Thai man kills his father at their Father’s Day lunch in Chonburi

webfact

Thai man kills his father at their Father’s Day lunch

By Coconuts Bangkok 

cb.jpg

Photo: Sanook

A 23-year-old man in Chonburi was arrested for killing his own father during their family lunch yesterday, which was Father’s Day and a public holiday in Thailand

Thawatchai Meekaew confessed to police that he killed his father, Thongjom, 57, because he was angry that his father had warned him to drink less.

According to the investigation, Thongjom summoned his five children to celebrate Father’s Day at his home in Bo Thong district, and all of them started drinking.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/thai-man-kills-father-fathers-day-lunch/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-12-06

30 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

So, it carries a life sentence, but just you are sorry and the sentence is commuted.  What the hell kind of country is this?

Well, good question sir.
A fairly weird one (country i mean) once their 'amazing enchantment' has finally ceased.
And a pretty unfit one where - practised - judiciary is even slightly concerned.
Amongst others ... 

my old man used to always tell me to slow down the drinking (and he was right) when he was around, still hear his words now when i know i've probably had too much. would never think of raising my voice to him never mind getting violent no matter how tanked up i was. lock the little brat up for life

*but we all know that won't happen

Edited by Happy enough

2 hours ago, jollyhangmon said:

Well, good question sir.
A fairly weird one (country i mean) once their 'amazing enchantment' has finally ceased.
And a pretty unfit one where - practised - judiciary is even slightly concerned.
Amongst others ... 

IMO..the culture in general just hasn't learned the concept of taking responsibility...like a little kid..they act out of impulse without thinking of consequenses...and then assume that just saying "I'm sorry" is sufficient enough to move on...and of course there is no solid form of law  being properly enforced here....

1 hour ago, Lingba said:

IMO..the culture in general just hasn't learned the concept of taking responsibility...like a little kid..they act out of impulse without thinking of consequenses...and then assume that just saying "I'm sorry" is sufficient enough to move on...and of course there is no solid form of law  being properly enforced here....

It is a sense of entitlement that is being instilled in them by their mothers.  It is happening all over the world today, not just here.

there's a killer in all of those smiling drunk faces......

do never trust them ....the alcohol takes out the brain and leaves only the 

corpus callosum ( the reptile brain) , never sit too close to a crocodile especially when you

poked  it with a stick  .........

The full story indicates that despite the attempted intervention by the moron's brother he continued to beat up his father. I wonder why the other three offspring did not help. Even if the other three were girls I would have thought all four of them could intervene in stopping an idiot who has had too much to drink. The whole story beggars belief.

7 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

So, it carries a life sentence, but just you are sorry and the sentence is commuted.  What the hell kind of country is this?

No, you don't get the picture, you are allowed to kill one person in your life time. If you do it again then it would be life in prison or death penalty. So if you are sorry you killed someone then admit guilty and promise not to do it again that would be ok.

Isn't that what it means?

Who would you like to kill if you have this sort of opportunity? ( i thought i heard some said Trump).

1 hour ago, glasswort said:

The full story indicates that despite the attempted intervention by the moron's brother he continued to beat up his father. I wonder why the other three offspring did not help. Even if the other three were girls I would have thought all four of them could intervene in stopping an idiot who has had too much to drink. The whole story beggars belief.

Is it possible that none of the other children wanted to protect their father.

10 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

It's just Coconuts inaccurate b ollocks, they probably meant to say the punishment is the death sentence, which would be commuted.

2 hours ago, madusa said:

No, you don't get the picture, you are allowed to kill one person in your life time. If you do it again then it would be life in prison or death penalty. So if you are sorry you killed someone then admit guilty and promise not to do it again that would be ok.

Isn't that what it means?

Who would you like to kill if you have this sort of opportunity? ( i thought i heard some said Trump).

Those were the idiots speaking up...

10 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

So, it carries a life sentence, but just you are sorry and the sentence is commuted.  What the hell kind of country is this?b

Similar to many countries (even if you don't plead guilty).

Back home a person servingserving a  "life sentance" can be released after as little as 7 years.

In the USA you have "plea bargening". Why talk like it is only in Thailand this happens?

Edited by dotpoom

10 hours ago, jollyhangmon said:

Well, good question sir.
Amongst others ... 

Similar to many countries (even if you don't plead guilty).

Back home a person servingserving a  "life sentance" can be released after as little as 7 years.

Don't they also have "plea bargening"  in the USA. Many would consider that a very leniant system?....(ask the Flynn).