Snakes

grahamg

Yes, it looks like a rat snake...but remember there are 35 venomous snakes in Thailand (36 if you count the Thai woman). In the last 3 yrs we have killed 17 snakes on my land, and my dogs have killed 7 of them. I have killed 5 cobras, 2 red head and 1 Malayan pit. And this is why my dogs sleep in the house to keep the snakes out!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, doggie1955 said:

Yes, it looks like a rat snake...but remember there are 35 venomous snakes in Thailand (36 if you count the Thai woman). In the last 3 yrs we have killed 17 snakes on my land, and my dogs have killed 7 of them. I have killed 5 cobras, 2 red head and 1 Malayan pit. And this is why my dogs sleep in the house to keep the snakes out!

Why  Kill Snakes,  Snakes are attracted to filth, Try cleaning around your property, No Rats no snakes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

dont talk about killing snakes,dogs,..........

many snake -eyed farangs are waiting for those comments , they rather see a child bitten by a snake , than a snake killed by the father. 

Also a raging dog ,is your own mistake .....if your child is bitten in the face ....they will put the blame on the child ,never on the holy -dog owner.........

So better never mention it here .......... 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, 12DrinkMore said:

That is not true.

They are attracted by prey, shelter and snakes of the opposite gender.

However, filth attracts vermin such as rats, which are prey for snakes......

But I am against killing of snakes. And they do not want to be around humans and given the chance will slither off asap.

With the possible exception of Malayan Pit Vipers which cannot be relied to behave them selves.  Run away, do nothing and wait till you have moved away or attack without warning.  I have killed several who did not attack but most accounts describe them as unpredictable.

On 12/8/2017 at 5:37 PM, grahamg said:

Any one got an idea what this snake is

Yep... it’s a “don’t f*** with me” snake, but then, I’m australian, where all snakes are “don’t f*** with me” snakes.

that said.... get closer next time, when you take the picture ????

seriously though, the amount of bends (for want of not knowing the correct word) suggests that it has a long striking range, so beware

also... the picture seems to show a flattened tail, although that may just be markings on the road/path...... flat tail snakes are often water snakes of one description or another

For me, snakes and electricity are the two most scary things on this planet.... both are usually invisible prior to death.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2017 at 11:42 AM, doggie1955 said:

I understand that in Australia they have 21 of the 25 most venomous snakes in the world! Some 100 Australian snakes are venomous.  

Life is good in Thailand. :thumbsup:

Edited by lvr181
Additional comment

On 2017-12-10 at 2:42 AM, doggie1955 said:

I'd consider to relocate...

On 12/9/2017 at 5:12 PM, Thongkorn said:

Usual by rule of thumb , but dont take it as Gospel, If the head is in the shape of a clubs on playing cards its usualy poisonsnes.

There are no poisonous snakes except in the genus Rhabdophis. Two examples are the Tiger and Red Knecked Keelbacks. The poison is secreted through glands on the neck. The Red Neck can be found in Thailand. Below is one I found last month entering my house. 

20170927_111654.jpg