Jomtien/Chonburi TM30 fines galore

You actually have to report to Immi (as an owner of property ) within 24 hrs of a foriegner residing at that address on arrival to Thailand

Therefore You /They would have a new TM 6 Slip every time the owner of such property was doing the TM 30 report

As far as I know in Thailand hotels have to do & ect but will not effect your return to the original residence since you are using the same TM 6

1 hour ago, theswedishguy said:

I usually have the receipt of TM30 in my passport and the last Visa run was the first time the officer removed this slip. 

I experienced something similar once - the wrong address in their computerized system, to spite my having done a TM-30 update with the new address.  The proof-slip in my passport saved me.

Be sure they write the correct address on your passport-slip - may need to translate the street from Thai, but the numbers are Western on mine.  If you loose your proof, then no way to show you actually did the reporting, since it appears the data-entry is not being updated consistently.

1 hour ago, theswedishguy said:

Fun to be offered VIP no waiting for 4600THB.  

I haven't heard that one at Jomtien - agents out-front now - or the guys next door?

I cannot resist in spite of my most recent post having been removed. You have paid and it is done with. If you had objected at the time by claiming that you couldn’t pay you would know more now.
Whether you have recourse to the law would depend on your vulnerability. You own a condo yet your visa needs extending three times a year! Is it possible that the IO feels that you are not in Thailand on a temporary basis? If so then I would say that you did the right thing.
There is no practical purpose for the TM30 report, Immigration know or can find out everything about you without asking you.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

5 hours ago, tgeezer said:

If you had objected at the time by claiming that you couldn’t pay you would know more now.

You mean he should tell immigrations when he's trying to extend his permission to stay that he has no money to pay a small fine?  Agree that he would definitely "know more now" ... mainly not to say ridiculous things to an immigration officer.

6 hours ago, theswedishguy said:

Three times this year when I extended my visa, I updated the TM30.

8 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

Not at all, simply suggest that it is too much, haggle for goodness sake. When you get ten baht off do you think that the seller thinks that you can’t afford ten baht?

You are thinking of the "marketplace" - not a govt-office / monopoly situation.  You can't go buy a cheaper fine from the guy in the next shop.  This is why things go seriously sideways when oversight, consistency, etc, are lacking in such situations - no market-corrective action. 

Granted, people can move to other countries - and have - but it seems many in Immigration consider this a "good thing" - or will until the point the layoffs begin, at which point it will be to late to save their jobs. 

Put immigration under the authority of TAT, or an organization representing small businesses, and the "moving away" factor might become part of the equation.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tgeezer said:

I cannot resist in spite of my most recent post having been removed. You have paid and it is done with. If you had objected at the time by claiming that you couldn’t pay you would know more now.
Whether you have recourse to the law would depend on your vulnerability. You own a condo yet your visa needs extending three times a year! Is it possible that the IO feels that you are not in Thailand on a temporary basis? If so then I would say that you did the right thing.
There is no practical purpose for the TM30 report, Immigration know or can find out everything about you without asking you.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I think his 'extending visa' may mean 90 day reporting....................

• Like 1

To me this is sounding like your on a Multi entry Visa, as you mentioned you did the same this time (leave & enter the country )

The problem is not with the address, but in fact they may have just cracked down & you were wrong with the 48 hrs

So by the way it's 24 hrs as I mentioned prior & they really stung you @ 1600 bht when it's usually 800bht

PS - Extend your Visa ? You have to leave country every 90 days or if Married you can extend at Immi inside Thailand

• Like 2

I feel sorry for any retirees who chose Jomtien as their home, and don’t live in a hotel. If Immigration can do this to them what is to stop them doing it to us in Bangkok?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

It could happen but hopefully it will be Chonburi/Jomtien going the way of Bangkok, which after all is the main Immigration office in Thailand, and only applying the TM30 to hotels.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BEVUP said:

You actually have to report to Immi (as an owner of property ) within 24 hrs of a foriegner residing at that address on arrival to Thailand

Therefore You /They would have a new TM 6 Slip every time the owner of such property was doing the TM 30 report

As far as I know in Thailand hotels have to do & ect but will not effect your return to the original residence since you are using the same TM 6

TM6 is nothing to do with the TM30.

It has been stated enough times in many posts.

The TM6 does not provide you with the notification of where you are staying that is required.

According to the way things work you are required to have the TM30 after you move address, or when you leave country and return.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, theswedishguy said:

I own a condo, where I stay. Three times this year when I extended my visa, I updated the TM30.

Today I did the same. Got fined 1600 THB since I should have reported myself within 48 hours when I entered the country.

This says it all

I am on an extension of stay based on retirement and live in Pattaya in a house owned by my wife. We moved earlier this year and when we reported the change of address in Jomtien I asked for clarification of the TM30 requirement. I was told that my wife did not need to submit the forms if I am out of the country for less than a month. I was away for a couple of weeks and returned in early September. I have to do a 90 day next week and will be interested to see what happens.

• Like 1

To theswedishguy

What happened to your TM30 notification receipts.

You should have shown the last one that you have as evidence.

Did you provide it to them, did they not accept it?

The receipt needs to be kept as evidence that you notified.

1 minute ago, jojothai said:

TM6 is nothing to do with the TM30.

It has been stated enough times in many posts.

The TM6 does not provide you with the notification of where you are staying that is required.

According to the way things work you are required to have the TM30 after you move address, or when you leave country and return.

It certainly does as it is linked in the Immi info when you enter with a new TM 6 number

Came directly from Immi police

Every time you re enter country you are to report to Immi police within 24 hrs - Quote - in Korat

A Tm 6 certainly tells them where you are staying - I think you put that in the space that says ADDRESS as they will not let you in the country if left blank

Post above - every Immi Dep has different rules

I once knew i should of reported when I did a border run to Loa returning too same address (then i wanted a Cert Of Resid ) so I reported in case they picked it up & was fined 800 bht (well actually wife was , was having a good laugh with them about that ) I just had to pay

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, glasswort said:

I am on an extension of stay based on retirement and live in Pattaya in a house owned by my wife. We moved earlier this year and when we reported the change of address in Jomtien I asked for clarification of the TM30 requirement. I was told that my wife did not need to submit the forms if I am out of the country for less than a month. I was away for a couple of weeks and returned in early September. I have to do a 90 day next week and will be interested to see what happens.

Requirements seem to be checked hit and miss. Some officers more thorough than others.

Please update after your 90 day.

Good to know how it goes.

I have owned a condo in Pattaya for 9 years now. I was an oil / gas rotator so I never stayed in county for more than 3 weeks. Now i have a Yellow foreigner house book and a yellow foreigner ID card. If anyone has tried to get these from Pattaya City Hall, you will know that it is a massive pain whereas other districts in Thailand seem to provide a walk in service. 

I am not working at this time, I got a retirement extension in October. I do my first 90-day report next month. I have not left Thailand since October, can anyone offer an opinion if I, as a holder of a Yellow house book, have to file a TM30?

4 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

It certainly does as it is linked in the Immi info when you enter with a new TM 6 number

Came directly from Immi police

Every time you re enter country you are to report to Immi police within 24 hrs - Quote - in Korat

A Tm 6 certainly tells them where you are staying - I think you put that in the space that says ADDRESS as they will not let you in the country if left blank

Post above - every Immi Dep has different rules

I once knew i should of reported when I did a border run to Loa returning too same address (then i wanted a Cert Of Resid ) so I reported in case they picked it up & was fined 800 bht (well actually wife was , was having a good laugh with them about that ) I just had to pay

Repeat

The TM6 is nothing to do with the TM30 reporting requirement.

Its been confirmed numerous times on TV by enough of the people you can trust including ubonjoe

3 minutes ago, houstoniron said:

I have owned a condo in Pattaya for 9 years now. I was an oil / gas rotator so I never stayed in county for more than 3 weeks. Now i have a Yellow foreigner house book and a yellow foreigner ID card. If anyone has tried to get these from Pattaya City Hall, you will know that it is a massive pain whereas other districts in Thailand seem to provide a walk in service. 

I am not working at this time, I got a retirement extension in October. I do my first 90-day report next month. I have not left Thailand since October, can anyone offer an opinion if I, as a holder of a Yellow house book, have to file a TM30?

From what i know In theory the TM30 would be required. However this must surely be a case where the yellow house book should suffice?

If i was you i would press hard particularly also with Id card.

TIT, logic doesnot always apply.

Please let others know how you get on and which immigration office.

The elephant in the room. Staying in Thailand long term on anything but a long term visa is circumventing the rules and it should not surprise anyone if Immigration wants to keep a strict check on those doing it.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, BsBs said:

Never reported anything within 20 years and still fine !

Any contact with these people can cause problems, just avoid them like plague !

Good for you.

If its been 20 years without any contact, by all means enjoy the 10 year ban when they find you.

• Haha 1