Thaksin Gives Live Interview To CNN

george

Tony is right and they will tear him to shreds and he will not be able to intimidate them like the Thai press. His version of reality differs so much that it is very obvious even for a green journalist to see.

I would like to share your optimism.

But the facts are going the other way.

4 month already. And...what ? Nothing. The big void. The same insane thai stories that we are used too, but only on a broader (and sometimes funnier) scale.

They should have dozens and dozens way to NAIL him. This struggle, if it's real, can't be solved "thai way", with smiles and calls to "love the country" like Sonthi said.

To shut down Thaksin, they need to nail him with proper charges and proper judiciary process. That will cut off his international supports (western democracies don't like convicted politicians...). Right now : he is the victim. And the "generals" are the bad guys.

That will prevent him to come back on the politic stage.

But they can't : because Thaksin has corrupted all the state apparatus. AEC complains that ministers are very reluctant to "clean" their administrations... It's the old system of croonies. The sand castle. You remove one item, and everything colapse.

Do you know ONE example of a "bad" thai politician (at high level) who has been convicted for wrong doings in the past ?

Sonthi and the PM want to play thai way. It's the recipe for more failure. Because Thaksin is smarter, and is able to play western style.

I'm sorry : but until now, he's leading the game.

First, it would be useless to make it a rush job and have cases thrown out of court, that would look even worse than the turtle speed process that is going on now. Slow but sure. 4 months is nothing when investigating 6 years of gargantuan corruption.

Second, they have to dig deep and wide. Look at how complicated the Shin deal is.

Third, expect more corruption cases and scandals that haven't yet seen the light of day.

Quite a task when government officials are still intentionally delaying or refusing to file complaints, reports, charges. Bannhapot (T's bro in law) himself did not show up this morning to testify, never notified anyobe beforehand, simply sent a rep to announce his absence on account that he hasmore urgent and important business in Chiang Mai. :D So far, I think, every Thaksin family member have delayed their testimonies. More delays=more media bullsh!t for Thaksin with his cowardly convenience of being stuck abroad. :o

*edited for bad typos

Just found an interesting article.

PEOPLE'S GROUPS SHINE LIGHT ON CORRUPTION

"Investigations, as well as graft proceedings, have always been interfered with by those allegedly involved in the corruption. We need to follow up closely and demand transparency in every step," said Saree Ongsomwang of the Foundation of Consumers

http://www.bangkokpost.net/210107_Perspect...007_pers001.php

Edited by Tony Clifton

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony is right and they will tear him to shreds and he will not be able to intimidate them like the Thai press. His version of reality differs so much that it is very obvious even for a green journalist to see.

I would like to share your optimism.

But the facts are going the other way.

4 month already. And...what ? Nothing. The big void. The same insane thai stories that we are used too, but only on a broader (and sometimes funnier) scale.

They should have dozens and dozens way to NAIL him. This struggle, if it's real, can't be solved "thai way", with smiles and calls to "love the country" like Sonthi said.

To shut down Thaksin, they need to nail him with proper charges and proper judiciary process. That will cut off his international supports (western democracies don't like convicted politicians...). Right now : he is the victim. And the "generals" are the bad guys.

That will prevent him to come back on the politic stage.

But they can't : because Thaksin has corrupted all the state apparatus. AEC complains that ministers are very reluctant to "clean" their administrations... It's the old system of croonies. The sand castle. You remove one item, and everything colapse.

Do you know ONE example of a "bad" thai politician (at high level) who has been convicted for wrong doings in the past ?

Sonthi and the PM want to play thai way. It's the recipe for more failure. Because Thaksin is smarter, and is able to play western style.

I'm sorry : but until now, he's leading the game.

I would tend to agree with you here. It is time they dealt with the state officials obstructing cases from even getting to court. The courts is where the corruption allegations should be sorted out. And yes if they want to beat Thaksin they need to do this quick. Their term is getting shorter and shorter and no elected government composed of the usual set of wonderful politicians minus a few real good ones is going to do anything about one of their own.

Looks like things are cranking up another notch or two. Starting to root out people for being silent, that should start some finger pointing to save their own backsides. All it takes is just one to crack and the media will start to make Thaksin’s story look like Swiss cheese. Forcing the police to find the real people behind the bombs. This is getting to be a huge amount of pressure from many sides for the Thaksin people still hiding in office. When the TRT falls it will be more difficult for them to keep a network going of hiding information without a central hub. There’s that hub word again....

Thaksin didn't his help his cause any with his comments regarding His Majesty that I purposely omitted from Thaksin's subsequent Japanese interview.

Having read the entire transcript, I can't see anything untoward. If anything he goes out of his way to say he's reverential several times.

Not that we can even discuss this like adults, the moment one takes issue with posts from the anti-Thaksin brigade, they will start screeching and say "You've used the K. word, Burn him !"

Its like that scene in 'Life of Brian' where they stone people who say 'Jehoveh'

You can choose to comply with thaivisa's rules or not..

I choose to comply. If that bothers you, I'm sorry.

I've reported your posts. A lot of members here are getting fed up with you introducing royal themes then attempting to get them into trouble/banned when they reply to you. It happens frequently, its always done in the same smarmy, supercilious tone, and it always emanates from you.

Nuff' said...... I guess this is what we have an 'ignore button' for...here goes.

Edited by Barney_the_Dinosaur

Thaksin didn't his help his cause any with his comments regarding His Majesty that I purposely omitted from Thaksin's subsequent Japanese interview.

Having read the entire transcript, I can't see anything untoward. If anything he goes out of his way to say he's reverential several times.

Not that we can even discuss this like adults, the moment one takes issue with posts from the anti-Thaksin brigade, they will start screeching and say "You've used the K. word, Burn him !"

Its like that scene in 'Life of Brian' where they stone people who say 'Jehoveh'

I've reported your posts. A lot of members here are getting fed up with you introducing royal themes then attempting to get them into trouble/banned when they reply to you. It happens frequently, its always done in the same smarmy, supercilious tone, and it always emanates from you.

Nuff' said...... I guess this is what we have an 'ignore button' for...here goes.

It's been going on for a long time and I understand the moderators are aware of the problem with this poster.

It's been going on for a long time and I understand the moderators are aware of the problem with this poster.

SJ is quite correct in my view. Stop trying to stir sh#t younghusband. Just because SJ is able to hold an opposite view to you and is able to portray them in a far more eloquent way, there is no need to get jealous

SJ is quite correct in my view. Stop trying to stir sh#t younghusband. Just because SJ is able to hold an opposite view to you and is able to portray them in a far more eloquent way, there is no need to get jealous

If SRJ doesn't think we should be discussing Thailand's royal family, then why does he frequently introduce the subject into topics...then mop up all the replies by strongly insinuating that those people should be disciplined.

If, god forbid, Thaivisa did get into trouble, you can bet the origin of the incident would be at John's keyboard.

Edited by Barney_the_Dinosaur

If SRJ doesn't think we should be discussing Thailand's royal family, then why does he frequently introduce the subject into topics...then mop up all the replies by strongly insinuating that those people should be disciplined.

If, god forbid, Thaivisa did get into trouble, you can bet the origin of the incident would be at John's keyboard.

Guys could we stick to topic. Personally I try to respect the views of all even if I dont agree with them. It is better to have the threads continue than end up with them shut down. imho.

Peace