Official opening of Wang Kee On Waterfall in Patong

webfact

Official opening of Wang Kee On Waterfall in Patong

“I remember I used to jump in the water at the waterfall when I was young. It was clear and beautiful. There was no road or houses around like nowadays where businesses now occupy the land around the site and release wastewater in the waterfall."

By  Kritsada Mueanhawong

24825928_10210087616852579_432031423_o-681x454.jpg

At 9 am today (December 5), Patong Mayor, Chalermluck Kebsup, hosted the official opening of Wang Kee On Waterfall as the new attraction in Patong, even though it’s been there all the time.

“As today is the birthday of The Late King Bhumibol Adulyadej, we agreed to officially open the waterfall to the public on this special day. Patong Municipality had the idea with our local community to make Wang Kee On Waterfall the new eco-tourism destination for both locals and tourists, right in the heart of Patong. This place has a long and interesting history, which is worth preserving for future generations,” said the mayor.

“On March 11, 1959 King Bhumibol Adulyadej paid a visit to the waterfall during his trip to Patong. In 2014, we started to raise a fund under the name of Wang Kee On Waterfall administration committee, which included both officials and locals, to buy the land in front of the waterfall to reopen it again.

Full story: https://www.phuketgazette.net/news/official-opening-wang-kee-waterfall-patong

pgazette_logo-20170817.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-12-05

3 hours ago, Psimbo said:

30 million to develop it- sweet.

It would have been nice if they'd actually told people where in Patong it was.

Supposed to be at the 50 years road end. So must be on the Nanai Road side.  To be honest I cannot place the location of the photo.

1 hour ago, LivinginKata said:

Supposed to be at the 50 years road end. So must be on the Nanai Road side.  To be honest I cannot place the location of the photo.

I think it's on Phisit Koranee Rd just a little past where 50 Pii Rd terminates. They've had small directional signs up for quite some time, so I thought it had been completed/opened months ago.