Under consideration stamp expiring but still no visa

So, this used to happen regularly at Pathumthani immigration and was never a problem. You would submit your paperwork, get a 30 day under consideration stamp, Bangkok would be late and they wouldn't have approval before the stamp expired. You would technically be on overstay for a week or two while waiting for it to arrive but it was never a big deal. It would come late and all would be good.

For the past couple of years, this issue seemed to have been resolved. The visa always came back within the month and was never a problem.

This year however, the problem seems to have returned, and given the serious consequences of overstay if you get stopped, I am very loathe to take a relaxed attitude now. Should I go tomorrow and demand another under consideration stamp? They will almost certainly tell me to relax and go home and not worry about it, but I'm not sure I feel comfortable with that approach anymore.

Has anyone else been in this situation recently, and how would you recommend I handle it?

The under consideration stamp allows you to stay in the country until your extension is approved. The report back date is just that it does end the under consideration period.

You are not on an overstay after the report back date.

• Like 1

Ubonjoe is correct, the under consideration stamp does not say anything about dates of expiration of permission to stay, it states that the applicant must contact the 'Temporary Permit Section Person' by xxxx date, so long as you comply with this part, then you are not doing anything wrong.

2 minutes ago, elviajero said:

You are not technically or actually on overstay all the time the extension of stay is under consideration, regardless of how long it takes.

100% correct, you should however technically still report to immigration on the date given on the under consideration stamp, even if the approval has not yet happened.