers have said that they are more dangerous than real cigarettes. If they have right or not I believe neither you or I can tell for sure, but the ban is still there for that reason so when I am saying that it is like that it is not nonsense. 

Interesting back and forth.... but.... it’s my understanding that problems with permitting e cigs are centered around the fact that these are still relatively new products, and approving their use could result in law suits further down the road.

ergo, responsible governments, despite existing widespread use, won’t greenlight the product, regardless of demonstrable benifits..... because they just don’t know (yet)

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, sharpjwe said:

anyone agaist this rule is an IDIOT !

smoking kills 

Smokers LItter everyday of their lives .20 a day * 365 days *40 years =292.000 butt ends YOU have littered

100.000 baht fine is Baht 0.3 per cigarette still cheap . i would add to the fine picking up 292.000 butt ends to be quit 

Smokers may die in great pain .after the pleasure ....good for you.

As for the other issues they should also be dealt with in their specific forums .

so keep to the point at hand (i wanted that in capitals )

Do you drive a petrol or diesel ride....?

Is there not a case for bio-degradable filter butts and even paper. If the smoked fags would degrade in say 7 days this would stop the 1,204,608 butts collecting on the Pattaya beach in the span of 12 months. Then could move on to other importand stuff.

I ask you; which is more damaging to the environment, an empty can of discarded cola, a platic bag, dog poo poo or a fag butt?

On 12/6/2017 at 12:22 PM, sharpjwe said:

anyone agaist this rule is an IDIOT !

smoking kills 

Smokers LItter everyday of their lives .20 a day * 365 days *40 years =292.000 butt ends YOU have littered

100.000 baht fine is Baht 0.3 per cigarette still cheap . i would add to the fine picking up 292.000 butt ends to be quit 

Smokers may die in great pain .after the pleasure ....good for you.

As for the other issues they should also be dealt with in their specific forums .

so keep to the point at hand (i wanted that in capitals )

Bravo!

I am not a smoker but I would much rather the law enforcement focus on the burning of toxic materials that are burned in the surrounding areas of Pattaya.  These horrendous clouds of fumes from miscellaneous materials burning are way more harmful to everyone than someone smoking on the beach.   Stop the burning; stop the raw dumping of waste into the waters of Pattaya then the tourists will be happier and more of them will come to spend their money.  

9 minutes ago, waders123 said:

I am not a smoker but I would much rather the law enforcement focus on the burning of toxic materials that are burned in the surrounding areas of Pattaya.  These horrendous clouds of fumes from miscellaneous materials burning are way more harmful to everyone than someone smoking on the beach.   Stop the burning; stop the raw dumping of waste into the waters of Pattaya then the tourists will be happier and more of them will come to spend their money.  

LOL.  OK, so let's just abandon all other law enforcement, take all other laws off the books, worry about no other criminal activity, and just "focus" on what you think is important.

It's law enforcement.  They need to be able to enforce more than one law at a time.  Even a school crossing guard has to be able to look in more than one direction at a time.

The defense of smokers always seems to depend on dragging something else into the discussion to point a finger at.  It's called deflection, and it's juvenile, tired & lame.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2017 at 12:27 PM, hawker9000 said:

LOL.  OK, so let's just abandon all other law enforcement, take all other laws off the books, worry about no other criminal activity, and just "focus" on what you think is important.

It's law enforcement.  They need to be able to enforce more than one law at a time.  Even a school crossing guard has to be able to look in more than one direction at a time.

The defense of smokers always seems to depend on dragging something else into the discussion to point a finger at.  It's called deflection, and it's juvenile, tired & lame.

WOW!  You like to "twist" people's comments to get your own worthless two cents in.   So clever we are.

To address your sorry a** comment:

I said nothing about, "abandon all other law enforcement",  nor did I say, "take all other laws off the books, worry about no other criminal activity".  That is something you came up with; which is stupid by the way.   I simply stated there are more urgent priorities for law enforcement to attend to before they go to the beach with an undue amount of manpower to prosecute the smokers.  

You really should get back on your valium and stop misquoting people's comments.  

Time for smokers to take responsibility for their own habit. Public resources, including law enforcement and sanitation, should not be taxed by people who don't clean up after themselves. 

At Dong-Tarn beach, there are now specific areas set aside away from the beach chairs for smokers to light up. This removes them, and their stink, from those who wish to breathe clean air.

This is a partial solution. It doesn't do anything to discourage smokers in the "open" areas of the beach. 

Archived