Claim when more than 1 year has passed

Monomial

Hi All,

We were rear ended in November of 2016, it was not our fault but I have been much too busy to go without the car for 2 weeks while it got fixed. My wife just informs me today that there is a 1 year limit on claims in Thailand and that it has now expired. It is now 3 weeks past the 1 year deadline.

What is the appropriate thing to do in this situation? Is there a way to ask the insurance company to extend the deadline for a repair? The insurance company is Viraya and this is 1st class insurance.

Thank you for any advice.

Check your policy, it will; say exactly how long you can wait with making a claim.

I would expect you're too late though.

You should have this sorted directly after the accident, on expenses of the guilty party, including car rental (the latter probably not covered by insurance, but that does not mean the guilty party does not have to pay).

• 2 weeks later...

I'll agree with Stevenl.  Rental car reimbursement on YOUR policy is certainly possible with AXA and Chubb.  I have also had the guilty party pay for my rental car expenses when I had a policy with Viriyah for a Toyota. The police, at the police station where I took a good translator, made sure the guilty party stepped up.