Short Stay Irish Visa for Thai Wife

18 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

No, it's valid for travel to Ireland from the date on the visa vignette, she will need to leave before the expiry date and for no longer than 90 days unless approval has been granted by the Irish Immigration Service.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/visa-how-to-read-visa

Thanks. 

How long a period is given to travel.  I gave then the travel date (12 Feb ) so assume will be valid 'till then at least. 

John

18 hours ago, JohnMidnight said:

Thanks. 

How long a period is given to travel.  I gave then the travel date (12 Feb ) so assume will be valid 'till then at least. 

John

What dates are given on the second line of the visa sticker?

There should be the from and until date, the until date being the last date that the visa can be utilised.

If this is later than 12th February, then you should be OK.

3 minutes ago, Mattd said:

What dates are given on the second line of the visa sticker?

There should be the from and until date, the until date being the last date that the visa can be utilised.

If this is later than 12th February, then you should be OK.

Hi,

But I have not seen the Visa.

Made a big mistake when submitting the paperwork for the Visa in Irish Embassy Bangkok.  I gave the wife's passport number as ID on the airline ticket (Vietjet).  This meant could not leave the passport with the Embassy as she would need it when checking-in for the flight back to Chiang Mai.

Embassy said that I could not post it back, they would not accept/process it.  Would have to be handed in in person

That was four weeks ago.  Yesterday wife gets a call from the embassy,  visa has been granted and  that she had to come in immediately and also that the three months would start the day the visa was stamped in her passport.  ????????

On my application form I gave a printout of  booked flight on 12th Feb  (Cost me 200 Baht)  But I also had to submit a travel insurance policy which also commenced on the 12 Feb. which was genuine and cost a lot more than 200 Baht.

After the hoops the Irish Embassy had me jump through,  to me it is not inconceivable that the wife picked the instructions up correctly.

But it does not make sense.  she must have picked it up wrong.  surely there is a window for travelling and the visa is for 90 days in Ireland  ?

Sent them an email last night seeking clarification, got a reply which ignored my questions 

Thank you for contacting us. We already inform the applicant today that her Irish visa  is ready to be collect from today onward.

Just a quick reminder on Friday we open from 9.30 until 12.00 am.

If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us UNQUOTE"

John